Fire Emblem: Emulation Theory

Sorry You had a problem with chapter 5! It’s by far the most broken one, specially since it’s like 2 years old at this point. I thought it worked fine, because no one else had that problem apparently, but looks like I have to go fix it once again.

good to hear I wasnt the only one having problems with the events going crazy on chapter 5.

1 Like

Did it crash like alguien?

Nope but events seem to skip way to fast before I completed x objective. after completing the 1st 2 objectives.

Is it mean to crash in ch5?
Killing pink will softlock
Killing blue will take u back to the menu

Managed to skip the events to avoid glitch
But nothing happened after killing everyone in fourth phase and hence stuck…

I come with more bug updates.
I think the reason the silver sword village on ch6 doesn’t work is also because it’s not classified as a house, but a gate.
Ch8 was also quite buggy. Nergal’s death is not a game over. Many times in events, when the camera is supposed to move, the game softlocks.
It’s impossible to get 10x, the game checks fot 3 green leaders but only 2 are ever spawned.
Countless minor issues during dialogue and cutscenes.
Ch11 ended in a winless softlock too.

And im mad at the balance, but that’s a different thing.
Still, i’m finding enjoyment out of the hack.

Hi. I’m working on Chapter 5, trying to make it playable. Some of the errors were due to inefficient coding bc i’m bad at stuff, but there are some of them that I couldn’t fix, specially with the branching path stuff, so there will be only one path sadly. Also fixed the chp6, 8, 10x and 11 issues. Before I release the patch I would like to have someone to playtest chp5, since I don’t want to touch it again but I’m not sure if it totally works. If someone wants to help me, please contact me in Discord.

Something in particular I can fix? I can think of a few classes or units that can be stronger than others, but I’m so bad at Fire Emblem I don’t know if the average player thinks the same as me.

Still? didn’t knew people enjoy suffering

Tried this hack and i cant get pass chapter 5 when u kill 1 of the bosses.

any solution yet for this?

New patch is (hopefully) online!

• Changed chapter 5, making it less buggy (I hope. I haven’t found any glitches in my playtesting, so…) but without the branching paths stuff. If you keep getting problems with it, please contact me on Discord, where I might ask for screenshots of the events
  • You can now sieze in chapter 10, and made it easier (and also possible) to get 10x
  • You can now go past chapter 11

Link’s the same, which gives me anxiety because I’m not sure wether it’s updated or not. Either way, have a nice day

5 Likes

Game looks amazing! Is it completely playable from start to finish with no problems? Just wondering what to expect when I start playing. Thanks!

Not going to lie to you, I think the game is still unstable, as it lacks the polishing it needs. I have checked and all chapters can be beaten with no problems, but I really do not know if that’s the case. Of course, not every single chapter is a mess, but specially chapters 5, 8 and maybe 19 onwards can have their… issues, intentionally or not

Couldn’t access chapter 10x, had all 3 leaders spawned couldn’t talk to them however. Got the shortcut dialogue, then the post event played twice and got sent to chapter 11.

edit: aaaaand chapter 10X is unwinnable as the arrive point doesn’t work. also please mark maps that have a turn limit with their turn limit I ended up redoing 10X like 5 times because of random game overs just to find out 1, there is a 12 turn limit, and 2, it doesn’t matter because YOU CAN’T BLOODY ARRIVE. the Seize Flag for the arrive tile was never marked enabled.

Edit 2: Chapter 12x is unable to be obtained even with renac, l’arachel and dozla alive it didn’t activate.

Edit 3:upon starting chapter 15 for some reason Gerik is just gone and i don’t know why, and both soldiers myrrh and uther are all in my roster.

1 Like

Amazing work! Just finished my first playthrough and wanted to leave a few comments and report a couple bugs I ran into.

First off, this is probably one of the best hacks I’ve played. Definitely top 5. Very fun gameplay with some unexpected mechanics that made chapters exciting rather than gimmicky. One of the highlights is definitely the story. It is really well done and towards the end I found myself rushing through combat to get to the next dialogue.

On the con side: I did run into a few bugs, but nothing game-breaking. The dialogue could use some polishing grammar-wise. Towards the end of the game the units are so powerful that even when you get tossed into a pit with multiple bosses, combat is trivial (Nino is a beast as always).

Overall, there is still room for improvement, but this is a fantastic game as-is.

Bugs:
Rescuing the girl in the first chapter with the twins causes problems. Maybe max her con?

After switching back to Ericka after the Ephraim chapter where Uther is introduced, Uther, Myrrh and the soldiers were added to the roster while Dorcas was removed (I never did get him back). This also happened later in the game where Lyon was incorrectly added to Ericka’s roster.

Game crashes when Mark attacks Fomortiis.

In the chapter when Hector is introduced. Hector respawned with reinforcements several times and I ended up facing an army of 50+ instead of 10. Granted, this was not a big problem because Nino is a beast…

In the chapter where you rescue Natalie and Lloyd, the chest with a brave axe at the bottom can be opened multiple times (infinite brave axes)

Mark’s stats are reset when he promotes. I am guessing this is a limitation of the implementation rather than a bug, but it was disappointing to see.

I did not get the gaiden chapter in 10 even though 3 leaders were alive.

In the void chapter when the faceless are performing rituals to spawn the big bad, The first two rituals worked as expected. The third faceless dissapeared, but did not spawn the big bad. The fourth worked as expected. After killing the last big bad, the counter listed 0 enemy units, but the chapter did not end. Presumably this is because something went wrong with the 3rd faceless and one of the enemies did not spawn as expected. I needed to reset to an earlier state and kill the faceless before the ritual to complete the chapter.

Grammar is a common issue throughout the game. If you are looking for help, I’d be happy to edit.

1 Like

I’m not dead, I live

Currently i’m working in editing the text! Almost every single dialogue is being edited: Most of the errors (both gramatical and story-wise) were fixed (I’m 100% sure I missed a few, I don’t know). Then I rewrote some of the scenes and overall polished a lot of things. I only changed the text, not the events, tho. I’m planning on polishing the events later (maybe that one will come up at around october or FEE3?). I was just about to publish this new patch but now I realize I have to fix my game even more.

I’ll redo 10x (maybe remove the time limit and make it a siege? Maybe actually add a boss with a portrait?) and fix 12x. Noted. About Gerik? No idea why that happened. I don’t think he’s even used in events at all after his appearence until, idk, chapter 24? But I’ll see what’s up.

Thank you so much <3

Of course, I’m planning on balancing the game. In the late game the stats of both allies and enemies are so busted and high that I’m honestly not surprised that it was trivial (specially considering the rough early game). I’m nerfing a few units, Seth and Nino are on my list, but I don’t know which ones are stronger than average, or if it’s just a general problem and every single unit is a powerhouse.

I tought I’ve done that already. Noted.

Seems like same bug that happened to jackofblades. Those Ephraim levels are the buggiest ones, but that never happened to me, if I recall correctly. Did Myrrh and the soldiers got back in chapter 19?

This one might be impossible to fix without making a battle sprite for Mark, and I don’t have the artistic skills for that. Still, I’ll see what’s up.

Not a big problem? not a bug, then. /s

I knew this would happen to me

Sadly, yes. Nothing I can do about it. I tought Mark’s stats were higher than those you were suppose to have at that point? How busted was your Mark?

Weirdly enough, It’s not the first time in the hack that the flag for routing doesn’t turn on when you have 0 units. The Hector chapter had the same bug. I think I broke the code for routing.

I was one step ahead! Already fixed! But if you want to help me polishing the text even more, I would appreciate it very much!

So, yeah, I guess you’ll have to wait a bit more for the patch, game’s even more broken than i thought. (Hey, at least it’s nice to know that you can play up until the end of the game now. Progress)

2 Likes

Sorry if i came off as harsh, spending an hour effectively doing nothing was a headache. after running into the issue with chapter 10-10x i started using the FE-builder to do workarounds so its no big deal, which also let me check out some of the items you tinkered with. So i feel i should warn you the juna fruits sadly don’t work like that. They seem to be unable to reduce level and provide stat boosts. So you may just want to try to make a whole new item or leave them as level drainers.

Another small issue is i don’t think you set the energy ring to actually effect magic at all, and for some strange reason staves are still using STR for all their checks, that first silence priest with the torch staff had a range of 2 because his strength was so low. Nothing alittle toying with the editor can’t fix but i figured you should know.

1 Like

It’s fine! I understand your frustration. It was my fault for not testing 10x properly. I’m sorry for that

Sad. I guess you don’t need the stat boost when your units are already busted, so I’ll leave it as just normal juna fruit.

That’s why staff users didn’t heal. Huh.

Magic is an extra stat made by skill system (I think), so it works in very odd ways, and when I tried to add it in the energy ring section, it dissapeared. If I knew how to merge strength and magic I would’ve done that already, but after trying for some time I decided to balance the lightforged weapons around those two stats, just so some classes can use them better (like the pegasi duo and Eirika). Can I make staves use Magic instead of strength?

Also, thanks for the help!

Funny enough in my tinkering i was actually able to get the energy rings to add +2 magic as well in febuilder but since it only effects tomes and most magic users gave good growths it didn’t end up mattering much.

Since I knew going in this one had some oddities i effectively cheated as a way of bug testing, which was how i figured the out staff thing, and found out 10x was busted and force enabled a seize flag to progress.

As per setting the +2magic there is a second menu for statboost adjustments and you have to edit it in that menu and then write it to a rom to test, or at least thats how I made it work.

Also, your very much welcome. Sometimes the only way to find certain bugs and problems is for someone else to find them, at least now you know about them and can try to fix some of it.

Side note: something about the checks for 21x are also off so it can’t be access normally even with hector and brenya alive/recruited.

They did get back in 19, though I benched the soldiers in Erika’s chapters so they had no weapons in 19 lol.

I may have had some lucky levels. Mark seemed to gain levels at a crazy rate (pretty much 1 lvl every kill) so by the time he promoted he had been level 30 for a couple chapters already and was nearly at cap for every stat. By the end of the game he had capped every stat but luck and strength.

lol. I ran into the same bug with the hector chapter. Luckily I was able to end the chapter by seize.

Awesome! I look forward to another playthrough in the future.

1 Like

so this hack is safe to play now from start to end?

I remember gettin stuck cuz of bugs and droppin this.

1 Like

Sorry that happened to you! I believe a person managed to reach the end, so as long as you don’t go to 10x for now you can technically play it from start to end

With that being said, I’m working on a new patch which will fix some of the bugs, polish the dialogue and balance the game. So if you want to wait for a better experience, I think this patch will come soon. If not I guess you can play it now I guess

3 Likes