http://www.mediafire.com/file/bdpino5adlzey8n/Code+of+the+Black+Knights+September+28+build.rar/file <-DOWNLOAD THE HACK HERE! (Patch on an FE8 ROM.)
Hey there! I am Mycahel. For the last few months I’ve been working on a hack concept with an unique plot. I had no experience with hacking at all, though, so I had to learn everything from scratch. Thankfully, I think I got the hang of it pretty quickly. I only completely broke the game on
eight nine different ocassions! I think. Anyway, here we go!
By the way, all feedback is appreciated. The hack currently has 30 chapters, 42 playable maps, and over 35 playable characters not counting bonus units, and is around 84% complete, with one of the branches fully developed and the others in progress.
Code of the Black Knights is a romhack that takes place on the continent of Lumae, a mass of land that was pulled from the oceans by Naga, the God of Creation, 213 years before the game takes place. Due to this unusual origin, Lumae lacks any natural coasts, so sea travel was impossible, isolating the continent from the rest of the world until recently.
Within the continent, there are four runes which have bizarre, mystical powers. Four nations took them, and became more powerful than the rest of the nations in the Continent.
Enter our protagonists: Schwarze and Noir, who, after an attack on a central fort, seek to investigate why Zoyla, an allied nation would send mercenaries against them. But some truths were not meant to be discovered…
Our main Characters
Schwarze- A 19-year old knight who has unparalelled combat skill. His fighting style is rather unusual; while most knights use regular swords or spears, and lords generally use rapiers, Schwarze instead specializes in the use of heavy blades. His unique weapon, Seiken, was a custom-made sword he was given when he was named knight, and it doesn’t even weigh him down. One of the two commanders of the Holy Knights of Kalm, his loyalty to his kingdom is unshakable - or so he believes. When the truth is exposed, he will be forced to choose between defending his country… or his own ideals.
Noir - The Tactician Commander of the Holy Knights of Kalm. At just 18 years, she managed to prove her worth and become a symbol of inspiration thanks to her capacity to adapt to her surroundings–It’s been nearly a year since that day. She leads through knowledge, and exploits this knowledge by using forgotten magic. Her signature spell, Gawain, summons a dark blade and grants her defense, at the cost of range. She constantly keeps a serene, stoic demeanor, but what emotions and motivations does she hide behind this mask?
Known bugs - Please read before playing.
- Using Sei to summon phantoms might cause them to stay in the party, preventing them from being summoned for the rest of the chapter.
- Skipping cutscenes by using Start might break some events. If you want to skip, mash that B button! >:(
What this hack offers:
- An unique, interesting storyline with a custom world map, an In-game glossary and a lot of world building.
- Creative map design with a lot of replayability. Every run is a different experience.
- A revamped magic system based on The Sacred Trilogy. Not only is the anima triangle back, but every type of magic has a different specialty! Dark magic has varying effects and tends to apply debuffs, Anima magic focuses towards raw damage at different ranges, and nearly every light magic tome has a specific attribute, such as Hit/Avo or Crit, radically increased.
- Side chapters that are actually optional! They feature a different party, and present a new point of view. Playing them is HIGHLY recommended, but there is no penalty for skipping them, either.
Multiple endings! The current game has 5 endings.
Only one of them is good though. And there’s also that one that makes “Day of Lavos” look like a walk in the park…
- Two deeply developed protagonists and a varied cast! Even the bosses have their own character and motivations.
- Several custom classes! Without going too deep, Schwarze and Noir both belong to unique classes of their own.
- A skill system that implements the STR/MAG split(Thank you, CirclesEverywhere and Co.)
- A whole array of (Mostly) original soundtrack! Currently, around 20 tracks were composed for these chapters. This includes the battle and map themes.
Also a lot of midis that i totally didn’t steal from the soundroom~
- Varied map objectives, with anti-turtling incentives and non-linear design!
- A lot of choices that affect the narrative. Some of them are conscious, and some of them aren’t, but still affect the events in the game. Some don’t have real weight, some do have real importance, some have long term consequences and some even determine the outcome of the story. This can vary from chapter branches to different units being deployed - with or against you. But there isn’t always a right answer.
- When a character dies, they’re gone forever, but unlike regular fire emblem, they’re not forgotten. Certain characters have different developments depending on who’s alive, and some scenes only trigger when some others aren’t. For this reason, it’s recommended not to reset on death (It’s a demo anyway, what do you have to lose lol)
- Finish branches B (Major branch), C(Minor branch) and D(Also minor).
- Polish some of the custom animations
- This list will be updated as the hack goes on.
- @7743 for FEBUILDERGBA. Thanks a lot, dude.
- A lot of the characters were made by editing portraits I made with TheFlyingMinotaur’s portrait generator tool. You can find it here. https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/7l6wuk/i_love_gba_fire_emblem_spritesportraits_so_i_made/
- ARandomWizard, Leviathan 64, Melia, @CapibaraInSpace, @LaurentLacroix, @Nickt, XVI and probably everyone involved in any mugging blitz ever for several of the boss mugs from the repo.
- @A_Reliable_Chair for keeping the soundroom and the song repository. Also everyone involved in the soundroom lol.
- @Bwan for improving Noir’s portrait.
- FEGIRLS for the female fighter map animation.
- Team SALVAGED, Nuramon, Blood, Pikimin, DerTheVaporeon, Spud, Ryn and TBA for several repo animations and edited animations.
- Lissandra_Brave, 2WB, Ereshkigal, GabrielKnight for several item icons.
- Aera for a LOT of patches.
- Orihara_Saki and SHYUTERz for several spell animations
Schwarze and Noir: Start recruited.
Cecil and Artemisa: Chapter 1, Join automatically at turn 3.
Hermes: Chapter 2, starts recruited.
Oliver (Priest): Chapter 2, also starts recruited.
Maria (Fighter) and Josephine (Sword Cavalier): Chapter 2, joins at turn 3.
Zero (Archer): Joins automatically at chapter 3. If you played the gaiden, he retains his stats. If not, he joins at level 5.
Elizabeth (Monk) and Lewis (Ranger, prepromote): Join automatically at chapter 4, turn 5.
Hazel (Thief): Talk to Schwarze, Elizabeth or Zero in chapter 5.
Mithra (Trobadour): Join automatically at the end of chapter 5.
Taurus (Sniper): Automatic join, but only stays for chapter 8.
Sei (Shaman): Check the tree on chapter 9.
Subaru (Rally-based Mercenary): Visit all the villages on chapter 10.
Mia (Cleric): Talk to Sei (And only Sei) in chapter 12.
Angel (Dancer): Enter the pub at chapter 13 with a green or red gem, or 3000 gold.
Walker (Swordmaster): Joins automatically at chapter 15, turn 4.
Hiryu (Assassin): Joins automatically at chapter 16, turn 2.
William (Bow Warrior) and Tolkien (Berserker): Join automatically at the start of chapter 18-2.
Rowling (Staff Falcoknight): Joins automatically at Chapter 18-3, turn 3.
Iris (Wyvern Knight): Rescue her in chapter 18-2.
The shade (Druid): Visit the shrine with Schwarze or Sei. You get a bonus if Sei is the one who visits.
Aurora (Paladin) And Argent (Great Knight): Automatically at the start of chapter 22. They are married, so they start with A-Support, but cannot support with anyone else.
Hall (Pegasus Knight): Joins automatically at chapter 7, if you refused orders.
Sally (Mage): Talk to her with Schwarze at chapter 7, if you accepted orders.
Rose (Myrmidon): Free her from her cell in chapter 11. This will get Jin indirectly killed.
Jin (Mage): Free him from his cell in chapter 11. This will get Rose indirectly killed.
Blaise (General): Have Noir talk to the boss in chapter 14, but kill none or almost none of his troops.
Awakened Mithra (Valkyrie): Joins at the middle of chapter 16, only if Mithra was defeated before.
Liam (Bard): Joins at the end of chapter 18-3, but only if Angel is dead. Depending on route, there are second chances to recuit him, but he will never join if Angel is alive.
Lowell (Est Soldier): Talk to Schwarze at chapter 19 and wait one turn.
Grey: Joins after pulling a spectacular double-betrayal when you get ambushed at chapter 22.
Jaeger (DragonHeart - T3 Wyvern Lord): It’s… complicated. Exact requirements vary by route, but in all of them he must survive chapter 22.
Elias (Golden Knight - T3 Great Knight): Auto-join in endgame A. He is also a forced deploy.
Unreleased ones (So, even more spoilers!)
Kayleth (Necromancer - T3 Summoner): Accept his offer in chapter 25.
Celia (Deadeye - T3 Sniper) and Kelly (Duelliste - T3 Champion): Join automatically at chapter 28-C. To reach this route, you must either fail to save the civilian at chapter 25, or fail the time limit at 26-B (Accepting Kayleth’s offer) or 28-A (Declining Kayleth’s offer).
Thanks a lot, see you soon!