FIRE EMBLEM - Code of the Black Knights: Decisive Edition (30 chapters)

I mean, it’s well written but…

Summary

There are just many plotholes.
Oliver already had a mother of whom he had fond memories. She passed away about one or two years before the events of the game, but she is even referenced in one of the extra scenes. Meaning that by the time Schwarze finished his training, she was still alive.

For this very reason, Oliver probably saw Artemisa as a close family but hardly as a mother.

This, along with the fact that Oliver never told any details about the Kalm Palace vision to Artemisa (Or anyone, for that matter), unfortunately brings down the whole case…

Still, I appreciate that you took the time to write it :slight_smile:

1 Like
Summary

I should indeed fix that. Thank you. I didn’t likely catch that because it was an extra scene; I’ll make sure to fix it tomorrow first thing.

I thought the story I wrote made it clear that Oliver didn’t tell her anything about it, beyond the ‘you only have a short time left, use it wisely’, but then again, that’s what revisions are for.

And thanks! I hope it was good otherwise. I’ll let you know when the revisions for it are complete~!

1 Like

I fixed the story I wrote! Hopefully this falls more in line with canon now…

On a side note…

Feedback on new units

Mjoll is great for when she joins. She literally has everything she needs to thrive on this map.

(Also gave me a reason to use Cyan more for the Support rank needed to keep her.)

I’d ask for Cyan and company to appear in the base, but uh, given ROM limitations… you get the idea.

2 Likes

Fire Emblem - Code of the Black Knights V1.1 January 7

Oh noes. it Hans

1 Like

Hey, I inserted the portrait into the rom using febuilder to test how it looked ingame, and uh, his face is GIGANTIC. I’ll fix it tomorrow if I have time; it shouldn’t be too hard aside from having to redo the frames (although they should be in the same place).

Spoilers

Here’s what it looks like next to William and a preview of the new sizing (I just shifted some pixels around)
sizing

2 Likes
Endgame C

Dammit, Layton (I dunno how to embed vids so sorry)

Also, I was pleasantly surprised you added me in the credits section! Thanks, man!

There’s also a tutorial for custom openings, if you’re interested.

1 Like

how does one install the third tier classes? its an excel doc so im not quite sure, or is that to just show the stats?

1 Like

Hello! First of all, this is the best hack I have ever played. It’s even better than Last promise, which has been my favourite hack.

I am currently stuck in

Chapter 24, unfortunately, the game resets itself everytime I talk to a certain NPC (NARIDA) Green unit. Can somebody tell me how to move forward?

Thanks a lot! I am stuck in this chapter, talked to every NPC, actually nothing happens I want to move to the route split!

1 Like

Talk to person at top (not Narida)

1 Like

which one? there is no one, i cant talk to the cleric (Lauren), there is no talk command

1 Like

I don’t see any reason why the talk command isn’t showing… Could you send your save via private message so I can check what’s going on?

1 Like

Don’t worry, the excel doc is just there so that you can check the stats.

1 Like

Thanks for the tutorial, but I’m no artist… I can make one or two combat animations, but an entire animated intro is completely out of my field.

1 Like

What are the promotions for each T1 class? I’m guessing:

Lord > Knight Lord or Great Lord
Commander > Spectre or Grandmaster
Archer > Sniper or Ranger
Myrmidon > Swordmaster or Assassin
Mercenary > Hero or Ranger
Soldier > Halberdier or General
Thief > Rogue or Assassin
Mage > Sage or Mystic Knight
Troubadour > Valkyrie or Mystic Knight
Cavalier > Paladin or Great Knight
Fighter > Warrior or Hero
Monk and Priest > Bishop or Sage
Cleric > Bishop or Valkyrie
Pirate > Berserker or Warrior
Wyvern Rider > Wyvern Lord or Wyvern Knight
Pegasus Knight > Falcoknight or Wyvern Knight
Shaman > Druid or Summoner

Is this right?

1 Like

Aside from Heroes, who are renamed Champions in this hack, you are correct in all of them.

1 Like

Does the weapon triangle even exist?

1 Like

Yep, there’s also the Anima weapon triangle, in which Fire is strong against Wind, Wind is strong against Thunder, Thunder is strong against Fire.

1 Like

Reason I said that is that there should be no reason that an axe should have like 67 hit against a sword

1 Like

Apparently hit rates were buffed, especially on axes so Maria wouldn’t die chapter 2. LOL.
Maybe giving her, +1 con, making female warrior/hero give -1 con on promotion, and giving her a C rank with Josephine from the beginning might fix it? Or give Hermes more time to reach the west side of the map. Or just give Maria a prf swordreaver or something. If it’s bothersome you can edit the values in febuilder on a patched rom, it becomes less of an issue late game and makes duelist’s blow more satisfying imo.
wish terrain wasn’t nerfed along with hit rate being buffed but whatever

1 Like
Feedback

Code of the Black Knights_1610712645848

I have a sense of Deja Vu… look, being real here, ag least one of three things needs to happen:

Either get rid of his Siege tome for his chapter, get rid of Hawkeye, or nerf his Magic stat as an enemy unit.

Actually better idea: Get rid of the second pair of thieves that spawn- if those fuckers open up the doors to Drew’s chambers early, it turns the chapter into a goddamn nightmare.

This boss is already unfair as hell, because you’re using an army that doesn’t exactly have a lot of people with high res, and with the usual drawback of siege tomes (low hit) not being an issue with Drew, this essentially means that there is a HP threshold a unit has to have at all times, or else be one-shot.

Especially since other enemies that can soften you up for him can move first and damage your units, making the possibility of any preventive healing attemps stick potentially very RNG based.

There’s no easy way to get to him in one turn either once the doors open up, let alone kill him- and if he switches to Elfire, it’s going to be death for whoever attacked him.

Silence Staff is not a solution either- that’s only available to you potentially on one of the two routes at this point. (And it also relies on RNG to some extent to get ig to work).

I think you also need to check some of the promoted enemies again in the early chapters, because some of them have stats that are more appropiate for later on down the road.

Case in point, this woman from Chapter 11:
Code of the Black Knights_1610712883641

No unit that you essentially have to defeat should be this fucking powerful at this point in the game. Not even on Hard Mode. That Steel Blade of hers doesn’t even slow her down that much in practice because 21 Speed means that even with Rallyman and Elizabeth support, very few units are going to be able to not get doubled by them without extremely good level-ups in the speed department, and doubling them would be even harder.

That low Res would be a weakness to exploit… except for the fact that there’s a MAGIC SEAL she’s in the radius of, which handily takes away that potential idea as an option to deal with her.

Sure, Lewis and Seal Speed could help remedy this- but that doesn’t change how I think that these stats, which let this enemy one-round even with WTD, are downright ridiculous for this point in the game.

Not even Artemisa can solo her with the Brave Lance unless she gets lucky with a crit or two- and that’s saying something not good.

Oh and speaking of Seal Speed: FUCK that skill SO much. It’s not fun AT ALL on the enemies because (IIRC) it means you either have to kill them in one go, or suffer a -4 penalty to Speed that doesn’f fully fade away until four turns later.

Four points of speed that potentially make all the difference between getting doubled and not. Four points that can determine whether or not you can double. You get the idea.

Please, for the love of god, replace it with something else that’s less annoying to work around. The other Seal skills are annoying, but something you ultimately can work around.

Seal Speed is just flat-out irritating.

2 Likes