Fire Emblem Book of Eden v2.2.6 [Updated 01-10-22]

I have a tendency to make mistakes. Still, there’s 13 chapters which is a nice pleasant number.

1 Like

No harm done, I just thought if was important to give a correct answer to avoid confusion!

3 Likes

Great :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Oh okay cool. I dont mean to rush or come off as impatient btw an isekai fire emblem game is kinda intriguing to me so I was just checking the progress. thank you

1 Like

The newest patch has been released, details are in the first post’s description and patch note section. Please read if you have questions regarding certain graphical glitches or whether or not a feature is meant to be in.

Currently looking to expand the BoE team so message me if you’re interested.

4 Likes

Hey Im a let’s player I was wondering if I could talk to you about your hack a bit. I don’t know if you have your discord linked anywhere so here’s mine! JBRChannel#0288

• Magic Split and a paired down skill system

But in the stat screen in the screenshots there is no strenght / magic split or skills, those screenshots are from an old version of the hack?

Yes, the screenshots in the first post are largely from the old version before it was ported to FE8.

2 Likes

looks really interesting, i’ll play it when i finish playing other hacks

1 Like

I know this game is from 2016 but I want to help edit it for my own pleasure only.

Monty’s and Nera’s character palette is kinda bugged so I edited it up.
I’ll show Monty’s palette only because I just started fixing up Nera’s palette.

From this :
BookOfEden_1615628181931

To this :
BookOfEden_1615628814748

UPDATE :
Here’s Nera’s new character palette but I have to change her portrait because the old portrait doesn’t suit with her class as a Cleric. That portrait belongs to Levin’s sprites.

BookOfEden_1615635561218

BookOfEden_1615635548905

No. That portrait is not F2U, it belongs exclusively to Faith and Blood project. Please remove it. I don’t accept no as an answer.

Anyways, iirc Nera’s portrait is still a placeholder. If you don’t mind you can wait for Nera’s new sprite, or else stick with the current placeholder instead.
If you also don’t mind, you can send the palette to @Rickochet since you fixed Nera’s and Monty’s battle sprites.

7 Likes

You shouldn’t edit someone else’s work without their authorization. For your own pleasure, why not, but then abstain yourself from sharing it publicly like it’s an “improved” version. The game is still a work in progress and palettes aren’t a priority. Gameplay comes first, graphics can always be changed later.

9 Likes

Here is the newest update, many of the bugs and glitches from the previous such as the ruin event crashing in ch.8x or the village bug in ch.8 is fixed. Chapter 8xx is now a fully functioning chapter. Everything from experience gains to unit placements and map flows have been tweaked and rebalanced to the intended experience. This release, 2.1.0, will serve as an official public beta testing/release so I can hopefully get more of you to test and give feedback.

I decided that the best way for me to proceed to completion is to work on the major items such as eventing, world map events, and map creation first and other things such as supports, battle palettes, and item icons will come later. If I waited until I finish everything in a certain section, I will never release anything in a timely fashion(when it comes to rom hacking anyways). Still a ways to go but its been so long already and I don’t want to delay any longer.

I have updated the first post with some new screenshots to reflect the new direction of the hack. The previous screenshots was from the old FE7 build.

In the next update, I will do my best to put in supports with the existing characters but no dialogue obviously. Character portraits and items are constantly in flux so I do not want to waste time working on those unless I am certain of any particular character’s writing.

I am looking for more playtesters and help in general so if you’re interested, feel free to message me on discord Rickochet# 5097. Even small things such as a battle palette here or a few item icons there will help greatly. And please let me know what you think, I look forward to hearing about your playthroughs to better this hack!

7 Likes

In Chapter 4, I suggest giving this to Rex after the chapter starts and not during the prelude of the chapter. unless you can manage to for it not to be given again by just restarting the chapter.

I also suggest making the 3 druids in that 1 room wait 1 more turn before doing anything.

is crusader suppose to have such low caps?

1 Like

Didn’t realize items given during the prelude does that, I added a new event chain to combine both mervin’s and rex’s events. And also changed the crusader stat caps. Thanks for letting me know! Did a quick check and everything seems to be in working order.

Patch updated.

Just curious, did you send all your units left, right, or split for chapter 4?

2 Likes

I went split. took me a couple of tries to reach arrive. its pretty difficult with 3 druids right behind me.

I sent Mervin, Geoffery, Tolten, Nera, Thea right while the others went left.

???

Oh I remember testing somethings with that door, guess I forgot to revert it back to normal, fixed and patch has been updated!

1 Like

I’m trying this right now and wait for my response within 24 or 48 hours. I’m always intrigued to try a new mods.
DISCLAIMER: I’m going to be really objective in every single details, so I sound really mean or bitchy sometimes, so I’m so sorry for that in advance.

right of the bat, is this not done yet or intentional?

and these two has broken pallete i guess

I wish I can go further but this is as far as I can go. This chapter is bugged. Our unit placed in the same tile as the enemy, so we can’t do anything. We can’t command our unit or move them away before the battle begins.

Yes we can skip a turn to let the enemy move out, but i will lose 4 units straight away by doing that because of the fragile unit is placed on tile with the most harmful enemy unit on it.