Fire Emblem: Aletheia - 14 chapters done

wow, that looks amazing!
I forgot to mention all those custom skills and how neat they were, and looks like you’re going to do more “custom” things, really, keep up the amazing work!

also talking about the thieves, I had actually forgotten that they had 6 MOV in vanilla, yes, I am such a dumbass

either way, I’m really hyped for Aletheia’s FEE3 presentation!

2 Likes

Dang. This kind of mechanic involving Provoke Staff and Bombardment would change a lot to the FE Community.

Is the boss in chapter two supposed to kill himself by healing, because that happened?

That bug aside this game is pretty fun so far.

Yeah that’s the bug with the gem weapons. It’s fixed in the next patch. I can also say that I just finished the FEE3 showcase for Aletheia, so I hope I’ll see you all there!

2 Likes

Hi! , your hack rom looks amazing and I was surprised that you could use the rewarp effect, I have just started using febuilder and I would like a lot to know how to use it, could you tell me how you did to implement it in your hackroom? I would greatly appreciate it :,3

I wrote the rewarp ASM code from scratch. If you want to use rewarp, I recommend looking here:

1 Like

Ayo homie wit da new hack pog

It has been a very, very, very long time, but I’m happy to say that the new update for Aletheia is complete (special thanks to @RandomWizard for helping with text formatting, this wouldn’t be possible without them)! I apologize for it taking so long, my motivation is fickle, and I’ve rewritten and reworked a ton of the earlier chapters/script. I can’t promise I’ll work any faster, but for now, here it is. Quick summary of what’s in this update:

• Game is complete through chapter 14, with 1 gaiden, and 2 non-combat interludes, with the first two arcs complete. First arc has seen major writing changes and new characters added.

Some screenshots:

Feedback is welcome both here and in the discord (linked in first post), and the updated download link is in the OP as well! The game is designed around hard mode, but feel free to play on easy/normal. I hope you all enjoy!

30 Likes

Congrats for the new update ! Whenever I have some times, I will be sure to try it ! :smile:

Just finished the demo on Hard, pretty swell. Everyone felt like they had a purpose and the story itself had some neat twists (not the Sage lady being evil, that was pretty obvious already). Maybe a little too wordy, particularly Seruni’s nightmares and Theo rambling, but nothing really worth note.
In terms of gameplay i really enjoyed the different objectives, none of them really got boring, and the anti turtle was well placed and generally in maps where they actually made sense. Also loved the attention to detail when it came to certain conversations or random map events, in particular, Abigail against the ballistician boss in chapter 12 was really funny, a bit sad they dont have an actual conversation (even if you push her into range), but the fact he has an alt death quote if she lands the last blow and also has a line if he survives her attack were hilarious.
I did spot a couple glitches beyond the more game breaking ones i mentioned on Discord though.

Romeo being able to steal from allies seems like a glitch, as fun as it is. He is also able to steal from enemies when the inventory is full, causing the item to disappear entirely (doesnt go to convoy).

Fabian’s Titan promotion can only go up to level 2, and the Iron Sword does not have a ranged animation.

Restore sometimes refuses to work.

Michelle’s personal skill only works during Player Phase.

Brigand hand axe being dodged by a myrmidon sometimes freezes up.

Chapter 12 siege is sometimes inconsistent with the displayed tile, had units getting hit even when they werent on it, or even adjacent at all.

For more directly gameplay related things, the armorslayer mercenary being placed near Tiche’s spawn was definetly awkward since he one rounds her with little effort, plus i think level 5 is way too little for this part of the game. Tabitha felt a little underpowered, since she always seems to just barely miss a specific benchmark. I think something simple like a +1 on stats or a small growth boost would go a long way. Also, Zoey and Abigail are awesome.
I actually missed the gaiden due to not bothering to kill the boss, which did hurt but i quite like how the game was still fair despite losing such useful tools even on Hard Mode.

Definetly looking forward to the rest of the project! A shame the demo ends right when promotion items start to become common (though Chapter 14 not having one definetly felt strange), but theres plenty of options anyway to have more than enough fun.

Wemble best boy.

5 Likes

So it’s been a while, I figure I ought to make an update to coincide with the FEE3 showcase (big thanks to Bopper for doing that, check it out if you haven’t already). So what’s the state of progress?

Well, uh. There hasn’t been any, since the last release, basically. Most of my hacking time these last few months have been spent either on Bells of Byelen or Iron Emblem Gaiden, the side project I started because I’m addicted to side projects, or one more collab project that y’all will see at FEE3 in a bit. What that means is that it’ll probably still be some time until I return to Aletheia, since I’d like to get some of these other things wrapped before coming back. Also there was the part where I realized I was a woman. That sure did happen.

But rest assured, I haven’t forgotten about this project. I can’t, really. I think about the story and characters almost daily, and I still write down notes for plot details or revisions I want to make every so often. I’ve also pretty much given up on any timing I want to hit for having this done, which helps motivate me, in a way. Because I know I won’t give up on this even if I stop working on it for half a year, I know someday I will reach that finish line. It is a little frustrating for me right now because the next arc is some stuff I’ve been wanting to get to for a long time, but I suppose that’s the carrot on my stick.

Thanks to everyone who’s played so far, for being patient with my inability to stick to one thing at a time, and for praising the hack/inflating my ego. Really, y’all are the best.

23 Likes

I’ve just played through the current release on haed. I just want to say that you’ve knocked it out of the park on map design, characters and story.

Hope you feel motivated to continue to the next release in due time, but it’s a delightful little world that you’ve created.

1 Like

Is this Hack still being worked on?

Currently working on other things, but this project hasn’t been forgotten.

4 Likes

Excited to hear that, this is a really great game your making.

I finally jumped back on this hack, I was playing on NoGBA and ended up with it crashing during the cutscene in Chapter 13. I have really enjoyed the characters and the plot so far. I think the development for our main lord is really good and the situation there in is an neat one. I think giving the current baddies goal is a really fun one with I am also getting some good Toxic Yuri vibes form her and the princess. The difficulty feels nice, normally I feel like rom hacks are a little too hard for me but this felt like just a bit harder then a standard FE game. I think the maps are good, I don’t like dismount at all but like that is just a difference, nothing to change there, I think it’s ultimately totally fine to deal with. I don’t think supports are in the game yet or I haven’t seen them but I enjoyed what interactions we do get between party members between chapters.

I look forward to more in the future whenever you grace us with more.

3 Likes

Thanks for playing, I’m glad you enjoyed it! If you have more details on the crash I’d like to hear it- I don’t recall hearing about an issue there.

I’m glad to report now that with Tales of Kotor having been completed, my time is now free to come back to this! It’s been a long time coming, haha. I’m super excited to get back to developing this, although it may take some time and I’m pretty confident the next version will not be compatible with old savefiles, as I will be porting the project to buildfiles (wish me luck?)

Thanks to everyone who’s followed this project over the last…4 years… and I hope I’ll have something new to show y’all soon!

9 Likes

It’s happens right after this conversation
It bugs out here

but like there is gonna be a whole new build so I guess it won’t be relevant anyway XD

Fire Emblem - Aletheia (Demo)_1710724739732
Fire Emblem - Aletheia (Demo)_1710724736243

I just think that description is innacurate for everyone except Serini.

2 Likes

The skill that prevents Abigail from destroying bosses, “Keen Intuition,” is nice, but it also prevents Zoey and Tyn (with Saunion) from being able to outrange them with their weapons, which I feel like defeats the purpose of them. The skill should definitely exist, but I just think it needs to have it take effect at 4 range instead of three.

Edit, this post is now irrelevant.