Fire Emblem: Aletheia - 14 chapters done

It’s been quite a while, but chapter 9 has been completed!

6 Likes

On the eve of FEE3, Chapter 10 has been completed, and I think this makes a fitting ending for the demo for the presentation. There’s still a couple things I want to add before the final FEE3 version, but for now, enjoy the end of what’s sort of the second major arc!

6 Likes

After playing through the whole demo, I can say that I had a lot of fun with this.

The Good:
Gameplay feels unique, and still challenging despite weak enemies thanks to lower player growths.
Varied objectives
Playable ballistician
Unique music choices
Skills feel meaningful without being bloated
Every playable unit (except one I feel) fulfills a unique role.
Interesting & enjoyable story concept, and I enjoyed Serini as an MC

The Bad:
Tiche feels kinda useless, especially with plenty of useful units filling my slots, including fellow armor Kalcass
I’m not sure how to feel about Ch 10’s brave Short Bows tbh

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I’ve got a new version of the hack, just in time for FEE3 (many thanks to TDAWS for playing it. Download is in the OP, as always.

The FEE3 showcase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMpsv1h_cbY

Now for the hack itself, no new chapters in this version, but there are new portraits and polishing!

I have been actively working on the project, here’s a new custom skill that’ll appear on a playable in the future:

As well as a story scene without context:

Till next time!

11 Likes

Looking forward to watching this now.

Belated happy birthday for Aletheia! I’ve been a bit sidetracked lately, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have stuff to show off!
First, thanks to Zaim/Zmr for a phenomenal new portrait for Serini:
Serini-2
And here’s the latest I’ve been working on:

20 Likes

I seem to remember the map theme being different…

The earthquake eclipse spell(?) is pretty heckin’ epic, if I do say so myself!

Sometimes you just gotta run. On rooftops.

1 Like

teehee slightly-short brigands

Also giving the player access to something akin to Upheaval or the Geosphere is really neat! That was a nifty little tool the player was given in the Archanea games that I felt the series could’ve potentially done more with, so it’s neat to see your hack including a variation on the concept!

1 Like

Serini is cute lol now more people will play hack yessss maffs

6 Likes

uwu hackrom girl

5 Likes

Holiday Update!

Aletheia is now on Emblemier Patch-up:

Also, a new sort of feature I and a few others have done some work for:

Generics Portraits

Oswin_7
generic_archer-2
generic_wyvern_rider_credit_gabrielknight (1)
generic_merc_credit_gamma
generic_sm_credit_der_2

Currently almost all the portraits for unpromoted classes have been completed, so look forward to that!

13 Likes

So far, I’ve been really liking this, but here are a few things:

Do thieves having 6 mov really enhance gameplay in any way, shape or form? I’d say it’s more annoying than anything;

The emerald/ruby weapons don’t work right, they don’t jump to battle animations and instead use map fighting animations with a healing effect.
Also when an enemy with ruby/emerald weaponry attacks you and dies, they don’t give EXP;

I don’t think that the use of () in dialogues is a wise choice, fe8 never uses them, iirc, and what is said inside them can be simply said without the parenthesis;

Last thing, I LOVE the low growths, makes you feel like you’re playing Fe1/2, but I think the MC should have a bit higher growths, since you’ll be forced to always use her.

Either way, I’m loving this so far, the portraits could use some touch-ups, but nothing too bad, keep up the good work!

1 Like

Wow it’s been a while, huh.

Thieves having 6 move is how it is in vanilla. I didn’t really see a need to change that, and the extra base move helps with getting them to chests/doors faster, and Romeo’s canto+ lets him use it to hit and run better.

That bug with the gem weapons has been fixed, but I haven’t made a new patch because I want to have the current arc to be finished (hopefully by FEE3) before new release.

The () is meant to represent thoughts that are not said out loud; having them be said without parenthesis would be confusing since other characters would not react to the dialogue, but I think I can use a different way to indicate these with text engine rework.

The somewhat lower growths was an initial design choice I wanted to stick to, originally I wanted TRS-tier earlygame growths, but it’s a bit closer to GBA standard now. I swore that if I ever felt that Serini should get higher than 25% str, I’d nerf the rest of the game instead. I think her ridiculous base speed + personal skill, good magic + access to magic swords, and practically having a monopoly on flight for much of the game, will always make her useful. I have a couple ideas for things she can do after promo also.

I’m not an artist (nor have I put in the effort to become one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ), so the spliced portraits being improvable is natural to me. If anyone wants to do improvements, I am totally open to that.

I’m very glad you’re enjoying the game. As I mentioned, I’m hoping to have a new release by FEE3. Here’s a couple previews of stuff I’ve been working on in the interim:

12 Likes

wow, that looks amazing!
I forgot to mention all those custom skills and how neat they were, and looks like you’re going to do more “custom” things, really, keep up the amazing work!

also talking about the thieves, I had actually forgotten that they had 6 MOV in vanilla, yes, I am such a dumbass

either way, I’m really hyped for Aletheia’s FEE3 presentation!

2 Likes

Dang. This kind of mechanic involving Provoke Staff and Bombardment would change a lot to the FE Community.

Is the boss in chapter two supposed to kill himself by healing, because that happened?

That bug aside this game is pretty fun so far.

Yeah that’s the bug with the gem weapons. It’s fixed in the next patch. I can also say that I just finished the FEE3 showcase for Aletheia, so I hope I’ll see you all there!

2 Likes

Hi! , your hack rom looks amazing and I was surprised that you could use the rewarp effect, I have just started using febuilder and I would like a lot to know how to use it, could you tell me how you did to implement it in your hackroom? I would greatly appreciate it :,3

I wrote the rewarp ASM code from scratch. If you want to use rewarp, I recommend looking here:

1 Like