Fire emblem 8 Main "remake"

Hello everyone, I open a topic to post a mini hackrom of Fire emblem 8 and that you can tell me the bugs I may have as I have not finished checking what I have done. By the way this one is still in WIP

Mod edit:
Do not post roms.

1 Like

I give credit to all the creators of the assets that I used for this patch, I don’t know the names but I want you to know that you are the ones who have the credit for this, thank you very much.

Cannot access the file in the link.

I think I fixed it, check

Read the rules.

Ok in a few hours I will release a patch for fire emblem 8, since you can’t pass directly to romhack just because yes or by issues related to nintendo “I fuck everyone who makes hacks of our games”. I have spent hours making this patch and if or if I want people to try it and tell me about the bugs, remember this is still in WIP.

Well, in the case of posting ROMs, it’s not really because Nintendo hates ROM hackers (Not to say they don’t dislike the hacking scene). The reason it’s illegal to distribute ROMs without official permission from the creator of the game is because it’s copyrighted material.

(You probably already know this, I’m just making it very clear)

@FelixRay do not make duplicate topics

It’s also in the forum rules, which in the case of content posted on the forum, is enough of an explanation.

ok thanks for the info

In the future you should probably take the time to actually write up a proper credits list.

I know but as I was tired of doing and putting everything correctly, I didn’t have time and desire to look for the name of the creators, but I’m sure that some of them were probably from Nuramon, Greentea and others that I don’t know or don’t have a name.

Pro tip: do your best to add to your credits as you’re adding assets. It helps you keep track, and you’ll have a list that you can post along with your patch.

Of course if you miss anything people are very likely to inform you (Especially if said assets are not free to use without permission).

1 Like

I found everything in the emblem anims so I don’t know if they are there, they will be for use, right?

Instead of giving excuses as to why you didn’t give proper credit, just go put in the time now to do so. This is not a difficult task, especially when you just stated you found them on Emblem Anims (oudated at this point), which lists the credits literally underneath the animation.

2 Likes

Felix is new to the community, so let’s be more gentle, less abrasive.

Felix, you should post a .ups patch for a romhack.

^That topic will teach you how to do so. Distributing roms is illegal, so we don’t do that here.

As for credits, you should create a credits file as you make the rom. If you import assets from the Repo, just list the name of the animation and who created it. Pretty simple.

And finally, the original post is a bit barebones. This means that you did not include screenshots or anything, so people aren’t going to be very interested in playing it. We don’t know what the project is about, what you changed, or basically anything interesting to get us excited.

As a new project creator, you’re going to make hiccups, and that’s fine, but please do try to learn how the community works, because we are all friends here and just trying to enjoy the same hobby.

9 Likes

Dude, I come with the best intention of wanting to publish my patch and I just said that I give credit to the creators but now I do not have the time or patience to be one by one looking for the name, since I spent hours of trial and error trying to make this patch the best I could not ask me more. I understand that distributing roms was illegal and I added it but crazy for anything you throw me down if I’m going to give the fucking credits to people, just because you’re a mod doesn’t give you the right to fuck with me with whatever you want bro. And from the beginning I knew what the credits are underneath I’m not that useless.

3 Likes

in that you are right but I repeat I haven’t had time literally just want to spend my own patch to rest to do it and see if everything is correct and then make the correct captures, if I will do it but bro do not push me more than what I already do it myself. And its a fucking WORK IN PROGRESS come on give me a breath

1 Like

Nope.

2 Likes