PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE SMALL POST BEFORE SUGGESTING SOMETHING
I recently played around a bit with Blazer’s FE11 Nightmare modules and Armadillo8’s updates to some of those modules and figured out how to properly use them.
I’ve never really seen a Shadow Dragon PME before and since its my favorite game i decided why not ask you guys. Since its just nightmare i obviously can’t edit everything, or even just GBA levels of editing, but what can be easily changed is:
- Characters, including their bases, growth rates, and weapon levels The max personal growth rate amount is 128%
- Classes, including bases, growths, promotions, and adding the Soldier class from the prologue
- Reclass sets, can’t have more than 10 or so classes in one reclass set iirc, although you can have more than the 6 vanilla class sets, and a class can only be in one class set
- Items, including their stats aswell as effectiveness and effects like Brave effect or door opening
- Chapter editor, so changing units allegiance, changing unit position via coordinates, and so on
- An assignable special bonus, either hit and/or crit bonus from 5-15%, thief’s unlock ability, or both, assignable to both characters and classes.
- Class Types, for example making mages weak to Ridersbane by counting them as mounted.
- Class Movement types, so you could have ballistas which fly like pegasi.
- Class EXP boost, giving classes more EXP by giving them the thief’s exp boost tag
- What Class promotes into what, no split promotions unfortunately.
- Boss data aswell as the data of all generics with the exception of generics.
- Enemy Class growths, these are the growths enemies use to level, and could be increased to increase the difficulty.
- Weapon types useable by classes, i may even be able to assign them animations from other classes.
- Portrait swapping
Please keep in mind the character’s personal bases and growths get added onto their classes bases and growths, and that reclass is a possibility. So be exact with whether you mean Personal stats or Final stats in their default/changed class
Go ham with edits that are inside those limitations, let’s make it as crazy as possible while still trying to make it somewhat of a challange. I’ll try playing it on Hard5 Ironman after its done and will be making the hack available via xDelta patching.
I don’t know how many people we’ll actually get here, so for now I’ll say 2 edits per person per day, so you can, for example, submit 2 on the first day, and another 2 on the second day for a total of 4. But this may be changed.
Submitting your friends’ edits works too, as long as they’re fine with it, and you mention it in the message. I’ll be keeping track of all the changes in a text file.
It is now day 2, so everyone who previously submitted changes can now submit 2 changes again
Here is a link to the File where you can see all the changes done. Still being developed obviously.
All Unit Edits so far, outdated, just check the doc:
- Marth: Is a Soldier with his FE12 Growths and has a Wing Spear instead of a Rapier. His Caps are also set to 30.
- Shiida: Swapped with Minerva, although she becomes a lvl1 Draco. Anyone previously recruited by Shiida is now recruited by Minerva
- Jagen: Is a Horseman with his FE1 growths, and the changed personal bases (3HP, 3SKL, 2SPD, 7LCK, 2DEF).
- Wrys: Is a Swordmaster with slightly improved personal bases (+2HP, +1STR,+1MAG, +3SPD, +3RES)
- Ogma: Is a Freelancer/Chameleon with the final growths: (60%HP, 30% everything else)
- Cord: Is a Dark Mage with a final Magic Growth of 40, and a final Magic base of 4
- Bord: Is a Marth Lord with his FE12 personal growths, except Luck and Magic, which is switched.
- Wolf: Is an Earth Dragon with the final growths: (60HP, 50STR, 0 MAG, 80SKL, 80SPD, 30LCK, 50DEF, 30RES) but he keeps wolf’s bases and is now level 1
- Bantu: is now a Berserker with FE7 Fargus’ Normal Mode Bases
- Minerva: Is swapped with Shiida, but is now a Lvl1 Pegasus Knight. Anyone previously recruited by Shiida is now recruited by Minerva
- Linde: Has her Final MAG, SPD, SKL, LCK, and RES at 15, with Final growths being at 60 for those stast. However she has only 1 Final HP and 0 Final DEF, and 0% final growth in both
- Dolph: Now has the Personal Stats: (10HP, 15LCK, 9DEF, 9RES) and personal growths: (100HP, 70LCK, 60DEF, 50RES) and B lances. But also gets -3STR, -2SKL, and -5 to all non mentioned growths.
- Astram: Is a Warrior with FE6 Bartre’s Final Bases and Growths aswell as a Brave axe and Poleaxe
- Est: Has 200 personal growths but 1 in all personal bases except HP
- Gotoh: Can now wield the Hammerne instead of Lena