Final Fantasy Tactics Demake?

One of my favorite games of all time is Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions for the PSP. After giving it a recent playthrough, I thought that I could make it fit into the FE8 engine. In general, what do you think about this? Do you feel excited, or do you think it’s not worth it?

3 Likes

Yes. In fact, I am actually planning on a project that uses many systems similar to what are used in Final Fantasy Tactics, although it will be a while before work on that project begins. In that case, yeah maybe you can get a lot done with a possible demake.

1 Like

I don’t even go here but @RandomWizard sent me a link to this thread since the two of us had discussed a FFT/FE fangame a number of times. And the idea is super viable! FFT fits really well into a Fire Emblem sized hole. Ramza as the main Lord with Delita as a secondary one possibly, both with their own healer sidekick who is either their little sister or a young noblewoman, as per FE tradition. Lavian and Alicia as your two cavaliers. Reis Duelar as a manakete. Et cetera. The only issue would be there’s no chocobo cavalier animation, or Lucavi, lol

We’d talked about how a Three Houses-esque class system might work better than the GBA ones, since FFT makes it so some classes are easier to unlock than others but most of them are pretty solid throughout the entire game (knights, archers, black and white mages, MONKS). No idea how one would implement though ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, I’d worked on some design-y things, though I have zero skill with those pixelated faces so they are only dress-up versions of preexisting mugshots with different hair and clothes (well, mostly just the hair, bc I didn’t finish any!) But I’ll throw ‘em up here anyway

How to fit black mage hats inside the box idk

2 Likes

thanks! I think I’ll start on it soon, I just need to sort some things out.

1 Like