SPLICE - FEU Splice Competition: Round 13 ~Mob Boss~

faun entry
A female faun of sorts, holding a flute in her hooves. Don’t ask me how she does it, fauns are magic.

Summary

Her flute was made using Anna’s collar, her markings were from Anna’s bangs. The fur on her shoulder is from Bones’ cape and her hooves are from Anna’s fingers. Ponytail belongs to Anna’s bangs. I can’t remember where the nose comes from, but it was definitely a piece of the mugs.

7 Likes

Y’all are thinking too small. Why love nature…

when you can be nature?
Tree Complete
Yes, I made a tree. There’s also a version with a face!
Treant Complete
Both versions will be free to use/edit (with credit) once submissions close.

WIP

Both the eyes and beard/mouth are from Arcardo; I added them after doing palette cleanup.

21 Likes

We already have a Pokémon crossover. Now it’s time for a Zelda crossover with that Deku Tree.

2 Likes

I can’t lie, this has converted me into a shameless tree hugger.

1 Like

I’ve realized I generally tend to sprite old men in these comps, so this time I decided to sprite something a bit more… spritely:
Spritely Sprite transparent

Bits, pieces, and words:

Spritely Sprite wip
The wings and butterfly are from Arcards armor. I briefly tried making some intricate pattern on the wings with his armor trim, but
thought that would look too messy I’m lazy. I think the texture of his onion looking clothes worked well enough. The rest is pretty much just Anna. Only used Leila’s eye/little bit of hair, and a bit of Bone’s cloth + his stubble as the fairy dust under the butterfly (which doesn’t show well on the green background). I wonder if you can guess which two mugs I chose for this round…

I didn’t make frames since the wings break the hackbox.

22 Likes

I was thinking of adding a lot of the mugs posted here to the repo. I would do so according to the answers people gave regarding their content, any explicit statements made in their past posts in the sprite comp topic, and so on.

There are a lot of people who’ve posted here but who haven’t voted in the poll to make their positions clear. If any of you wouldn’t mind having your sprite comp submissions added to the repo, please let me know by voting in the linked poll!

I’ll tag anyone who hasn’t yet voted in the poll. (If I tag someone who has, just ignore the ping. I might overlook some names among the 100 listed)
@JiroPaiPai @knabepicer @Smokeyguy77 @Valak @Zarg @Raymond @Autonima @DrewHak @SeaLion @CanDy

Only a few people in this topic (not necessarily included in the pings above) mentioned the usage status of their specific sprites, so for anyone listed, voting in the poll and maybe even editing in F2U/F2U/Not-either into your posts would be helpful.

A few others also voted for fairly ambiguous options, so I’m not certain what their positions are on the sprites posted in this topic.

Either way, any clarification would help!

2 Likes

I’ve only ever done one mug for these competitions but whatever I’ve posted in them in the past and may post in the future will always be F2E/U without any permission required from me.

1 Like

I voted in that thread but my stance will always be that my works are F2U and F2E

2 Likes

Oh I didn’t add the splice comp stuff to my thread oops

But yeah it’s all f2u/e

2 Likes

Yup, everything I do for splice comps is f2u/f2e, added that to my comment on the other thread.

3 Likes

Basic forest shaman type

wip

17 Likes

The mugs submitted so far are great but the last few are easily my favorites. Very imaginative use of the parts at your disposal.

4 Likes

Hello peeps! It’s Valentine’s Day, and you know what it means!

SPLICE COMPETITION ROUND 10
Optional Theme: Signature Headgear on Your Valentine’s Date

DEADLINE: 2021-03-01T16:59:00Z

PLEASE REVIEW THE RULES IF NECESSARY.
Any further questions or concerns can be PMed to the current host! (Levin) or posted either in the feedback thread or within this thread itself.

NEW RULE FOR THIS ROUND
Since we have two potential themes to vote on, Signature Headgear and Valentine’s Date / Valentine’s Day Theme will have separate votes later, yet the mug has to qualify for the first theme to be voted on the second!

Good luck and let’s get spriting and splicing!

5 Likes

frames3

I don’t do mugs a lot for reasons that should be obvious but that chest plate was begging to be taken Siriusly.

Started something like this

wip

16 Likes

Many bloody and tragic events occurred on Valentine’s day,
And some of them are still unresolved.

Right this way officer
This call for a detective

WIP

Right this way officer WIP

15 Likes

Ugh, not super happy with this one. Still, we’re right at the deadline, and I don’t want to do more.
Free to use and edit. Unfortunately, I don’t have the WIP saved.

4 Likes

valentine
twink in a hat

WIP

imageimage

5 Likes

Once again… a thread rises from the ashes!
ITS THE FIRE EMBLEM UNIVERSE: SPLICE COMPETITION!

Lets make let the risen and get moving peoples!

-OUR CURRENT ROUND-
ROUND 11
SpliceCompEchoes1
Theme:Sinister Ruler

DEADLINE: Saturday, April 30th May 7th at 11:59pm PST.

PLEASE REVIEW THE RULES IF NECESSARY.
Any further questions or concerns can be PMed to the current host! (Shep) or posted either in the feedback thread or within this thread itself.

Hope you all enjoy and have some fun! Lets get spriting! :smiley:

BASE RULES:

• Only 1 entry per contestant.
  • No voting for your own entry!
  • Entries should be limited to 16 colors. (15 colors+ 1 background color)
    This is more of a guideline, but good to follow for style and challenge reasons. Colors may be custom or using GBA sprite palletes.
  • No posting previous/old works!
    This means no edits/recolors of something previously made as well.
    -allowing previous/old works would give an unfair advantage to certain entries, two weeks is a good amount of time to work on an entry… how fair would it be to have to go up against something someone spent months or even a year on?
    -creating brand new works, encourages creativity and artistic growth and development, kinda what the whole art forums are about… isn’t it?
  • Hosts may participate in the competitions.

SPLICING SPECIFIC RULES:

• The theme is optional. You are not required to stick to the theme provided.
  • MANDATORY: only splice from the mugs provided. You are not required to use pieces from all 4 provided, as 2/4, 3/4, even 1/4 is fine.
  • No large “full custom” (made from scratch) areas, parts, or pieces. The final result should be made of and identifiable to areas from the source mugs. If you feel like your entry may be considered “questionable” to others, you are allowed to post work-in-progress screenshots or other visual proof of your process.*
    (kudos to Lenh for rules description in this area)

VOTING:

• Voting will be split into two categories.
    -Best in Theme
    -Best Overall Sprite
  • Voting will run for 3 days
    If there are a large amount of entries, Best in Theme may be divided into smaller categories based on whether an entry is custom, splice, or for battle sprite animation.

WINNERS:
Winning placement will be decided by total number of votes across categories.

• The winner gets to choose two potential themes either from a list or of their own imagination.
  • The winner and runner ups will vote upon the themes to select one.
  • Third place gets one vote.
  • Second place gets two votes.
  • The winner gets the final two votes in addition to theme selection.
  • Whichever theme wins will be used for the next competition.
    Note, votes can be split, if you have two votes they do NOT need to go to the same theme.

The purpose of these friendly competitions is for artistic development but also to help develop more resources for later projects… there is no monetary prize here, but I hope you all enjoy participating and winning those sweet bragging rights!

4 Likes

some submissions sent already

13 Likes

More submissions:

13 Likes