[FE9] Character Editor and Randomizer [v1.3.2]

Ah, I was getting that error then. I was expecting an error at the end of the command prompt. This is what my error states too,

And this is the About window for my version of Dolphin

Something else I noticed is the first randomization, Ike was rolled to be a Heron class and had Chant. Every roll after that, no matter what class he rolled into, his skill was still Chant. This was for him being rerolled each attempt into a Myrimidon, a Fighter, a Dragon Knight, and a Cat Laguz, from the ones I saw. Each time I made sure to reclick the boxes for full stat buffs and all four check boxes for randomization.

Skill randomization seems to be doing that to me, too. With skill randomization activated, units will either keep their vanilla skills are have it replaced by Chant. This didnā€™t seem to occur much in the earlier versions of the randomizer, but in the newer one, a disproportionate amount of units got it despite not even being Herons.

I tried using 4.0, and before the opening movie, it crashed. With 5.0, I get an error message, and then I have to close (I tried to press the X button several times, because other times with other errors doing this would just skip it and then work just fine, but this was not the case).

When i made a check to prevent the skill randomization from taking away Chant from Herons and Lockpick from Theives, i accidentally reversed it so these are the only ones that can be randomized.

1 Like

tfw after a couple tries it finally worksā€¦

ā€¦And Iā€™m stuck with cleric Ike so I couldnā€™t complete the prologue.

Now itā€™s not working and I get an error either before the opening cutscene or before the prologue. Iā€™ll try again after a computer restart as suggested.

I love this job, i enjoyed a lot playing this.

The issue is, that you canĀ“t level down characters like Gatrie or Kieran, even if you whanna make them pre-promoted or laguz, their starter level is always 5 and 12 or higher, i didnt noticed another character with this issue maybe because didnt try it.

So could you like, I dunno, fix the system.cmp error everyone is having? Because cmd is still throwing errors because your program tries to double access that file (thus getting denied access when the 2nd attempt happens), and whatever comes out of the program when that happens always turns into a faulty ROM that dies before the press start screen, presumably because whatever alterations that needed to be made to system.cmp so the ROM doesnā€™t break arenā€™t made since it canā€™t open that file since itā€™s already open.

This weekend.

1 Like

There, 1.2.

• The system.cmp simultaneous access issue should be fixed now.
  • Skill randomizing, fixed the main bug, might be some bugs hiding under it still, idk.
  • Ike canā€™t become classes that canā€™t fight.
1 Like

Found a new ā€œbugā€ (quotes because this seems to be more of a quirk with the game than a bug):

If Ike has any other starting skill besides ā€œProtagonistā€, he canā€™t seize. Thankfully, the first seize map is very early in the game, so this was caught quickly and easily.

Did the skill randomizer remove it, or did you?
I marked skills you probably shouldnā€™t mess with in bold in the editor.

I didnā€™t do anything in the editor aside from the usual randomizing. Ike got the Renewal skill from the randomizer, which I assume replaced his Protagonist skill. I had to use the editor itself to change it back.

I was wonderingā€¦how is Ikeā€™s promotion handled? What if I promote him in advance (my
Ike is a Pegasus Knight) or he is a laguz?
I donā€™t know if I should promote him or not.

The promotion stop is class based, but i already removed that. That is a change i forgot to put on the changelog.
Edit: Oh wait, this is about the story promotion. That one skips itself if it canā€™t promote him. Same for Volke.

Ok, thank you.
Yeah sorry, my question was not so clear.

Can we get a quick 1.2.2 patch to make sure ikeā€™s skill is always protagonist so you can beat chapter 1?

Going through this randomizer outside of the Protagonist skill replacement, the only problems Iā€™ve encountered had been just weird model issues, which is to be expected.

However, I recently got to Chapter 13, where you re-recruit Gatrie. My Gatrie ended up randomizing into Tibarnā€™s class Hawk King, and when he initially popped up in Chapter 3 he had his Beak weapon like normal. Somewhere along the way, after leaving, removed his Beak weapon entirely and replaced it with a Steel Lance, and heā€™s completely unable to attack. He can still transform and everything as heā€™s still the same Hawk King class, but no Beak. The character editor within the randomizer seems to only effect starting inventories so nothing I change makes any difference.

Is there a way to edit the save directly to put his the Beak back into his inventory? If not, thats a shame, but either way this is a heads up for further fixes for anyone working on this that Gatrie has some issues if he ends up randomized as a Laguz, as Iā€™m assuming this would happen to any of the other Laguz classes.

So I have a question about using the Ragnel. Is it locked to Ike? Like my Ike turned out to be a soilder. Is he still gonna be able to use it somehow, or do I have to use the ranger/Lord class? And of itā€™s the case that only the Ranger/Lord class can use it, is it possible to beat the black Knight?

He doesnā€™t need to be a Ranger/Lord, he just needs sword access to use them. Weapon locks still require the type of weapon to be usable by the class.

Ok thanks. But like I said my Ike got turned into a Soilder. So does that mean I wonā€™t be able to fight the black Knight?