[FE8JP] 2 Princesses English Translation Hard 3 Update (Bug Fix)

Introduction
Hey guys it’s Pollen and welcome to my Translation Project of Fire Emblem – The 2 Princesses. This was a hack made by レイファ(Rayfa) of the Jp Hacking Community. I absolutely loved this hack for a lot of reasons and after taking the permission from the creator, I decided to translate this romhack ^^.

2 Princesses Novice Mode-0

Summary

Set 2500 years after the plot of Radiant Dawn, the story follows the Princess Aria of the Daein Kingdom and Aurora in hopes to save Princess Lilly who has been corrupted by the Negative Goddess Asthennu while meeting new companion and finding legendary weapons which might came from other continent.

In summary, the plot of this game greatly inspired by other Fe titles such as Fe8 and Fe10 with plot points from those 2 games.

Features
  • Refuge : units can take refuge (rescued) to other units and still retain their movement after being dropped.

• Skills : Most of the skills took inspiration from other fe titles such as Awakening, Radiant Dawn, Echoes, and Heroes with some tweaks. In addition skill scroll that can add skills to your units liking.

• Enemy Range Shortcut : double select the enemy that you want to see the range of (there will be an arrow indicating that it’s tagged) and press B button on the map to see their attack range. To remove it, select the enemy, then press B. (kinda like Path of Radiance)

• Base : Every few chapter, you will go to “base” chapter (a la fe4) where you can buy stuff, go to grinding area, or even removing your supports. Proceed to the next chapter by seizing the top fort with the lord.

• QoL Stuffs like Health Bar, Enemy Range, Guide, and 50 stats cap.

• Capture mechanic : Capturing works by attacking enemy till their hp is low and just rescue them.

*30 level cap and 3rd tier promo

• 45+ playable map w/ route splits including gaiden

*Shields and the addition of Platinum Weapon

Progress & Plans

Finished

• Unit Names (& desc)
  • Classes (& desc)
  • Items (& desc)
  • Skills (& desc)
  • UI Commands
  • Guides
  • All Story Dialogue
  • Boss Quotes
  • Death Quotes
  • Song Names

WIP

• Translation & Grammar Errors
  • Ending Screen

Plans Update
Everything should have been translated. Of course there may be some that I did forgot to translate so please let me know and I’ll take a look at it.

Screenshot

Screenshot
Fire Emblem - 2 Princesses 1 Fire Emblem - 2 Princesses 2 Fire Emblem - 2 Princesses 3 Fire Emblem - 2 Princesses 4 WhatsApp Image 2020-06-10 at 09.37.28 (1) WhatsApp Image 2020-06-10 at 09.37.28 (2)
WhatsApp Image 2020-06-10 at 09.37.28

Download
English Patch Latest Bug Fix June 2022 (for FE8JP)
Source

Update 06/08/2022

fixed the broken event on chapter 17
added a new exposition on the guide screen but it’s kinda broken now, I’ll fix it soon.

Update 02/19/2022 (Bug Fix)

The bugs in base chapter after ch. 20 has been fixed.
More items
More Bosses in the late game
Some new portrait made by Kanna

I’ll add the screenshot later

Update 08/10/2021 (Novice Mode & Music Update)

Every. Single. Thing. has been translated fully. The music, story, guide, character description, classes, etc. I’m not doing massive image editing like the main screen. Ahem anyway, there’s a new difficulty added called Novice mode. It’s basically a condensed version of chapter 1 to 18 and only has 9 chapters in total. Of course there’s a character & bosses exclusive to this difficulty. It’s pretty interesting you should check it out. The story is also different too.
2 Princesses Novice Mode-1
2 Princesses Novice Mode-2
2 Princesses Novice Mode-3
2 Princesses Novice Mode-4

As always, there may be some grammatical errors and/or typos here and there. And if you found some, please let me know.

Known Bugs
  • The game broke when trying to see the description of the name or class. This might happen often caused by scrolling the name too fast with the description enabled (R button)
  • Sometimes the game will crash in the turn count counter(?) at the ending screen. I think it’s due to the fact that the ending screen isn’t supported with the English words yet, but I will have another look at it.
  • Sometimes a character is unable to talk and recruit other character. This will make you unable to get said character. This is highly likely presents in the new patch as the old one still capable of doing so.
  • The first chapter of Novice Mode is called final chapter. Nothing too game-breaking but I’m still investigating it.
  • StatusToLocalization Patch removes weapon rank from every weapon. It only shown the rank, not the weapon text.
Character Recruitment Guide

Prologue

• Aria
  • Bertram
  • Damon
  • Billy
  • Gina

Chapter 1

• Boyd
  • Dylan
  • Reika

Chapter 2

• Mary
  • Miles
  • Sabrina
  • Pietro : Visit the village to the northeast

Chapter 3

• Helena : Talk with Pietro

Chapter 3x

• Al : Talk with Aria

Chapter 5

• Neyson : Talk with Mary
  • Nicola

Chapter 6

• Ryel : Visit the village to the north

Chapter 7

• Richard : Visit the village to the northeast
  • Bianca : Visit the village to the northeast

Chapter 8

• Aurora
  • Leia
  • Bran
  • Amalia

Chapter 9

• Mina

Chapter 10 A

• Chloe : Talk with Aria
  • Percy : Talk with Gina
  • Chris : Talk with Aria
  • Suzie : Talk with Aria

Chapter 11 A

• Anna : Talk with Aria
  • Jeff

Chapter 12 A

• Olive : Talk with Aria
  • Horacio : Auto join if Olive was recruited
  • Rodney : Auto join if Olive was recruited
  • Bethany : Join at the end of chapter

Chapter 13 A

• Reyd : Talk with Neyson
  • Pete : Talk with Aria

Chapter 14 A

• Zack : Talk with Aria

Chapter 10 B

• Chloe : Talk with Suzie
  • Chris : Talk with Chloe
  • Suzie : Talk with Aurora
  • Percy : Visit the village to the northeast

Chapter 11 B

• Priccio : Visit the village to the east
  • Bethany : Talk with Aurora

Chapter 12 B

• Noel : Talk with Aurora
  • Reyd : Talk with Neyson

Chapter 13 B

• Olive : Talk with Aurora
  • Horacio : Auto join if Olive was recruited
  • Rodney : Auto join if Olive was recruited

Chapter 14 B

• Dorothea : Talk with Aurora

Chapter 15 A

• Ella
  • Dorothea
  • Noel
  • Aurora

Chapter 15 B

• Aria

Chapter 16

• Jake : Talk with Anna

Chapter 17

• Louis : Visit the village to the northeast

Chapter 18

• Jane : Talk with Mary

Chapter 21

• Osniell : Talk with Aurora

Chapter 22

• Sherry : Talk with Aria

Chapter 31x

• Lilly : Talk with Aria & Aurora on ch 31
Gaiden Chapter Guide (may contain spoiler)
  • 3x : Pietro and Helena are alive by the end of chapter
  • 11x (A) : Clear within 30 turns of chapter 11 (Aria route)
  • 14x (A) : Clear within 35 turns of chapter 14 (Aria route)
  • 10x (B) : Suzie is alive by the end of chapter 10 (Aurora route)
  • 14x (B) : Clear within 20 turns of chapter 14 (Aurora route)
  • 24x : Wait until the 30th turn and then defeat the reinforcement of chapter 24
  • 25x : Defeat the boss of chapter 25 with Aurora ; Aurora & Olive must be alive.
  • 25xx : Clear chapter 25x
  • 31x : In chapter 31, have Aria & Aurora talk to Lilly, and then defeat Lilly with Aria.
  • 31xx : Hard mode only. Have Lilly survive chapter 31x.

Credits
レイファ (The original creator for this hack)
7743 (For FeBuilder)
Google Translate
DeepL
Nasaelo (Image Editing)
Kanna (Portraits)

Suggestion and Feedback will be much appreciated ^^!!

41 Likes

Epic rlly proud of u

2 Likes

Awesome job, wanna know though, is it a full hack?

1 Like

The hack is completed yes. It goes all the way up to it’s final chapter.

4 Likes

Ah okay, ty

1 Like

This patch is under development for one of the branches.
The scenario is still under development.

One route is complete. You can play until the end.
Once cleared, you can play with NewGame+. (You can take over the contents of Supply and start from the beginning.)

For the time being, you should translate the 指南(Shinan).
If you can translate the 指南(Shinan), it will be a great hint to clear the stage.

7 Likes

Really nice to see the translation of a Japanese hack.

Amazing work.

2 Likes

how many chapters does the hack have?

1 Like

about 30 chapters.
(The other route is still under development, but I think it will total about 40 chapters? )

You can also go to the base point a few times.
At the base, you can level up by eating eggs.
You can also go to the ruins from the lower left of the base point.
The ruins can be visited many times.
You can grow your unit here.

The other is the ability to reset Supports.

You can become the highest class by promoting again after promotion.
The maximum parameter grows up to 50.

5 Likes

wow, this hack definitely sounds awesome then if it has 30 chapters per playthrough. can’t wait to see if this actually does get fully translated in the future.

1 Like

i’ll revamp this post soon but yes, this hack is complete (30 chapter with route split for both the lords)

if you guys found any problems / typos / mistranslation please let me know asap

awesome. well, good luck with your translation of the game

1 Like
Summary

Pretty fun hack so far. Though too bad I couldn’t read anything from the conversations cause I don’t know Japanese (also was stuck in the preparation area for quite a while cause I didn’t know the Fort progresses the game further).

Anyway, I found a problem on Chapter 10 involving that one thief with a Gift Card. When I tried to steal that gift card from the thief with the Trickstar Helena, I looked into her inventory after stealing that Gift Card and the Gift Card not in her inventory.

Edit: Kinda have another issue. Not sure if this is a bug of if it was intentional, but tried to have a bow user attack a wyvern rider with a steel bow, and that bow user isn’t able to do effective damage against them despite that bow’s description stating otherwise.

did it have nullfie

Wyverns there work like in FE10. They don’t have a weakness to bows but they are weak to thunder magic instead.

1 Like

So works like FE 10 Wyverns then. Okay.

Summary

So how is this Resolve Skill supposed to work in this hack? Is it just boosting Str, Skill and Speed when HP is low, or does it boost more than just those three stats when HP is low?

about that,i think it’s a mistranslation on my part, i apologize.
it’s supposedly “Attack speed and defense +8 when at half heart”
This hack tweaks a lot of skills from the other fe titles so it gets confusing at times @_@

Post revamped to make things easier to read

Summary

I guess that explains why I was having issues with the damage output from the manakete’s Light tome against one of those bosses with the Resolve Skill. Thanks.

Has anyone figured out how to get to chapters 24x or 25x? And also I noticed the data for chapter 31x in there, will that ever be actually completed/playable? And if yes what would the requirements to unlock that one would be?

1 Like