[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

interesting since fe6 has the lowest wta/wtd effect in the gba series and second lowest overall with +/-10 hit and +/-1 damage

this is +/-30 hit and +/-2 damage

more on the topic itself though, i would suggest decreasing to at least +/-20 hit, or even going back to +/-15 hit. +/-2 damage doesn’t feel that bad in my opinion

2 Likes

+15/-15 was always pretty meaningful as long as enemies had actual Avo stats. It can mean going from a very secure 90 hit at WTA to a passable 75 hit at neutral to shaky 60 hit at WTD.

1 Like

That is not intended. It seems to be a bug with the latest version of the skill system. 7743 already reported it to the authors. It seems that the weapon triangle effects are beign doubled. I guess I can just halve those values in the meantime and they should balance each other out.

2 Likes

I KNEW It wasn’t just me with the doubled effects, ok yeah that makes sense it being a bug.

1 Like

New version released. Inlcudes several fixes for the previous version.

-Morva and Draco Zombies can use their breaths
-Amelia can be correctly promoted
-Fixed palettes for some classes
-Dragonstone+ had to be removed because its implementation is harder than it seems. Dragonstone has been buffed
-Fixed the issue with “Stone” freezing the game
-Fixed the issue with weapon triangle giving double bonuses
-Fixed a miniboss in Ephraim’s chapter 9 beign a fleet
-Duessel joins with his correct class in Ephraim’s chapter 10
-Supposedly fixed the issue with lords beign unable to access the supply (needs testing)

Unfortunately, the bugs related to skirmishes and tower of valni remains…

Needed to reupload the patches because I forgot to assign the corrected breaths to the dragons :confused:
Be sure to download the newer files.

Oh well that makes sense. Thank you for the fixes, I’ll go try the new version then

New version is up. This one fixes the issue with skirmishes and Tower of Valni. The hack is now playable from start to finish without any major issues. This will probably be the last updtae before I finish Lagdou Ruins.

1 Like

Playing the hack and it enjoying it for the most part but, i will say the wind tome line needs a serious buff, the base tome is only 1mt so even low res enemies barely take damage from it and elwind isn’t much better with a whopping 2 extra might, ultimately just making fire the much better option

1 Like

Well, they were originally a little bit stronger in the older versions, then I had a few people complaining that they could just cheese bosses from 2-3 range without fear of counterattack. There are also wind tomes for nearly every anima rank, and the stronger ones get significant mt. Perhaps I could tweak the weakers ones to have 1 extra mt?

Yeah that would be nice, didnt think about the 2-3 range boss cheese ngl, however for the most part i don’t think wind will be used at the current state over fire tomes unless the minimal chip is needed, which i will admit is nice for promoted enemies but not so much regular ones

the alternative promotions of the lords have no skill, or is it a bug?

as promoções alternativas dos lordes não tem skill , ou é um bug?

I checked it, and the data was simply gone. Not only for the alternative promotions, but also some other classes. Probably due to me extending the class list and editing fragile data. Regardeless, I released a fixed version, which also brings some icon updates; some tweaks to magic tomes; the separation of the energy ring in energy drop and spirit dust; hopefuly the fix of the secret shops; and I don’t personally like it, but the majority of people voted for Canto to be replaced with Canto+. I did it, but only for the promoted and special mounted classes. The class Ranger also gets a new skill because Canto+ was part of its learnset. The patches are availbale on the same link as always.

Potuguese: então sim, era um bug. Nesse hack eu estendi a lista de classes além do limite natural de 127, o que aumenta as chances de ocorrerem problemas. De vez em quando as habilidades conflitam com os indicadores que levam às animações, então eu sempre tenho que checar se os dados relativos a essas coisas estão íntegros após qualquer modificação. Por sorte, não planejo adicionar mais nenhuma classe e nem mudar as habilidades das já existentes, então acho que não haverá mais problemas desse tipo.

I really liked the new update but I think that the corner + will unbalance the assembled units, please in new updates snort the unmounted classes because everyone with corner + is very op

gostei muito da nova atualização só que acho que o canto + vai desbalancear as unidades montadas , por favor em novas atualização bufa as classes não montadas pois todos com canto + é muito op

1 Like

Fire Emblem - the Sacred Stones # GBA(1)_1583888910481 Fire Emblem - the Sacred Stones # GBA(1)_1583888890997 might wanna make these guys a little less annoying

Hello, Rumors you after completing the tower I want to put 3 promotion options, how is the development?

Only three more floors to go.

very good, I didn’t get it right, the ruins by the bug of many characters on the screen, the second floor is already impossible with the debuf, and doesn’t intend to leave the elemental wings in secret stores, like thunder ax, fire spear and sword of wind, I missed it but long secrets.

New version is up! :smile:

This update focuses on the Lagdou Ruins, which features every major antagonist from FE6 and FE7, all the regalia from those games, some new songs, and tons of nasty enemies. Most of the antagonists have custom animations too. I also made some enemies in floor 2 spawn as reinforcements in order to (hopefully) avoid the debuff glitch.

If you have already cleared the main campaign, you will need to do the following before updating!!!

Myrrh now has two dragonstones she can use. The one she receives in chapter 16 is a little bit weak and meant to be used in the main campaign. I included a more powerful version which is obtained in chapter 21, so that she will still be viable in creature campaign. This means that if you have already cleared the main game and update to the latest version, you won’t be able to obtain it. To avoid that, please download the following patch (for the version you’re currently using) and follow these steps:

1. Start the game and go to Tower of Valni. One of the enemies there will carry and drop the dragonstone.

2. Get the stone, then retreat and save the game.

3. Now it is safe to update to the latest version.

If you are playing an older version and still haven’t made it past chapter 21, then you don’t need to do this. The stone will be obtainable normally in chapter 21.

Future updates will focus mainly on bug fixes and graphical improvements. I have yet to address the issue with secret shops showing broken items.

2 Likes

Hello,
Let me start be saying that i have enjoy the hell out of this hack really amazing work to you sir and everyone else that make this rebalance possible. It adds such a good flair to the gameplay of FE8.

When i notice the new patch(04-04-20) I was really exited to replay it but i notice that a few thing were diffrent. For example the recruit units (Ross,Amelia) are no longer promoted to their fist class which i dont mind that much but i like the idea of every unit vaible when they join.

Another was that the base stats of lute were a little bit on the low side for a lvl 5 mage , maybe she got nerf a little but is still a little odd.

Kyle champions animation change a bit now he seems to have the Roy normal animations instead of the binding blade attack animations, still a minor issue.

Finally chapter 20 was it just for me or the reinforcement just keep spawning ?

Do apologize for my nitpicking complains but overall solid work on the hack.