[FE8] The Sacred Chairs, aka Mangs's FE8 Patreon PME - Completed (Updates:Bosses, 0% Growths)

People just like lance-using classes, I guess. They created their units, but we did give some of the enemies swordreavers to not make the beginning full of WTD.

Oof. At the moment nothing game breaking has been found on the rom so far (aside from a few things that were fixed already)so we don’t plan to update the game anymore. If there is a need for an update, I’ll see to it that the portraits are adjusted. Thanks for the advice.

Okay, crazy suggestion here, what if - and hear me out here - what if you changed the axe users… to sword users?

That was an alternative, but I don’t see benefits compared to what we did.

They wouldn’t have been able to go on peaks (for the brigands), wouldn’t have gotten double effects of the weapon triangle, would’ve changed their stat spread (undesirable since back then, on chapters 1 and 2, the plan was still to only make minor edits to chapters), and would’ve given a unit WTD on her join map. Looking at those differences, I’d say there are arguable cons and no pros, but I could be wrong.

1 Like

Bumping the thread due to an editted version.

In this (incomplete, unless someone else wants to take over) version, bosses and playable/allied characters switch places. Other changes have been made, such as all classes having three promotion options, the summoner being changed into sorcerer (can use dark, light and staves but can’t summon), among other chapter-specific ones. Text is unchanged.

In this release, up to the route split is complete, believed to be bug-free. It’s a more difficult experience, due to the (now) playable units being weaker, not having powerful personal weapons (now it’s the bosses that have them), and there not being any playable dancers (instead of 4), summoners (instead of 3) and flyers (instead of 4), and no secret events (instead of ~45?).

Boss patch v1 Download

Playlist showcasing up to the route split

2 Likes

Bumping the thread due to a 0% growths version that’s been around for a while but I forgot to post before. Apply to a clean FE8U.

0% Growths Patch

Creator: PH#8797 (Discord)

My review of this game. Fair warning, this one is really long: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fkGnYb7JcXRE2S0uMtJPsYS-1vcNk-dbmRBt07BNrXg/edit?usp=sharing

4 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to review the hack, glad to see you enjoyed it and gave it such generous ratings.

Incidentally, to follow the forum rules, I renamed a specific miniboss, and used the chance to fix the bug in Ch18 of Regi route that you mentioned, as well as another in Ch11 of the same route that could cause the game to freeze on rare circumstances. The first post was updated to link to that version (rip 356 clicks).

EDIT: Forgot to do this, the sound room now has all music available from the start (due to the reports of it not working for some people) and updated Ghast’s portrait.

So… What was the previous rom the story kept talking about
An fe7 pme?

1 Like

Among Eggman’s playlist is one for an FE7 PME, so it’s most likely that. Playing that isn’t a requirement though, you can get by this hack with only knowing that the previous PME exists.

Wait which one
Dont know wot it is
(Only saw fe6 pme)

The FE7 Patreon PME. Unlike this one, that one is mostly a re-skin, exceptions I can recall are making it so all characters can be recruited in one run (Karel/Harken, Geitz/Wallace, Karla and Farina) and something for the final chapter.

You can go to Ft. Mangs to download it or watch his playlist. There have been some text changes that would get it removed here.

Does it have a goos story?
I suppose jordan replaced eliwood and nono replaced nino

It’s mostly a re-skin, there were few significant text edits so it’s pretty much FE7 in regards to story. A few villages have original text, units like Mangs and Mekkah have more dialogue changed to fit them, and the people who got their characters in the hack also sent the dialogue for them, that’s about it, I think.

No-No (in the FE7 PME she was called Nowi) replaced Louise. Some other people from The Sacred Chairs were in it too.

Do u know where to download the fe7 pme one?
And did anyone managed to beat marky on ch15?

Defeating the FE Youtubers in the stupid desert chapter without casualties is very hard to do, but still possible. Unlike in the vanilla games, archers here can be good as the standard 3 range in bows can let you hit them without them immediately murder killing you in retaliation.

As answered in DMs, you can find the link to the FE7 pme and other hacks in Ft. Mangs’s discord channel’s download station.

Usually archers are the safest choice, but you can stall with phantoms or even use a certain unhittable NPC in that map to take him down.

Updated the hack, changelog:
-Fixed 3 bosses’s stats getting much higher on normal mode
-Updated Mekkah, Imperial, Tambo and Radd’s portraits

3 Likes

Im playing nono route and im at the end of chapter 15. It plays the scene for the original fe8 and gives me the falchion and mjnior again instead of giving me the axe and dark tome help please

This was one of the first fixes we’ve made. It was from back when we had disabled the route split, so the game would progress as if you were still on the prologue mode.

Make sure you’re playing both with the current version and not using a save from one of the oldest versions.