[FE8] The Last Royal [19chapter Complete Hack] [Also has another version T2S with split promos and more!]

I read that some chars get skills on promotion and others dont, why??
My Cronus got 15 crit on sniper but my bishop or druid got nothing, any reason behind this? or bug?

Also how are supports gathered? per deployment or standing next to each other?

I should write down the supports, but it’s within 3spaces, might be 8 I forget.

Promo skills are just Canto, or Crit+15 on certain classes that normally have it in FE’s (sniper, berserker, halberdier?, Swordsmaster.)

Also all Noble Lord’s gain a skill upon promotion (except Olivia, but she gets one later.) So that’s Atlas, Serene and Thorn.

1 Like

yeah apparently they could support eachother, but it had no growths lol. It’s been fixed in v1.1.1

1 Like

@ArcaneEli

Just finsihed ur hack and i really liked it a lot.

The story was really good with so many twist , u didnt know who to trust.
Gameplay was HARD at begining til mid and then got easier at the end.
( i used the reset level glitch though, i just couldnt resist with Atlas and Serene.)
Loot and gold were never a problem and i liked the small cast with 1 to 2 supports only too. simpel instead of huge cast and huge supports.

Now the Bad things:

• Some grammar mistakes, misspelled words, no spacebar sometimes, no commas etc. makes it hard to read sometimes.

• Bugs :

• Like the unlimited special bow at the cave when Fey visits the town, a certain some1 will keep spawning when u visit it.

• Or diff faces and text from original fe8 when u kill bosses, happened with 2 bosses i think.

There are prolly more minor bugs but id say this is a very very good hack for 1st release.

Thank You and i hope u will make a Sequel or new hack in the Future.

1 Like

Alright cool, thank you very much for your feedback I appreciate it. Also I’m glad you did end up enjoying it!

For my own satisfaction can you upload a screenshot of your finishing party with their stats in a

Final Stats

Spoilers? I’d love to see them.

Hey, finished your game and had a good time. Lots of spoilers below and hopefully some feedback that might help.

Story

Story overall was decent enough, I liked the concept of everyone essentially “playing” each other with everyone trying to come out on top. I also thought it was a good narrative decision to keep the overall plot fairly small in the sense that there were just a few main players in the narrative along with a single country etc, made it very easy to keep track of so I never felt lost wondering what people were talking about.

I would’ve appreciated a few more scenes from the side characters here and there, while I liked the low amount of supports which helped focus on smaller stories of each character, most of them felt lost in the overall story.

Chapter Design

This is fairly long, but hopefully there is something useful for you here.

I think a major issue with a lot of the chapters is that they’re very early turn heavy, two big offenders that I remember is the pirate island and the desert chapter. The first few turns had you rushed by the majority of the enemy units and felt very touch and go. But after dealing with that there were a lot of empty turns where you just moved across the map without much combat with the rest of the enemy units being baitable one at a time.

I think somewhat related to this there was never really an incentive to rush, as far as I could tell there was never any threat to villages or chests from enemy units, adding this to a couple of chapters might be worth considering. One example where it was used is where Atlas gets his 2nd prf in the cursed castle, there are two rogues who have pre looted the chests and while they’re honestly very simple to get to I appreciated the effort, I also really liked how the boss chases you down here and has potential to punish the player.

The only chapter I’d say I flat out disliked was the first survive chapter against the green haired swordmaster, the body ring he has feels like massive bait and I felt really punished trying to get it. The constant flood of reinforcements from the top is super annoying, but fine given the context of the map. Additionally the reinforcements from the south were fair as the player was warned in advance and other than the two officers it looked managable. The major problem here is when the promoted reinforcements come from the north, the majority of my units at this point were one rounded by these with only the best units (Atlas, Onyx, Oliver, Elliot) being able to threaten them back. Possible solution could be pre-warning the player as you did with the southern reinforcements, pushing back the turn that they start spawning, or just slightly lowering their stats. You could also maybe swap the Angelic Robe from that chapter with a Master seal from the desert chapter, an early promoted unit might help a lot here.

Final Team

Not too much to say about Atlas, he was great from start to finish, his good stats, great skills, and solid prfs made him one of the best units.

Serene was decent, speedy and came in clutch with crits here and there. She struggled to one round a lot without a crit though, and per personal skill wasn’t very good as it didn’t always seem to work, I liked using her though and was fine.

Nothing special when you get him, but lucky for him he comes a chapter before you’re flooded with master seals. On promotion he gets powerstaff which made him feel really good to use, crazy mobility and staves can always be useful. His combat kind of sucked though and he was super frail, was ok with a sapphire sword.

Archers felt pretty strong in this game, Cronus having some enemy phase really helped as well. Felt super safe and powerful once you could buy longbows.

Erika was kind of disappointing honestly, average stats across the board meant she was ok but never felt as impactful as other units. Horses also felt really vulnerable in this game due to how all the officers had effective weapons. Additionally with there being little incentive to push forward on chapters movement felt less valuable than it usually would.

Healer/10 saw almost no combat. Staff Savant meant she could always heal from a safe position, she has a massive hp pool for some reason though, so when she did get hit it didn’t matter much. Staff XP is super high here so she was ahead of the pack for most of the game.

Very underwhelming, she struggled to kill and couldn’t take hits in retailiation very well, not particularly dodgey either. Felt like she was taxed a bit as she could learn two additional skills but made her feel weak most of the game. I didn’t get vantage as I couldn’t see a way to do it without having one or two of Axecellia and the two super untits you get on that chapter dying, and as they had no text upon dying I wasn’t sure if it was buggy or not so passed on it. (Wahnrin still talks about leaving the battle and an invisible unit runs off if he is the one to die).

I really liked using Talon, and similar to Cronus he felt pretty good as bows were strong. He does suffer from having no enemy phase, and having all the horse weaknesses though, but longbows made him suffer less than Erika. He felt pretty balanced.

Olivia was insanely good, she would double everything, usually one round, and didn’t care about usual flier weaknesses thanks to her prf. Oh her prf also removes her magic weakness, if that didn’t make her good enough she gets another prf later on, while this one felt less ridiculous utility wise it still had insane raw damage. One of the best units in my opinion.

Flora was pretty good, basically had a horse but without the downsides and had respectable bulk. Her main selling point was her huge damage, but she was less threatening than most units as she didn’t have the speed to double, her speed was never low enough to actually get doubled though so helped against bosses or just bulkier enemies that needed chipping.

Probably one of my favourite units, had a lot of fun using him. Felt super useful early on with reliable damage and potential crits with thunder. He could also be super safe using wind if he didn’t need enemy phase on that turn.

The classic Est of the game, she wasn’t very good which was expected I guess. High growths didn’t really matter as everybody in this game has high growths, being underlevelled when she joins didn’t really help and she really struggled to get early KOs. If you can get her promoted she catches up easily due to high staff exp + paragon, but there isn’t really much payout. A flying healer is ok but her combat remains underwhelming. Also her support is possibly bugged, shows her having one (I assume Onyx?) but it never grows, I think it might be her support is flagged to be with the Onyx that joins early on, but the late game Onyx is a different unit?

Not too much to say, Dancer is always good, Rally Spectrum gives her support outside of dancing if you ever needed that instead. Dancer is OP like usual.

The Gotoh of the game, hes honestly a bit too good. While he only has 3 chapters of availability he can pretty much solo all of them which was kind of a shame as it meant I didn’t really need to use the guys I’d built throughout the game, as throwing Onyx at it was just a better solution.

Bugs

The legendary wind sage guy has Aias’s death text.
Similar issue, I honestly forgot who it was, either the Wingly father or Axecillia has Caellech’s death dialogue.
When Atlas kills his father, some of the dialogue is missing which made the scene somewhat anticlimactic.
In the arena if you get matched up against a Bishop (might be archbishop some classes are renamed) it has the Hector Lord model and soft locks the game as it can’t attack.
Similar issue on the chapter where you’re attacking the castle. (Where yen’frey joins and you get the legendary bow in a cave). A ranger on the east side causes a softlock if you have animations on, probably as a broken weapon animation. Also on this same chapter the boss has a sword in his inventory that he doesn’t have weapon rank for.
If I’m correct about Winter’s support being Onyx and I didn’t miss a recruit, then it doesn’t work.

1 Like

Thanks for everything you mentioned and going indepth it helps alot, yes Winter is supposed to support Onyx and I probably just forgot to give them growth points tbh.

Most of the issues you had with characters are valid and I wanted it to be that way, so some had clear weaknesses and strengths.

But i agree with some of your points like chapter design and Erika, Onyx power levels and various other things.

Besides that thank you for playing!

I’ve seen it mentioned elsewhere, but it appears magic lens don’t work as stat boosters. Also worth noting, It seems like the cutlass doesn’t effect dodge

Currently on the second survive chapter doing my best to get a couple sisters talking without casualties, but I’ve got some thoughts thus far:

-The characters are interesting; on a stats side of things, the whole cast feels almost super-charged, with consistently good growths and a couple real standouts as mvps when I finally finish the hack and give my final thoughts. some first impressions from my experience thus far

Erika- I love the idea of a literal magic knight, and she’s done a great job as my social knight of choice. Her growths are a bit average, and I may just be having bad luck with rngs, but she feels a little squishy compared to the usual paladin sort. She feels like she’s missing a prof. weapon to really work with her strengths, but the emerald lances have basically carried her thus far
Arkas: I like mercs and heroes across hacks and official FE games, but for whatever reason, this lad felt like an increasing liability, reaching critical mass on the first survive map and ultimately leading to me benching him for Alice, ironic considering they seem like they would tag team very well
Winter: for a relatively late Est, she feels a little underwhelming. Her promotion gains are solid, and she doesn’t struggle to get 10 levels under her belt thanks to paragon, but she really lacks the tools to be anything more then a mage killer in my current run. Its a bit silly to request prof. weapons for everyone, but something like a wing spear as a gift from onyx would be a great incentive to keep her on the team

-I have mixed feelings on hitting the player with promoted enemies from the prologue, especially hard mode promoted characters. Thus far, I’ve had to cheese more then a few of them with longbow/elwind strats, but I will say a majority of them hit a nice balance of design and difficulty; some (like Muscles) are memorable enough for either their character and/or challenge, and even on maps with multiple bosses, they’ve got enough to make them stand out

-the weapon variety available to the player feels a bit tight. Admittedly, I’ve only just reached silver in shops, but the total lack of duel/reaver weapons for the player and most magic weapons feeling rare and far in-between for a cast of frontliners fully capable of wielding steel and magic with equal aptitude. The proficiency weapons and the drops thus far have been really good and interesting, so kudos for that

-on a less downer note, I like the focus on tighter numbers of supports; it keeps the balance so support bonuses don’t stack the game in what is clearly a deliberately challenging hack, and the writing seems to provide a lot of quality to compensate for quantity, with a nice variety in romantic text as well as twists in the character’s backgrounds (I’m a big fan of Fay and Cronus’s writing, the twists, and the character-arc Fey gets)

1 Like

@WaywardTroper
I like your ideas with characters, I’m making alot of changes for units and one of them is adding in a special weapon for Winter. Cause even when I used her I abused the Ballista in the next map until she caught up in exp and that didn’t feel right.

Erika and Arkas are getting buffed to be less allrounder and more specialized.

I might change the earlier bosses to be less Crystal Star to win, but we shall see.

And I 100% forgot about the Duel/Reaver and Triangle weapons I added. So across most chapters enemies will have those and they will be more accessible for players as well.

Anywho thanks for your input!

Alright, so I finally got through endgame, and gathered my thoughts, so I’ll do the customary screenshots and give my thoughts on various parts of the hack

• Story/Dialogue: This is a very solid effort, something I would consider a benchmark for other mod authors to use as a reference. There are some formatting typos in the occasional dialogue box, but there it great characterization across the board. While limited to support conversations for at least a few of the minor characters in the army, the Bosses, Villains, and Main Characters all have great and varied characterization. I’ll elaborate on some of the player characters later, but overall what is her is good, but could use a second look over for editting

In regards to the plot, this is a very good example of streamlining to cut to the heart of a very traditional fire emblem experience. I really enjoyed the… Quadruple?Quintuple? Cross the plot quickly evolves into, and the back and forth between the various named factions and royal families all maneuvering around each other in in a game of 4d chess all located in a single country with two siblings at each other’s throat is a very political take on what otherwise checks a lot of what I enjoy about IS FE games (special swords, dragons, royal bloodlines and divine beings all being favorite tropes). It is nice to see well written schisms within various families that play a part in the plot, and gives an emotional punch to at least a few deaths I won’t spoil

-Level Design: There’s two minds about this one. On the one hand, this is a fan game with the community in mind, so it skews toward ramped difficulty with a few breathing points coming in to keep the tension from climbing too high; for reasons I’ll have to explain later, unfortunately the difficulty plateaued in my end game, but I won’t hold this against the hack author. With all this in mind, on the other hand, there are perhaps a few stages that are perhaps too difficult for where they are in the plot. As noted by other users, the one that really stacks this balance too far is Ch 5. Having a anti-turtle incentive is good, as that shakes up the complacent gaming style that is common in mainline IS fire emblem games, and rewarding tactical execution of sub-goals to get valuable items is also good. Where it goes too far is having essentially 3 boss level enemies appear as reinforcements when there are very likely only 3 or 4 characters that can properly engage with them, including the panic button that is Onyx; I wound up manipulating critical rolls on more then a few killer weapons to get through without causalities while also snagging all the item drops (minus the robes I left in Onyx’s pocket, but that was on me). This kind of level design really feels like it strangulates who you feasibly want to deploy, as having characters with sub-optimal stats due to bad rolls or unique niches, or not being able to respond on enemy phase were benched in my run fairly frequently, including a few I was otherwise actively interested in using. I think a handful of stages could be tweaked or tuned to make them more player friendly without heavy use of save states, but I do enjoy the challenge as intended

Bugs: As I noted in an earlier post, there are a couple items that don’t seem to work as intended (Magic lens and cutlass)
The big one, that I’m stumped on and not sure how to replicate to figure out why is somewhere around ch 13, the leveling for player characters started to break; I had at least one character revert back to level 0 somehow, several others bounce back to their starting level, and in one case, a lvl 40 character rollback and get locked in as an 8th level character. This accidentally broke the challenge, as they all retained their gained stats, so you’ll note in my screenshots I’ve got some odd levels and several characters who capped multiple stats

End Game Party

Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (USA, Australia)-0
I liked Flora a lot; she self-recruited on a nice breather stage, and came in with a surprising amount of mobility and durability for a dark magic user. She mainlined wind magic once she promoted and became my magic sniper. overall, a good addition with enough to stand out among the excellent selection of magic users. Worth noting, her essentially personal tome proved surprisingly useful at clutch points when I least expected it

Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (USA, Australia)-1
I’m going to go ahead and say Olivia is head and shoulders the best unit the the game. A flying tank who was fast enough to double basically everything, and a personal axe that meant she could respond at 1 and 2 range as well as punish mages and archers. Her skills are also solid, though I only had resolve factor in once or twice once she acquired it. I really only had one other character comparable in usefulness throughout

Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (USA, Australia)-2
I liked Fey’s writing a lot, as I mentioned earlier, but overall she was just a auto include in every stage. She added a ton of range to staves, including being a clutch save with physics staves, leveled up incredibly fast thanks to staff exp, and had enough hit points she very rarely was a liability, and even proved valuable bait on more then one occasion

Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (USA, Australia)-3
Winter was probably the ultimate 180 in the party, in true Est fashion. I had some reservations using her, especially with the stages immediately after recruiting her had ballistas and tough units she couldn’t even scratch, but once I promoted her and she started gaining magic she was great as a flying staff user, a clutch rescue queen that prevented a few casualties. I ended up loving her a lot, but it would be nice if there was some kind of follow-up to close her story, Like she could get supports with Onyx and/or get some kind of weapon to compensate for having a hard time punching through defense until she really started to steam roll

Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (USA, Australia)-4
Thorn wound up working more as a staff bot then a real frontliner, especially with really on dodge tanking being touch and go in this hack. I ground him up to a b-rank in bows, and had him bounce between a tsunami bow and a sapphire blade, so he more or less served as an anti armor and wyvern unit in endgame. still good, and I do like a more jovial character in an otherwise mostly serious and dour hack

Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (USA, Australia)-5
A dancer who can dodge and tank a hit surprisingly well. She came in with near perfect timing, helping with rushing ch 12, getting Winter to lvl 15 to help her catch up, and otherwise chaining nicely with Thorn to basically turn him into 3 heal bots in one turn. I like having the versatility of rallying, but if she wasn’t catching up with the party, she was dancing
Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (USA, Australia)-6
So, Onyx’s level broke, meaning he accidentally became more godly in my run. I’ll consider that fair trade for the robes he stole and lost before changing wyverns. He also accidentally s ranked axes and lost his s rank lances, so he unfortunately couldn’t use his “personal” weapon. Those tid-bits aside, being immune to arrows and wind magic on the opponents phase, coming back with growths even Karel the Sword Saint would blush at, and more or less dominating the maps he showed up on were absurd, living up to being our Camus the Sable/Ares stand in

Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (USA, Australia)-7
Atlas was the actual tank of this game. Two different ranged swords that allowed him to just muscle through his problems as well as occasionally getting access to vantage or amping up Aether to cover a speed that started to dip for a few stages. Easily a top 5 throughout my run, and for a conqueror lord like Ike, Hector, or Sigurd, he had a nice amount of character development on top of being a one man army

Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (USA, Australia)-8
So due to some leveling bugs, Serene accidentally ascended to godhood in the last 6 chapters of the game, but even before that she was as invaluable as Atlas from the prologue on, and as dangerous as Olivia when deployed. I turned her into a primarily fire magic user upon promotion, and had her toss out light magic that basically was my go to boss killer through midgame. the fact she healed when on offense was only icing on the cake, and partnering up with Atlas meant they could push for bosses and hold chokepoints to an insane degree
Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (USA, Australia)-9
I absolutely love archers who can play on both player turn and enemy phase, and that as well as a hearty hit point pool and solid defenses made him a better frontliner then most of the sword users I deployed throughout. I kept upgrading longbows throughout and so he became a terror at a greater range then any other character in the game

Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (USA, Australia)-10

I feel bad; I liked Liam a lot, and getting a horse helped him out, but more and more, simply being “the wall” wasn’t enough as the enemy numbers scaled higher and higher and he became obsoleted by Olivia. I kept him onboard mostly because he still helped even with his weaknesses and paired up with the high mobility units that carried the later half of the hack

Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (USA, Australia)-11
It took a little bit of saving her from some lackluster stats with some late game boosters (including one yourinite crest), and she lead to more then a few resets, but I absolutely love Erika and she was my favorite character throughout. Being somewhere between a mage knight and an assassin on a horse, she was amazing on player phase and lead the charge in breaking lines by hurling emerald lances at problems. She really only suffer on enemy phase where she proved an axe magnet, who needed some key stat boost items to shore up her defenses. The emerald lance more or less was her personal weapon throughout, but having a killer lance and a killer axe to just delete enemies post promoting was also fun. I unfortunately missed out on her support, but just by design and value to the team, she rounds out my top 5 characters

Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (USA, Australia)-12
Despite not being the light wielding god Serene became, Elliot was equally valuable to the team. Basically teaming up with Flora to pop wyverns and other magic targets with elwind throughout, I went pure thunder mage leading into end game and he consistently hit and crit as well as rounding off the number of staff users on the team to counter the high damage from both sides. His skill was easy to overlook, but proved surprisingly valuable in cracking open high speed bosses after he tagged them out of range

Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (USA, Australia)-13
Getting fully kitted Alice was probably the biggest frustration in this gem, besides dodge tank characters rarely reaching below 40% hit on the enemy dice rolls, but considering she demolished at least 3 bosses in my run solo and went nuts with brave swords, killing edges, and cutlasses to open gaps throughout, I’d say it was worth the effort. Were it not for Winter existing, I’d say she was the actual Est of the game, but I do like rewarding the player mechanically by giving her closure, the only thing that would have been the icing on the cake would have been picking up her sister’s sword or getting a similar blade of her own

To TL/DR this novel of a post, I like the plot a lot, and I think with a little proof-reading and balancing on some tough stages, this could be my favorite hack of 2021

1 Like

The level bug is basically the game can’t save levels over 31, so if you resume/restart/load a saved game past that level it drops you by 30. So you’d be level 0, 4 etc etc etc. I don’t believe there is a fix out there, so really it’s just upto only using Save States and having a backup save state to keep your levels. It sucks but that’s all there is.

I agree with most of your character analysis, except I’ve never used a fire tome ever in the hack. But besides that mostly everything else is what I agree with and what i’ve heard too.

For a small spoiler on upcoming changes, I’m adding in alot more talking events mid chapter, to hopefully give them more backstory and dialouge. (ex: Elliot talks to Parnam and Ahnimar as he knows them in the past. Alice will get a special something from her sister after those events.)

Also I’ve noticed sofar nobody excluding myself has used Graham (tbh really shocked especially with his PRF and Younite Crests), Jaxon, Cross or Nate to the end. So I’m changing most of them to be better.

A small list of current character changes, that's not finalized

Erika: HP: 70%->75%, Magic:65%->70%, Skill: 65%->60%, Luck: 45%->70%, Resistance: 45%->50%

Arkas: HP: 70%->80%, Magic: 40%->35% Skill: 60%->70%, Def: 50%->45%, Resistance: 50%->40%, Luck: 50%->70%

Cross (rebalanced): Strength: 35%->80% Magic: 40%->20%, Skill:80%->30%, Defense: 65%->50%,
Skill: Heavy Strike: Adds Weapon Weight to Crit %. (skill removed was 7’s roulette, +20hit and avoid until turn 7).

Jaxon: Magic,Luck,Resistance: 5%->10%
Skill: (removed 2nd Impact)
Skill added: Arena Master: Every unique arena this unit waits on he gains another skill.
(Arenas are located at Ch.4/5, Ch.8 and Ch.14)

Winter: Lance base rank from E->D, gains a unique PRF upon joining. (Hero Lance: It’s a 1-2 range steel spear that’s uncounterable, and effective vs Horse/Armors.)
Winter also joins with a Younite Text. (raises all growth rates by 5%).

Aside from that even though english is my native language, my grammer and spelling errors have always haunted me. So I’m trying to fix all that I can, and I’m working on making the early chapters especially 5 with surprise Zodiac easier, or have more of a warning of when the F U reinforcments arrive.

All in all thank you for the indepth analysis of my hack It’s greatly appreciated and I’m very happy you liked the story. I’m hoping I can pump out v1.2 with alot more positive changes soon!

1 Like

I do like Graham, and the spoilery stuff about his back story was nice, the fact he was a Seth instead of a normal Jeigan was good too. I want to say I only really dropped him once I committed to training up Winter.

Considering there’s a good chunk of chapters in the back half that emphasize pushing on player phase to prevent dogpiling or reaching the boss, it may just be people of picking the flying brick Wingly siblings and the pretty solid bunch of mounted units available over the infantry boys. I tend to prefer infantry myself, but its food for thought at least

kind of a dumb after thought, but the reason i committed to fire mage Serene was she rapidly became “Liliana, but can double” after she promoted, so I opted for pure, unadultered damage over crits from light spells

edit to an edit: kind of a goofy nit-pick, and I’m assuming it just came down to a space issue considering the number of spell animations crammed in, but I chuckled a bit when Astra would proc with Circles MS paint filler animation. There are a couple animations in the repository, but like I said, I’m guess with the number of unique animations on ranged weapons, the rom was probably tight on space already

Hi Again I’ve just finished chapter 16 and I might finish the game next week, I’ve just noticed Winter can not support with the wyvern knight in question.
Also interesting changes, I might try them for a future second run.

TBH I didn’t know supports could only go to a certain unit data, and her partner was past it and I never got an error for it. But it is fixed, and will be in the next update.

Only reason I don’t push it out now, is because her partner uses a different unit data now, so it’s weird.

It didn’t work, on Chapter 8, I sent Fey to visit the house, but he/she didn’t show up

Fey has to visit the village on Ch.11: Blackmoon, it’s the only one on the map to get the character.

Edit: That was mybad, in the text document it was wrong but on the website it’s correct. It’s now been fixed. But yeah it’s supposed to be Ch.11

Thanks afroboy
PS : Sorry if I make you feel bad fod the name

So those changes are not in the current version (v 1.1.1) right?

That is correct, it’ll be in v1.2 which also includes alot more fixes and changes to chapters based on alot of feedback.

Namely needing the bosses in Ch.3, redoing Ch.6 design, adding in more talking events, adding in more Reaver/Triangle weapons for the player etc etc

Hi, I’ve played it but haven’t finished it yet and here are my thoughts on the hacks. I only give my most honest opinions, so some of them might sound harsh and overly detailed. However, I strongly believe that honest and objective critics makes perfection.

1. Class. I’m kinda sad that my favorite class is not available here (Troubadour/Valkyrie) and I don’t think there’s any Mage Knight too. I wish they are available too. The only healer class also kinda weird. Its using Bishop sprite for the basic class, then using remodeled Bishop class sprite which has almost no difference in appearance. I have kinda mixed feeling about Druid class. I wish they can use staff to help with the healing, but I also like Druid get more control on the magic triangle. The physical classes are mostly fine, nothing too strikingly bad. However, I noticed when I promote some of my units, there are some units that lose some status upon promotion but when I checked it on status screen nothing seems decreasing. Is this a bug? Or maybe I just didn’t remember the numbers well.

2. Difficulties. At first, everything seems normal, not too easy, not too hard. However, the one where you have to defend yourself for 8 turns is absurdly difficult. The amount of reinforcements are way too many and the inclusion of promoted enemy units just make it even harder. Then, that chapter where we have to battle stranded pirate, is way too hard in my opinion. Every single enemy units has some kind of savage blow but weaker. No matter how strong my unit is, if they ram them together, they will kill my unit. Please revise these nonsensical difficulties. Sometimes if its too hard, it takes away all the fun. The other thing I noticed is the Ballistic unit. I personally think the Ballistic has too much HP for long range siege unit. I might add more critics about this part when I finish the whole hacks later.

3. Plot. The story is enjoyable and not 100% predictable, so you’ve done a great job on the plot making.

4. Writing. I forgot to take screenshots but I noticed there’s some grammatical and punctuation mistakes. Maybe you can ask someone to refine it if English is not your mother tongue. This is not a crucial thing but you might want to refine it by the end of the day, so your credibility is increased.

5. Art. For game hacks, I personally prefer using someone else’s art then credited him/her vs just using existing original art. I also appreciate that you remodel the map, feels like a completely different game, which is good.

6. Character Development. Its a common thing in FE universe to have playable characters that only has plot relevance for 1 chapter only. However, the amount of 1 chapter only character in here is too many. Everyone, except the lords and that Commander, are 1 chapter unit only.

7. Recruitment Guide. I don’t know what went wrong but in the chapter where we recruit a Pegasus Knight with Olivia talking to her brother, you mentioned to visit southeast village with Fey for surprise unit to join. First of all, there’s nothing to visit on southeast part of the map. Second, I have tried visiting all of the villages using Fey and nothing happened. Please explain this, I’m so curious lol.

8. Very personal thingy. I LOVE Serene’s color palette. Pink and white are my favorite color combo. Thank you so much for using that color combination lol.