[FE8] Skill System v1.0 - 254 skills done, more on the way

Wow I thought that meant it negates enemy crits. That’s kinda lame.

Is Moonbow/a special charge system properly integrated? That’d be really cool.

Also, If I’m working within FE Builder, is there a way to edit/add skills? I haven’t touched the program in a while and I don’t know how tied FE Builder is to this patch, but I wanna try to implement those skills more universally, and maybe even combine the skills (ie. Sol and Luna become Aether) and even implement Heroes Skills like Glacies and FEH!Ignis

To answer both:
I don’t believe moonbow is implemented properly, no.
You can’t update the patch or edit any of the skills within builder. If you want to use a newer version you’ll need a fresh rom. This is the main reason people try to advocate using buildfiles and not builder.

Yes, Vantage+ is supposed to negate player crits. I made an alternate version that doesn’t back when I made the skill, but you’d have to update the skill description to match as well.

1 Like

Thanks man I appreciate it all y’all are doing. Keep it up!

Shadowgift seems to conflict with Weapon Lock Ex Patch.
Weapon Lock Ex is a patch that allows you to define multiple Lock Weapons.

08016574 B530   push {r4,r5,lr}   //CanUnitUseAsWeapon
08016738 3028   add r0, #0x28   //Skill SkillSystems 20181020 (スキル拡張)@00016738.bin@BIN
0801673A 1840   add r0 ,r0, r1
0801673C 7800   ldrb r0, [r0, #0x0]   //専用武器Ex 導入@@EA
0801673E 2100   mov r1, #0x0
08016740 4290   cmp r0 ,r2

Weapon Lock Ex(専用武器) hook 0801673C.
However,SkillSystems Hook 08016738.

JumpToHack hooks use 8 bytes.
Therefore, they hook routines to each other, and it do not work well.

SkillSystems is doing hooks in this part of “Master Skill Installer”.

//Shadowgift and friends (only Lumina for now)
ORG $16738
jumpToHack(Shadowgift)

Maybe you can put up (or have them put up) two patches, one with Shadowgift, one without?

It is impossible to install two patches at the same time.

JumpToHack consumes 8 bytes, so you can not secure enough space to put two patches at the same time.
Also, these two patches will hook all the end of the function, neither of which will return to this function anymore.

It is possible to match the hook position to the same position.
However, it needs to fix either patch for that purpose only.
Because that is troublesome, I decided to make a patch to uninstall Shadowgift.
When installing WeaponLockEx, I want to uninstall Shadowgift and install WeaponLockEx.

1 Like

By “two patches” I meant two alternatives (the regular patch, and an alternative patch without shadowgift), but what you did works too

So that’s why errors occurs whenever i updated skills systems via febuilder like skills activation animations bugs or/and softlock the games. Guessed i shall kiss my saves goodbyes

All you need to do is replace the ROM with a clean copy of the same name as your saves and then repatch the skill system in. You’ll keep your saves but the edits to the ROM will need to be redone

1 Like

It seems that 7743 is trying to implement an “unpatch” feature. If he can make it work, then it should now be possible to update skill system. As of right now however all it does is break your rom.

1 Like

Did the Skill Patch disable stealing? This is my current Colm’s stats:

This is the enemy I want to steal from and the item:

Yet no steal command:

You need give him skill steal instead of cunning. It’s display only

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Thought I had messed something up on the install. Why make a display only skill the default instead of steal?

Because when I added Steal+ to the skill system, I added Steal as well (so that you didn’t need both in order for Steal+ to be a thing) and forgot to update the default skills. My apologies.

SkillSystems has a bug in Nosferatu.

When In battle,it will absorb HP ,
However After the battle is over, HP returns to the original.

This bug did not occur in the version of 2018/7/17 (July).

However After the battle is over, HP returns to the original.

The SkillSystems update of FEBuilderGBA will work correctly.
If there is a ROM that does not work please send me report 7z.

No problem. Just thought it was an odd decision. Thanks for the explanation

Thanks but i decided to use the old skills system because of my laziness until 7743 complete the update without errors according to Pikmin1211