[FE8] Sacred Redux v2.5.3 [COMPLETE]

I checked it out. I think the script got bugged out when I rebuilt the rom. It should function as intended now.

I am on the eirikas route

Ah okay. I did some tweaking to the script so it should work just fine now, just gotta update/repatch your rom. I’ve updated the UPS. Lmk if there are anymore issues.

It doesn’t appear to be working still.

aye and what about the helmless salvaged paladin? can u update it?
and about the secrect room and who to visit it with and is the dialogue important? or are there two or more characters can u tell me there class? and if u can update animations?

1. Is there an issue with the animation? I don’t even remember using the helmless one.
  2. Hint: what kind of characters would benefit most from the books in a library?
Answer

Mages, send Lute and Arthur in. Gilliam too for an extra treat.

Hmm? Are you able to skip that cutscene in the mean time? I might have to play all the way up to that chapter from the start.

1 Like

that isn’t the problem what I was trying to say was can u update the helmless salvaged paladin except the normal salvaged paladin because I like the helmless salvaged paladin(it’s a request totally depends on u)

I’ve tried watching it all the way through, skipping it all, skipping at certain points, it just ends up at a black screen with the music continuously playing in the background

Hello, I’m really enjoying your mod, I like most of the changes you implemented, just a few questions. War Priest Moulder seems to have very low stat caps, is that how it’s suppose to be?

Hmmm, seems like the low caps are for everyone… I dont get it. Also, the exp gain is a bit too high I think, I’m on chapter 8 and Gillian, Franz and Lute are pretty much at their max unpromoted level, Moulder was the first to promote and he reached 20 on chapter 7.

I think that’s just the way it is displayed. I’ve seen it displayed like this in other hacks.

3 Likes

yeah, sorry, I was confused by the shorter bars in the display. My bad… what’s with that Library in chapter 8 though… I’m trying to figure it out the secrets, but I just cant… i’m too dumb for this.

2 Likes

Hey, glad that you are enjoying it. Moulder’s stat caps seem low because his class doesn’t excel at anything except for healing. He’s well rounded, can fight a monster here, survive more hits than any other healer, but since healers are ultimately non-combatants I didn’t think it mattered for them.

And I’m not sure what you define as low caps, but I actually raised most of the caps for vanilla lol. It appears low because I tweaked the bar to display up to 45, instead of 30, so the bar looks shorter when you compare it to 45 instead of 30.

And I figured it was too high, I was just waiting for someone to bring it up since I’ve had a couple of people saying it feels grindy. I’ll play around with the formula again.

1 Like

Okay, I’m sorry for that issue. I’ll prioritize it.

Yeah, the library is for the mages you have so far (so Lute and Artur). You get a couple of “advanced” tomes from some of the shelves, and one more unit gets something out of it.

Ah okay, I prefer the helmed one myself lol. Especially for this hack which tries for realism. But if you have FEBuilder you can personalize it, animation changing is pretty quick(I usually that for hacks that I play from others).

I’m sorry if this is asking too much, but I’m trying all the shelves and tiles, and I dont really get anything with them, could you tell if there’s any sign for the appropriate tile/shelf for each character. Also, some of the shelves can be attacked, but nothing happens when they’re “destroyed”.

Summary

I tried to open the door on the lower right side of the library with Eirika and a key, I see the cutscene with the characters that show up during the end of chapter 5x, but after that the game freezes, if I skip the scene thing seem fine, but nothing really happens… so… are those characters we can recruit? is there another cryptic method that I’m not finding out?

Okay cool, I’ll look into that. And those characters are meant to join you automatically as you open the door. I’ll check the coding for the whole library. just to make sure.

I will fix those tiles. As for where the secrets are:
InkedChapter 8 Library_LI
Purple is Lute, Orange is Artur, and Blue is any player unit.

3 Likes