[FE8] Sacred Echoes (working title)

With the release of the FEE3 video, I figured it was time this gets a thread. Since the video’s recording, I’ve added a functional world map.

Sacred Echoes (until I think of a better title) is a demake of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for the GBA. There are currently 4 chapters in a playable state.

Features:

• The Gaiden/Echoes magic system, where spells are learned by level-up, are accessible through the B.Magic or W.Magic menu, and cost HP to cast.
  • Various mechanics tweaks to mirror Echoes and Gaiden’s combat system.
  • Different maps and objectives from the source games.
  • Branching promotions for the Villager classes, with 5 possible class options.
  • 3rd tier classes, with expanded caps allowing stats to reach 40. The dread fighter -> villager loop is also included.
  • A functional world map that can be explored, just like in the originals.
  • All-new GBA remixes of Gaiden and Echoes soundtrack.
  • Various UI improvements.

Screenshots:

Credits:
(Anything not listed here is my own work)

• Circleseverywhere’s Modular Stat Screens and everything2ea modules
  • macplustrees’ base-stat promotion gains
  • Teraspark’s staff/item range rework
  • Assorted small tweaks and patches by Tequila, Crazycolorz5, Vennobennu, Leonarth, 7743 and aera
  • Music hacking utilities by Sme and Alusq
  • NGMansion for save expansion patch
  • Teraspark’s Swordphraim and Alusq’s Soldier battle animations
  • Cardcafe’s Echoes item icons
  • DerTheVaporeon’s improved cave tileset

The first official patch will be released when Act 1 is complete. I will need some help with maps and playtesting, so please contact me on Discord if you’re interested.

Server link: https://discord.gg/Pp3zJ2R

I’m not often genuinely impressed.

I will 100% play this. That’s a promise.

I want to be a playtester, my discord is pedrokktt#1633

RIP every other Valentia GBA project that will never stand up to this

seriously though it looks ace, can’t wait to see more

Very impressive.

Can I make maps for this? I already end up making random fe2 maps from time to time already and this looks pretty awesome.

whats ur discord? i’d like to playtest, hmu at Max Limit#3056

The presentation is soooo good. And since you’ll be updating the maps, the gameplay will also improve as well! Can’t wait for the release!

This is one of the best things that were in FEE3, it looks amazing! If you could change some maps around a little bit so they are less tedious but still stay true to SoV that would be awesome. Wondering how are you planning to do the 3rd tier classes as it seems to me like it’s gonna be very hard to do lol, like the dread fighters.

I would love to play test this. I would need some help as I’m a bit of a noob when it comes to rooms. My discord is Pieo123 9418

I made an account to say I will definitely play this once it comes out. Keep up the hard work!

more POWER and Keep the good work

Looks sick, can’t wait for a release.

Amazing! MOAR!!!

One question though : axe user? :rage:

I can’t wait to play this. Maybe I should try to make an Map of an FE2 Chapter. :smile:

FE2 is my favourite. I want to be a playtester. My discord is hikeyi#8096.

@HyperGammaSpace To clutter down on all the discord requests here, why don’t you make a discord server for Sacred Echoes? People can volunteer to be playtesters, help you out with the hack, so on and so forth.

This looks godly.

sooo how can i get to your discord ? so i can help with whatever u want