[FE8] Sacred Echoes [v1.1] [COMPLETE]

Comparing units by personal experience is almost always wrong, but you can tell that Atlas has worse growths meanwhile Valbar is a prepromote.

And you could give Bows to Assassins to further differentiate them from DFs.

1 Like

Comparing units by personal experience is almost always wrong, but you can tell that Atlas has worse growths meanwhile Valbar is a prepromote.

Yes, that is totally obvious but not the point. You’re suppose to see the similarities between them and from that, see in which aspects Atlas is lacking. This is to aliviate redundancy in very class redundant route, so that one can properly give Atlas a place with the ROMhacker’s vision in mind.

That’s why my suggestion is give him unlordly HP, so that he can ve a meat shield in contrast to the iron wall that is Valbar. Both heavy hitters but not particulary double hitters. Having more tanking units in Celica’s route would be nice.

1. Is this still being worked on, I hope it is.
  2. Will you be including the overclasses? (Conqueror, Rigain, Skogul, etc.)

I’m not gamma, but yes, the hack is still being worked on, but he is currently taking a break from the project, so there won’t be anything soon. Also no, overclasses are not planned to be implemented in the hack.

This is really cool! Quick question, how did you expand the palette tables for each character? I see the villagers have one per class option. Is that something you used buildfile and asm for or can you do it in febuilder?

Hey - looks like this got answered in another thread but for anyone else curious I did release the asm/buildfile for: Battle Palette Rework

Also, thanks for the feedback Shrimperor and josxx. The next release will be on Gaiden’s anniversary (14 March) as with previous years and it’ll address as much of these points as possible.

A few things we’re aware of already:

• The Steel Lances in Celica’s last few maps are open for suggestions, they’re currently just a reference to that one quest for the merchant where you had to give him a bunch of Steel Lances to sell to Rigel.
  • The spring limit is going to be made finite (it was supposed to be in this release but something’s probably up with how I coded the save data for it)
  • Mage Ring and Triangle Attack aren’t fully implemented yet, since the beta cuts off right when Est joins and the Mage Ring normally drops in act 4. (Certain monsters can drop it in skirmishes/dungeons and I forgot to account for that whoops)
  • The custom AI for warping/summoning is a big pain and has already had to be pushed a few times due to complexity and lack of documentation. I have a stopgap solution for summon AI using events and might do something similar with witchwarp temporarily for the next release.
  • Atlas will likely get a buff too, to compensate for not having DF gains/looping or immediate bow access available to him here.
17 Likes

Thank you! You are doing amazing work!

I recommend giving the Beloved Zofia at Grief Citadel since that’s the old place where you promote Celica and Grief drops the gold mark necessary to forge it so, it kinda fits. EDIT: OH! I forgot about the Devil Axe, that could work too. I was thinking if you could maybe giveaway a Demon Ring on each route and have it be a Meti’s Tome on esteroids, that could be another idea.

Also, I noticed something funny. While doing a run with Faye as a mage, when she got to priestess lvl 12, she can promote to a DF? I was genuinely confused about that.

I am currently messing with codebreaker to try and break the game with at is current state. Is kinda funny how some weapons and magics work, like freeze for example: is just sleep with another name and a penalty to speed. The Saunion and Parthia really took a hit without their combat arts.

looks really cool, if i play it right now i’ll be able to use the same save file in future releases?

1 Like

Maybe not, in some releases in my case my save data got corrupted and i need to restart but is fun to revisit this hack

1 Like

Is this finished?

Please read the post before asking these types of questions.

1 Like

Sorry, but I can’t know when that post was updated for last time

Clicking the pencil in the top right of his post will tell you when the post was last updated. He also says when the latest release was within the post. As Relic said. Just read it.

1 Like

Sorry(again) I didn’t noticed that

1 Like

Will there be a need to max villagers before promoting, like post game super-dungeons or mid-game difficulty spikes? If grinding is allowed I usually max before promoting but the villager’s exp gain got slow after level 10.

Grinding is not necessary, the game’s designed to encourage and be playable when promoting soon after it becomes available. It uses the EXP formula from Echoes for this reason, which harshly cuts EXP gain after level 10. The Dread Fighter loop is in place if you’re dedicated enough to want to send someone through 7 tiers.

Alm Act 3 gets a slight difficulty bump, but base Python can still put in some serious work as late as Desaix fortress. There’s currently no plans for the Act 6 superdungeon at this time.

My philosophy with grinding is “if you’re willing to put in the time to make a juggernaut, the game should let you reap the benefits of that”, but it’s also intended to still be beatable on Normal without backtracking or repeating maps.

8 Likes

Thanks, I guess the same happens with learned magic so promoting when suggested doesn’t make you lose anything, good work with your hack it’s really cool!

1 Like

looks gorgeous owo

1 Like

Discovered a bug in Chapter 8. During the intro, Alm’s group wouldn’t show up in the cutscene. Has no effect on gameplay, but it still is a bug. They instead appeared off of the map behind the castle’s wall.