[FE8] Sacred Echoes [v1.1] [COMPLETE]

Just a heads up, it seems like Venno’s Passive Stat Boosts patch isn’t compatible with Circle’s skills patch, so if you decide to implement skills you’ll have to find a way around that.

Also just wanted to say I’m really looking forward to this project!

2 Likes

Please add an option to change the music I really liked Alms first battle track March of the Deliverance but not a big fan of the 2nd one

1 Like

Hey there! Would love to playtest this! Please add me :smiley: Chosokabe#7512

1 Like

Excuse me if it’s rude to ask, but is there a public version of the Cave Tileset used in the hack?
I’d like to use it for a project, if at all possible, and I would credit DerTheVaporeon for their work.

1 Like

@DerTheVaporeon

1 Like

It is. I just didn’t make a thread for my tilesets yet.

Can you swim?

1 Like

A few small quality of life updates regarding promotions:

Units that are eligible to promote now display a Mila statue by their name on the status screen, and (soon) a popup when they reach promotion level for their class.

I’m still trying to fix a weird error with a missing tile in the center of popups longer than a certain length, the cause of which is unknown - let me know if you’ve experienced anything similar.

11 Likes

Would it be possible to change the growth colors to one color. It is a small personal issue seeing all red for most characters. Or do u want to keep it like that

1 Like

The color is based on the growth’s value with red being bad and green being good. That said it was designed with GBAFE in mind which has higher growth values than Gaiden, hence everything seeming low and being displayed as red

2 Likes

The different color thresholds should be changeable, which may be a good idea.

1 Like

Now that holidays are over, I’ve been focusing mostly on finishing up the Act 1 maps and dialogue, and incorporating Teraspark’s staff/item/range reworks.

I’ve created a Discord server and added it to the OP - please join if you’re interested in playtesting or just following the progress of the hack!

9 Likes

The discord link expired. Can someone invite me, or post a permanent invite? Pinion#0132

This link should be permanent.

The first public release is now out in honor of Gaiden’s 27th anniversary! Check the OP for details.

17 Likes

Happy Birthday Gaiden and congrats on the release!

6 Likes

Congrats on the release, can’t wait to play this!

Ran into a bug. I have Kliff as a Mage and at some point in Chapter 4, he got a lance. And now that he has it, he can’t get rid of it.

Just wanted to say thanks. I’ve never played Echoes so this is fresh for me.
Having a ton of fun, and this pretty much instantly made my otherwise crappy week a good one.

1 Like

Hey @HyperGammaSpaces, really great job with the hack. It’s a technological marvel. Just some feedback with the music: you really need to have the bass line louder or more distinct in some of the Echoes/Gaiden tracks, as this is what makes the harmonic progression the clearest. I’d suggest taking advantage of the extra voices that the music patches give you. Can I offer my help in arranging some of the tracks? I’m looking to get my feet wet in VGM arranging and I’m fairly knowledgeable in music theory.

5 Likes

I found a glitch.

When you target an enemy with the B. Magic command from a 3 range and then you cancel the action the game freezes.

I guess this happens because the game looks for the Fire spell but it is unavailable in the selection screen due its range.

5 Likes