[FE8] Sacred Echoes [v1.1] [COMPLETE]

Does this mean the portraits can be F2U now?

Congrats on the full release!

2 Likes

Ok so iā€™m aware that thereā€™s a rise of deliverance gaiden out there but how do i unlock it?

2 Likes

How is iron man in this game? hard mode?

Can you play the game without any world map grinding in an iron man?

How to unlock the gaiden:

Promote Fernand to paladin before he leaves your team.

2 Likes

knowing gamma, probably not

Yes you should be able to beat the game with little to no grinding, even Hard Mode. Ironman is not inbuilt into the game.

Thank you!!

Is there any way to know if I updated correctly to 1.0? Anything I can check that 0.9 didnā€™t have?

Iā€™m not sure I patched everything right, I wanted to keep my save file data and it is the first time doing this so is there any way to know if I am on 1.0 version?

What gave you that idea, exactly? Have we ever spoken before?

I will release them once I have time to clean up my git repository, but I donā€™t appreciate comments like this. I want people to at least have time to enjoy the game as an experience first.

13 Likes

Thanks

Well shit, consider my balls small. I didnā€™t mean to sound rude, sorry. It just didnā€™t seem like you were ever going to upload them since Iā€™ve been following this project since act 1 was complete, I just havenā€™t posted here since then. Sorry if my comment came off as passive aggressive.

1 Like

@HyperGammaSpaces I had a really great time with this. Your additions, especially the supports, really added to my enjoyment. Sorry if I missed this in the readme, but how do I access the postgame units? Regardless, thanks for making the mod!

@GanymedeBB Hello. The postgame units have a ā€œgachaā€ system assigned to them where beating a Shrine map will, depending on the Luck stat of your leading lord, roll to possibly give you a unit. If your Luck stat lottery wins, a random postgame unit will join your roster. They have no death quotes and no supports (sans Fernand) and no announcement will be made upon their joining your party. Check your roster after every map clear.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Hi there. First i would like to say that the quality of this hack is amazing. I could be flattering the work you have done for quite a while, from the sprites and ui to the way you manage to tweak the mechanics of the original rom. The game is balanced (at least most than most AAA games this days), it looks amazing and it have practically no bugs, witch is crazy considering that how many things you manage to change from fe8. The amount of work put into this is simply outstanding. Thanks for the efforts to everyone involve.
That said i do found some odd things when i was playing it. Iā€™m not even sure if they are even bugs or if this is the proper channel to give feedback so let me know

First: there is some odd growth going on with est. I read in the topic that they were boofed in some updates, so maybe what i found is normal, but my est have 120% growth in Luck. If is intentional what means? That she have a chance to rise 2 points of luck per level?

Second Belkurā€™s Ring shows opaque when i equip it to any unit but the bonus still work, Is this intentional? like a reference to how the ring do not belong to the current wielder or is just a bug?

Anyway this are minorā€¦ things? If needed i can address pictures. They are probably not even bugs but i would like to precise just in case they are. Again thanks for the effort and sorry for any misspell or grammar error. As you could assume, English is not my native language.

2 Likes

The 120% luck growth means she will always gain 1 point and has a 20% chance to gain 2 points.

2 Likes

ok, thanks

This is intentional. The ring can be used - but only by a certain postgame unit. On all other units, you will receive a bonus upon equipping the ring like any other ring or shield, but cannot ā€œuseā€ the ring. Thatā€™s why itā€™s opaque.

1 Like

my guy, I literally created an account here on feuniverse to be able to tell you that this is the most insane thing Iā€™ve seen in my entire life. like, what the actual hell.

Iā€™ve never finished SoV on my 3DS (despite being a big fan of both the plot and the characters) becauseā€¦ honestly, I donā€™t really know. I guess I didnā€™t vibe with the actual art direction of the game, even though I thoroughly enjoyed most other things about it. itā€™s a different FE game for sure, but Iā€™ve always been weak for the pixelated style of the GBA games and since my very first Fire Emblem game was The Blazing Blade, this particular style is very close to my heart and nothing has come even close to topping the combat style of the GBA games in the series since then.

so, this project is like a dream to me. I canā€™t believe that I randomly stumbled upon it after seeing your reddit post about it, and I finally sat down and downloaded it today after feeling disappointed with Engage but had looked forward to playing a new Fire Emblem game, and I vaguely remember reading about this GBA demake of Shadows of Valentia that sounded coolā€¦ and now, here we are. Iā€™m literally three chapters in and Iā€™m losing my shit. this is so incredibly well-done, and I can tell that you guys have spent literal years working on this.

just wanted to say thank you for sharing this, itā€™s honestly one of the most incredible things Iā€™ve seen in the Fire Emblem fandom! when Iā€™ve finished it, Iā€™ll come back with some final thoughts and rant even more about how incredible it was. stay tuned!

8 Likes

First off, what an honour to be the primary reason you joined! I hope you have much fun here.

Secondly, I donā€™t know how far along you were in SOV, but do note in SE that some parts of the plot and characters have been rewritten to account for more agency for female units, especially later on. Itā€™s not a complete 1:1. Perhaps youā€™ll find the decisions of Gamma and myself to be ā€œbetterā€ than canon, maybe worse. In any case, I hope you still enjoy the game.

5 Likes