[FE8] Sacred Echoes [v1.1] [COMPLETE]

Support room is now at 93%, I’ve made some headway on the postgame map, and I’ve enlisted Snek to help with the final bugfixes. While we might not have this out on Dec 31 as planned, I feel good about saying v1.0 will be done within the first week of January.

23 Likes

Version 1.0 English is now released! :tada:

I wasn’t able to finish absolutely everything, but I am happy with where it’s at and I am ready to take a well-deserved break.

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to the project and supported me throughout the last ~4 or so years, and I hope you all enjoy the work of art we’ve created.

71 Likes

Congrats on the full release, you really deserve that break now, i already beated the game but i’m going to replay it again now.

2 Likes

Praying some team does this for Shadow Dragon one day too. This has a lot of love and quality in it, unmatched by many other rom hacks, honestly

2 Likes

Shadow dragon ? I think there’s already a remake for it. If I were to recommend anything then it would be either FE9 or FE10 remake. Those are some games that us phone players wish to play but can’t.

Seeing an Echoes remake in gba was a dream but now finally it’s a reality. HyperGammaSpaces and his team should be thanked for that.

1 Like

@ReturnOfTheBlackKnight Someone has already remade fe9 and fe10 in gba. [FE9-RE][Done!] [FE10-RE][Done]Rebuild FE9,10 in gba use FE8(Translation HIRING)

Yeah but it’s chinese and some balance issues (Music problem too). I guess, the only polished remake at the time is Sacred Echoes.

Very nice, ill get on this as soon as i am done with my current game, so many rom hacks to play before Engage!!! :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Is it better to promote early like SoV or should I level up my units more before promotion?

Damn good question! I inquire about this too.

The exp curve drops off hard after level 10, and promo gains bring you up to class bases. Promote early and often!

3 Likes

cool, thanks for the answer!

1 Like

@HyperGammaSpaces

Got 3 Qs about this hack!

1- Is there a DLC exp map substitute for farming exp to 20 like in the vanilla game?

2- Is there a DLC items map substitute where we can farm the growth rates gems to get max stats??

3- Or was this hack made with NO DLC in mind at all?

ty

Late act 4 has a map where several Entombeds spawn that can be used to level grind. Statboosters also have a small % chance of dropping from the chests there.
Growth rate gems are not in the game. Neither are overclasses.
Cipher units are available in postgame.
Additional supports from, plus one gaiden chapter inspired by, Rise of the Deliverance are in.

5 Likes

@HyperGammaSpaces Thanks for this Amazing high quality romhack!!

This was such a great experience to play, loved how u made evrything work so well, my only gripe would be that Hard mode isnt Hard enough, it felt like normal mode!

Good luck on ur next project! :ok_hand:t6:

4 Likes

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

I also just uploaded a minor fix for Fernand’s supports not appearing in the support room.

3 Likes

Ey, I started playing this hacks today and im loving it!

I just wanted to mention something weird i found, its about Berkut sprite, it looks like there is some weird cloyster of Outline color on his hair, and im pretty sure it shouldnt look like that.

Sacred Echoes_1673448986916

Its near his ear.

Also, Desaix fleed, i still have a chance to get the shield?

Very stoked to play this again. Haven’t had a chance to do a run in a few years. Looking forward to the Forscythe once more :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

its supposed to be his circlet thing

5 Likes

Oh, i see, thanks for the aclaration xD