Latest Release: 2022-10-15 | Content Rating: 13+ (mild language, suggestive themes, alcohol)
Sacred Echoes (until I think of a better title) is a demake of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for the GBA. This public release covers all of Shadows of Valentia’s 5 story acts, with 46 story maps, 1 gaiden chapter, and 8 repeatable maps. Some things are still in progress, but the latest release should address most of the remaining bugs.
The 2022-10-15 release is playable from start to finish. Aside from bugfixes, balancing, wishlist patches, some support writing, and postgame content, the game is nearly complete.
- The Gaiden/Echoes magic system, where spells are learned by level-up, are accessible through the B.Magic or W.Magic menu, and cost HP to cast.
- Various mechanics tweaks to mirror Echoes and Gaiden’s combat system, including the EXP formula.
- Different maps and objectives from the source games.
- Weapon Triangle applies to equippable weapons and can be one-sided. Think carefully about how to approach WTA and WTD!
- Branching promotions for the Villager classes, with 5 possible class options for each. (Faye now has access to the Archer line.)
- 3rd tier classes, with expanded caps allowing stats to reach 40. The dread fighter → villager loop is also included. Female sages can now promote into female dread fighters and take part in the loop as well.
- A functional world map that can be explored, just like in the originals.
- Still CGs adapted from Echoes
- Additional units to fill gaps in the Echoes roster (a Thief and an axe user)
- Sacred Springs allowing units to gain experience, stat boosts, or even revive dead units.
- Casual/Classic mode split.
- All-new GBA remixes of Gaiden and Echoes soundtrack.
- Various UI improvements.
- Available in both English and Spanish.
This is not a complete release, so there are a few bugs which had to be deprioritized. Everything we surfaced that could be potentially game-breaking has been covered, but there may still be some we aren’t aware of.
- The game has only been balanced for Normal mode (hard mode results may vary). Act 4 and 5 gameplay needs feedback and further balancing. We are currently looking for help with gameplay design for Hard mode.
- Some support conversations have been implemented while others are still placeholders. We are now at over 80% completion!
- Some issues have been reported with Rewarp.
- Circleseverywhere’s Modular Stat Screens, Custom Spell Animation Engine and everything2ea modules
- macplustrees’ base-stat promotion gains
- Teraspark’s staff/item range rework
- Stan’s Movement Skills
- laqieer’s world map installation utilities
- Huichelaar’s world map flags upgrades
- Assorted small tweaks and patches by Stan, Tequila, Crazycolorz5, Vennobennu, Leonarth, 7743 and aera
- Extra shout out to Stan and Snakey1 for finally squashing the remaining bugs in the magic system!
- Music hacking utilities by Sme and Alusq
- Music arrangements based on Echoes OST and on Gaiden MIDI remixes by 雨原
- “Lord of a Dead Empire” arrangement by Mycahel
- “What Lies at the End” sheet music by TorbyBrand on Musescore
- “Revelations” sheet music by hinaflower on Musescore
- Title theme sheet music by Spencer Riffle on Musescore
- “Heritors of Arcadia” by bigyihsuan on MuseScore
- “Omen”, “Preparations (Deliverance)”, “Preparations (Pilgrimage)”, “Pride and Arrogance”, “The Scions’ Dance in Purgatory”, and “A Distant Promise” by Uzel and The_Burger_King_420
- NGMansion for original save expansion patch; Stan for Expanded Modular Save and Tequila for Convoy Split
- Jedah, Dragon Duma and Rodney by L95
- Zopyrus by RandomWizard and Levin64
- Xaizor by epicer
- all others by hypergammaspaces or IS
- Battle Animations:
- Duma by Nuramon and L95
- Alm (T1+T2), Villagers, Snipers, Pirate (F), Dread Fighter, Vestal, Nuibaba, Arcanist, Cantor, Jedah, Wyvern Lord, Gold Knight and Cape General by Nura
- Pirate (M) Repalette by Wan
- Berserker (M) by BwdYeti
- Berserker (F) by serif, eCut, Skitty, and Pikmin1211
- Soldier by flasuban, Leo_Link, Nuramon
- Mercenary and Armor Knight by Team SALVAGED
- Caped Baron by Iscaneus, Nuramon and Leo_Link
- Cleric by Eldritch Abomination and Flasuban
- Saint by Melia
- Bishop and Thief repalettes by Eldritch Abomination
- Myrmidon/Hero by Wan and Zane with sword by Nuramon
- Cavaliers by Team SALVAGED and Flasuban
- Paladins by Team SALVAGED (female edit by me) - Intro anim referencing VictorPoderoux’s Titania edit
- Improved Brigand by flasuban
- Rogue Repalette by Pikmin1211, Maiser6, Ukelele, SD9k, Temp, Black Mage and Wan
- Mage (M) by Leo_Link, L95 and Flasuban
- Mage (F) by hypergammaspaces and Obsidian_Daddy
- Sage (M) by Greentea and Ruby
- Priestess by hypergammaspaces and Jono the Red
- Bow Knight by Spud
- Celica (Promoted and Unpromoted) by RedBean
- Shaman Staff by Temp and Shin19
- Archers by DerTheVaporeon
- Woodcutter and Axeman by Leo_Link
- Barbarian by Orihara_Saki (Bow edit by me)
- Pegasus Knight by OreoStyx
- Falcoknight by TBA
- Wyvern Rider by flasuban and eCut
- Dracoknight repalette by Feaw and St jack
- Fiend (Generic King by Huichelaar, DerTheVaporeon, L95 and Pikmin1211)
- Deathgoyle by Teraspark and L95
- Map sprites and class cards by flasuban, Tordo45, SkidMarc25, Leif, TAS20XX, Alusq, Melia, Nura, Pikmin1211, WarPath, Seal, L95, StreetHero, Snewping, MeatOfJustice, DerTheVaporeon, FEier, and Team SALVAGED
- Battle palettes by Hypergammaspaces and Dancer_A
- LordGlenn’s Cipher icons for weapon ranks, weapon icons for Regalia weapons
- Cardcafe’s Echoes item icons and FEier’s Weapon icons, Dark magic icons by epicer and ilmoro
- New support writing contributed by Meadows, Flare, Ese, and CaptinSpike
- Meadows: Alm/Tobin, Alm/Gray, Kliff/Gray, Kliff/Silque, Tobin/Clair, Tobin/Faye, Silque/Tatiana, Valbar/Deen, Valbar/Kamui, Mae/Est, Boey/Nomah
- Ese: Alm/Celica, Alm/Kliff, Alm/Faye, Alm/Mycen, Celica/Boey, Celica/Genny, Celica/Saber, Gray/Acantha, Tobin/Gray, Tobin/Clair, Tobin/Kliff, Silque/Jesse, Python/Acantha, Kamui/Hyas, Atlas/Hyas, Palla/Hyas, Boey/Conrad
- CaptinSpike: Saber/Sonya C and B, assorted boss conversations
- Flare: Clive/Mathilda B and A
- Pearl for boss conversations in Chapter 16A
- Snakey1’s REDA helpers, Support rework, MSS fixes and event cleanup
- RandomWizard for boss conversations and text formatting help, and “The Siege” map
- Levin64 and Tea for story writing assistance and English proofreading
- The_Burger_King_420, Uzel, and ilmoro for Spanish translation
- marc_ and luciel for Spanish proofreading
- Pikmin1211 for eventing and enemy placement on “The Warship”, “Zofia Harbor”, “Invaders Descend” and “The Siege”
- ZoramineFae for “The Warship” map
- Pandan for Fear Mountain map
- KrashBoomBang for “Unholy Blade”, “Shattered Earth” and Sylvan Shrine map
- Frigid for “Heir of Disgrace”, “Maiden of Darkness” and “Breaking the Chains” maps
- Dancer_A for Grieth’s Citadel and Nuibaba’s Abode maps, boss conversations
- Sme for TrapRework and assistance with summoner AI
- Vennobennu’s Improved FE8 Boat/Village Tileset
- DerTheVaporeon’s improved cave tileset
- Improved Stronghold tileset by ZoramineFae, flasuban, and N426
- Western Isles Extended tileset and additional bridge tiles for Fields by WAve
Please let me know if I missed anyone.
Patch (Act 5 English, Act 3 Spanish): Dropbox - Sacred Echoes - Simplify your life
Server link: Sacred Echoes