[FE8] Sacred Echoes [v1.1] [COMPLETE]

Is this masterpiece complete?

No, not yet. You can play it up until act 3 currently, though, and acts 4 and 5 will come eventually. A completed hack would generally be marked by having “[COMPLETE]” in the title or something similar to that.

Personally glad that this is available in Spanish too, as a Mexican ¡Muchas gracias!

Is there any plans to complete this game? It’s looking pretty good right now.

Yes I’m pretty sure gamma intends to finish the project.

Would 44 chapters be the largest hacks size-wise? The fact that 28 are already complete is already quite the accomplishment! Gonna try this one out once I get my setup back up and running.

it is definitely admirable, as for the largest hack, I believe it’s the heroes remake

Anyway, this hack is really cool, love all the custom UI, it really makes it feel like an official remake, very excited to see further updates!

1 Like

Someone please tell me how to Beat Desaix in act 1😭

You can’t. He will leave as soon as you kill the paladin guy, so you can seize the throne.

But you can kill him in Echoes and Gaiden. How else do you get the DracoShield off of him?

Seeing as Desaix doesn’t move off of the Throne and there’s no way to get him off the throne, is it impossible to kill him in this Version?

Try stealing it I guess. Killing him is probably possible, although you’d need to kill him before paladin guy

I’ve been in this stand off for 20 turns tryna kill him🤣

Aight, ive solved my problem🤣 i forgot that thieves can steal items

2 Likes

Bait Slyder to some corner, steal the shield, Alm him.

Not sure if this is a bug, but Acantha can’t steal the Torch off the Brigand in the shield mercenary chapter. Am I doing something wrong? I tried lowering his health, emptying out her inventory, still no dice.

You’re correct, this was a bug. Thanks for reporting, I’ve just confirmed and fixed it and it’ll be in the next update.

1 Like

I mean - I was able to take him down, although it is also true that by the time, i was already with some second promotions, such as Baron Lukas.

Hey; amazing hack, loving all the systems that you’ve put in place to make it very similar to the Echoes experience. Really stunning how you’ve made it work so well.

This is just a question, but has an Acantha/Silque A support been made? I am trying to get them supported (loving the interactions between them) and reached B rank, but sometime through it, the hearts became essentially 1 sided? Acantha can’t get support hearts with Silque even when they battle near each other, and Silque healing Acantha will only pop a support heart above Silque.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thank you!

The support does exist and is in the game, but the system works similar to SoV, in which certain supports are locked behind story advancement. I’ll double-check to make sure the points increases are working as intended, but it is intended behavior for certain supports to pause support point gains until the next story act.

Hi, is it possible to continue my previous save files from previous patch versions to the latest patch version?

Thanks in advance!

Any save from 2020 or earlier won’t be compatible with patch versions from 2021 or later, due to how I had to restructure the save data to allow for more world map locations to build Act 3 with.

The good news is, saves from any version released on or after 2021/03/14 should be compatible with all latest patch versions (though some minor things like pre-ranked supports, minor changes to unit base stats and weapon ranks, etc. might be affected depending on how old the save is). I don’t have any upcoming changes that would break compatibility, either.

Speaking of upcoming changes… Act 4 has pretty significant progress, with mapping and preliminary eventing done for all but one location, as well as tons of graphical updates, music enhancements, bugfixes, and extra story content. At this point I can pretty well guarantee that Act 4 will be ready by the annual March release date (which is also Gaiden’s 30th anniversary!). That leaves only Act 5, the grand finale… :eyes:

24 Likes

This hack is great but I noticed something. That skill of saints that summons allies is so op. It’s good but it destroy the fun of grind. It needs a nerf. Make its stats like that of phantoms which is strong but not so hard to kill.