[FE8] Removing the Route Split

Now I know this seems like a niche thing, and it’s probably been answered before, but I like to mess in FEBuilder and make dumb stuff sometimes, and one of those dumb things is being made now. So my question is just, “how to remove the route split.” If it’s possible… which I think it is. Please, anyone, let me know if it’s possible and how to do it.

It’s an event after you beat uhh Waterside Renvall? Should be easy to find. Might be in world map events. If you delete a few lines in particular or add a GOTO command it will do a specific route. If you find it and screeny it I can tell you how to edit it to go to the route you want. Feb debugger shows active event and can skip to x chapter, so it should be easy to find.

If you’re making a hack without world map, use mnc2 fix disable world map and always use mmc2 at the end of chapters.

If you are using the world map then you need to account for world map events and nodes yourself.

It’s like this or something, right?

Yes. If copies the result to mem slot 2 and branches based on it.

So how do you disable it? Is it as easy as disabling the textbox or is it something more like it disables one of the options?

Your screeny cut off the important stuff at the bottom so I don’t know.

But yes it is basically just delete the commands from where you screenied until some point.

I want to make sure I don’t screw any of this up so does this help more? Or is it something even further down?

If you replace the 2nd line where mem slot C is copied into s2 with SVAL s2 0 or SVAL s2 1 it will make it always do the corresponding route. I dunno which is which because it is cut off in your image and I can’t be bothered going on my pc right now.

You may also wish to delete the dialogue / route split menu related to this choice.

Oi, apologies for being over a year late on this, I don’t get much time to work on this anymore.

I’ve got a screenshot here, not sure if it’s big enough here, but is this good? I just wanna make sure I didn’t waste your time here lol
Screenshot (1539)

Testing it yourself would be much faster than asking and waiting for answers.
So what exactly do you want to do? If all you want is to force starting a specific route, just delete everything starting from the “Eirika and Ephraim will now part ways” text command, and add commands to go to the route you want.
Use the “change edition” patch to change the route, MNCH to choose which chapter to move to, and REMU if you want to hide units from the party.

Oh, sorry, I just wanted to make sure I didn’t screw anything up. I just don’t really know how to do all this event editing stuff, so I was just hoping to get some help on how to work it. The route split seems like the most complicated to work.

Oh, but yes, I’m just trying to make it so that the game will only do the Eirika route.