(Tactile 7.1.2) FE8 Remade, Release V4.1 (Both Routes Complete) Bad + Good news (Cancelled) Now with Game Modes

Hello everyone the time is finally now for Release V4.1, A Graphic overhaul has happened and that’s pretty much it.

Credits and changelogs are in the download file. If this is your first time playing a Tactile Engine game, then make sure to go and get Fe7x and download the needed stuff to play it. (I will also post the latest versions changelogs on the post) Fire Emblem: Immortal Sword | Downloads

If you find bugs please report them, I don’t find every single one sadly.

Normal mode = Sacred Stones Hard (Enemies will be a bit tougher)
Hard Mode = Sacred Stones Hard + 15% Enemy Growths
Lunatic Mode = Sacred Stones Hard + 30% Enemy Growths (Not Yet Implemented)

Before playing I high suggest reading the notepads in the folder, they are useful and tell you if anything needs to be steered clear of. Especially when going to Ephraims route, Read the “Things to note” Text document It’s 100% necessary.

I’m sad to say I will not be working on this anymore, I kept losing interest slowly and slowly and the feeling just went away. I don’t bring just bad news though, The game folder will now be released and I will be starting my next project and A lot better planning on my part. (This remake had terrible planning and a bunch of newbie mistakes, I guess that’s what happens when you do you’re first game) Hope yall enjoy and what not. Everything in this that was “made” is free to use, mostly graphic stuff anyways. If you’re wanting to playtest my next project, let me know.

v * New Please Read * v

I know I said I was done but I made some fun quick Game Modes. 0% Growths, Negative Growths and Enemy Control. Due to a lack of planning and just doing you sadly have to download all 3 but you can just delete them if you don’t want them.

Downloads

Download: Version 4.1

Game Folder: [Folder]
(2.23 GB file on MEGA)

Game Modes: [Game Modes] (Still on Tactile version 7.1.2)
(1.28 GB file on MEGA)

Everything that still needs to be done / Credits / Things to Note

Documents: ETC

A huge thanks to these people, without them this wouldn’t be possible.

Credits

BwdYeti & The Tactile Team
7743 for FEBuilder
Dancer_A
InvdrZim13
Klockinator

There’s a special thing in the ending credits :]

I have made a discord for this server, feel free to join. I respond faster on there than I do here.

Discord: Discord

Changelog for V4.1
  • Fixed some bugs
  • Various things have new graphics
  • Graphic options 2, 3 and 4 have been implemented
  • The spear in Ephraims javelin animation now shows up actually throwing it
Pictures

FE_8_Remake_0000
FE_8_Remake_0001
FE_8_Remake_0002
FE_8_Remake_0003
FE_8_Remake_0000
FE_8_Remake_0001
FE_8_Remake_0004
FE_8_Remake_0005
map nodes
FE_8_Remake_0002

10 Likes

Very cool concept. Expanding trainees is definitely a must. Will you include the traversable map or have the arena battle thing at base?

Hello! Not sure if FE8 in Tactile is really necessary, but if you do go through with it, I have some comments on your polls.

I chose the option against being able to unequip because I’m assuming that means no auto-equip.

I am personally very against growth stat labels because you can just check growth rates instead. Average-based labels make much more sense.

Adding new trainee classes and updating animations may enhance or ruin the experience depending on which units and animations are chosen. In my opinion, I would conduct a poll and set a very high bar to be approved (like 80% or so in favour) assuming enough people participated.

When I read “include more droppables/stealables,” I was all for it, but then in the options you talked about rings and afa’s drops which I would probably not want more of. Maybe just one more in the whole game.

I wish you good luck with the project!

Oooh, I am interested in the poll results.

Always looking for new formulas/patterns to use.

Tactile is C#/XNA, no?

@Kliss88 Thank you, the traversable map / tower / ruins was something I don’t know if I can really do, tower / ruins I have an idea, however moving around the map and being able to buy items from said chapter would be out of my reach and i’m not to sure it’s possible to do. The arena at base is a thing i’m not to familiar with and it seems like there’s no option to do to it on the editor, I think it requires coding and I have no experience with that, sorry.

@ChivesKirk Idk, it’s just something I thought would be cool. The option to unequip is the the same as radiant dawns unequip. Yeah makes sense, I guess I kinda wasn’t thinking about that, If Hp inflation and stat distribution is voted in favor for I will most likely keep it and if it doesn’t I can can switch over to Averages. Will do! when I get to a map with a character I think should be a trainee, I will do a poll, as for the animations, I was thinking of not going over board with it, only a few classes get updated, or if they get complained about to much I can always revert it. Yeah makes sense I always could do more droppables and have just put items on them, but I felt like vanilla sacred stones kinda tossed a lot of items at ya already, but I will add the option to the vote. Thank you very much!

@copywright I am very sure it’s in C# or atleast the one I put it to.

1 Like

If the equipping/unequipping system is like it is in Radiant Dawn, does this mean that staves give passive healing or buffs if equipped?

It doesn’t, what I was referring to was if you unequip a weapon and get attacked, it will not auto equip a weapon to counter until you press equip on a weapon.

Is this one similar to the Gregorian calendar?

lol, I didn’t know what it was called when you put specific dates in front of others, like by “American calendar” I meant Month/Day/Year.

Ah, I get it now.

Ah ok. I know in FE7X there is a limited training thing at base. I thought they had that in Tactile but now I’ll have to look into how to create it lol

Yeah, If I knew how to make it I would have done a poll to put it in. however If at some point you figure it out you can msg me and show me how to do it and I’ll be more than happy to do a poll on it.

@Kliss88
Training is an FE7x exclusive feature, the public release tactile won’t be supporting it

@Ryn Traversable world map is something that I believe (do not quote me on this) is planned for later stages of tactile, but not any time soon, so I would just work around this for the time being.

Ah ok and yeah I was just gonna try to import the map from 8 then set the spots where they were in that game.

1 Like

Ah darn. I really liked that feature but I can understand wanting to keep that as a special feature in your own game.

Progress is being made, this is by no means dead. I have made some quick pictures in the OP. Sadly there isn’t much in the way of gameplay quite yet, but some cool inserts I hope yall enjoy.

Edit: 2 more pics as of 4/7/21

Edit 2: Development is slow but surely happening, I have posted 3 new Pictures in the OP. The Demo is gonna come pretty quickly if I don’t have anymore super tedious things to implement. As of 5/31/21

Edit 3: I’m just gonna make it on this one from now on. A bump because V2.0 was released.

4 Likes

Poll time, this poll is for how I plan to do the next update. Will be taken down in a week.

• Make Eirikas’ route first then release it.
  • Release both routes at the same time.

0 voters

Hopefully this will fill in gaps between updates, next will be up to Chapter 15.

Next update will be Eirikas’ route on chapter 15. (V2.5)
V3.0 will be with Ephraims update to chapter 15.

1 Like

Version 2.5 Bump :slight_smile:

Also

• Screw it, complete the game and finish Eirika’s route.
  • Follow up with the plan and release Ephraim’s route chapter 15 next.

0 voters

It is decided that I make the rest of Eirika’s route, so the next update will be just that.

3 Likes

Woooo Eirika’s route is now complete, next update will focus on polishing the game and then after that will be Ephraims route and then the 2 dungeons and Melkaen Coast. Hope you enjoy :smiley:

1 Like

So fast!