[FE8] "Project 0337: REX6" [vBETA 5.84.0 (Ch1-Ch20x | All Routes)] [Discord available]

Right now, it has five playable chapter, from chapter 1 until chapter 5; but with the worst AI (only in the enemies).

2 Likes

Ch.6:

It will be necessary to recreate this, but IDK how to do that. (The squares pink and blue).
I tried a lot of things and nothing works. All other things are ready how the start event, the end event, chests, and doors.

1 Like

If we ignore the previous problems with the six chapter, that chapter is complete; also the chapter seven.

1 Like

Double chapter finished, chapter 8 and 8x.

Now I will work in the chapter 9.

4 Likes

So then that’s not a port. First finish a vanilla port and then add those things after you are done.

Friend, that idea was deleted. Right now I’m working in a Vanilla Port. Maybe I retake the idea in a possible Plus version.

Hey this is awesome! My opinion is: it is great that you add stuff. If anybody want to play the vanilla version, well, that already exist, they are free to play it FE6 the way it is. If you are adding stuff taking advantage of FE8, go on, why not?

For now, I only leave things that previously were added in vanilla how Promotion Branch

2 Likes

No that’s not the thing. The Port would be useful to apply SS exclusive Hacks to Vanilla Fe6. Let’s Say skill systems ain’t patchable in FE6. So we would need a exact copy of FE6 but on Fe8’s Engine so that Fe8 ASM could be used.

1 Like

I’m trying to create an exact copy, for now, is going well.

1 Like

I needed it, because “Cath (Blinks)” created by Shin19, was not working, the mouth movement no stop of flickering in FEB; then I had to edit “Cath (FE8 Colors)” by unknown artist (the folder in the Repository no have artist) for add the blink eyes.
Original Credits: Unknown, Shin19.
Cath

1 Like

Right now, I have some notices would like give you.

• Thanks @Markex133 for help me with with quotes from villages and houses from chapter 1 to chapter 8.

• The Chapter 6 now is completly finished.

• Besides the Chapter 9 is finished.

• I need a person what could help me set a good AI all enemys from chapter 1 to chapter 9 (including chapter 8x). (If you want help me with this, join you to server of Discord and say me that you want help me with the AI)

2 Likes

Time ago a person offered to work with the AI, so we need people that are interested in try the actual progress. If you want to try our first patch join our Discord Server.

1 Like

Hello people, in the last few days I was working on this little project; and now, I finished route A of West Isles. Late I will finish route B and work with chapters 12 and 12x.

And I have to request your help, as you can see in the next image I have some jobs for the guys from the Discord server. But for now, if you don’t want join to Discord server, please help me with the next things:

• Search Villages/Houses Quotes
  • Search Boss Battle Quotes

Finally, for this last one, you’ll have to join the Discord server to be Beta Tester and this way check all things and avoid errors & bugs.

PD: I set the image for the Discord server.
RE6

3 Likes

Alright. Good to see this ain’t dead.

1 Like

I’ve been a little busy; I have some school stuff to do, and besides RE7 is the priority.

Now I’ll share with you some fun facts, only for fun.

Fun Fact 1:

Like You know the “True Final Boss” uses some variations for her attack one is with her Claws and another is with her Breath; I’m sure this is decided in FE6 with code, but for me will be a disaster understand all that then I created a solution for this.

• First I created two classes for “Dark Dragon”.

• Later I changed the pointer for battle animations.

• And in each pointer have a different battle animation one with claws and the other with breath
    (86=Claws & Tail)
    (87=Breath).

But now you’re asking yourself, How I’ll change this into the game?
Simple, with the next Event, is executing all the time in the player turns (1~255):

• Here the game calculates two numbers “Zero” or “One” if it’s 1 the game changes to attack with Breath but when it’s 0 changes to attack with the Claws and Tail.
Fun Fact 2:

I hate Cath, why? Her recruitment event is truly confusing.

• First checks if the “Cath’s 3rd Flag” is OFF for start with the event; when is ON the game omits this event I did this of this way because Cath appears in some chapters and later you could talk with her, I don’t want that.

• Later of the previous thing the game checks if the “Cath’s 1st Flag” is ON; when it’s true does the dark red square, but when it’s false does the pink square.
    [Pink Square] Sets the first Flag.
    [Dark Red Square] Checks the second Flag

• If it’s On the first flag, the game checks if it’s ON the second flag.
    When it’s true does the green square where Cath finally joins us and actives the third flag, but when it’s false sets the second flag.

4 Likes

For some technical reasons, I will remove three supports of the ten supports of Roy, that’s because in FE8 you only can have seven; then I will remove: Lance, Allen, and Cecilia.

My reasons for removing each support
:warning: This could be sensitive content :warning:

Info

Allen and Lance: They do not have a special relationship with Roy (at least for me), in opposed case Wolt’s is like a brother for Roy meanwhile Allan and Lance only are like castle’s cavaliers.

Cecilia: Cecilia’s an “Adult” and Roy is an “Adolscente?” this for me is a little weird, when they’re partners.

Any trouble with this says me.

1 Like

While its true that Alan and Lance are not that important, they are way more important to roy than Shanna, Sue, Sophia or Lalum are when they first meet. Allen and Lance are essentially his two retainers who have been with him since the start, while he has no real connection to the four girls apart from a paired ending at the end. Cecilia is Roys teacher and actually talks to him over the course of the story.

That aside there is an actual gameplay side to be considered here, Alan and Lance join early, have a quickly growing support for FE6 standards, and give nice bonuses. Alan / Roy are both fire affinity, which means they get the best possible stat bonuses from supports. While the bonuses from the 4 girls supports are obviously nice, they are so slow that by the time you reach them you will probably be at endgame, seeing how FE6 has a limit of 120 Support points per chapter for all characters combined, meaning if you’re accidentally placing wade and lot next to each other, without planning to use them, they are taking away other characters possible support points.

3 Likes

You, what supports recommend you remove for Roy?
And any could say what supports I remove of Lilina?