[FE8] Prologue Softlock

When attempting to move the protagonist in the prologue, the game will softlock. The character will move, but no menu will appear and pressing B does nothing. The music still plays and the enemies still go through their idle animations. Warping to other chapters reveals this happens when attempting to move any character.

I really have no idea what could be causing this or how to fix it. I’ve found a 3 year old thread talking about the same problem, but in that case they were exclusively using Event Assembler, whereas I haven’t used it once on this ROM yet. Has anyone ran into this same issue before?

This sounds like the usability routine for one of your unit menu options is broken. If any of these routines encounter an infinite loop, then as soon as it tries to open the unit menu, the game will softlock.

There is no way for us to know which unit menu routine in particular is broken without you sending the data.

Please send a report7z on the febuildergba thread or in #febuilder_help on discord.
https://dw.ngmansion.xyz/doku.php?id=en:guide:febuildergba:report7z