[FE8] Project Rock: Yet Another FE8 Rebalance

hello everyone! my names phoebe, but you can just call me bee. throughout the past year ive decided to get into romhacking, and i figured the easiest way to start would be to make a simple fe8 rebalance, at first, nothing special. over time, its evolved into something somewhat along those lines, while adding in some interesting things into the mix. thanks to the help of some of my friends, im proud to announce that FE8: Project Rock is finally done!
(i apologize ahead of time if this post is improperly formatted, ive never made a post on a site like this)

FEATURES:
-stat altering rings: (ex: knight ring +2def/-2spd) that can be freely traded around your units
-new units: a handful of new units to add to the small pool that is fe8’s cast.
-new weapons: from prfs that give units funny/useful niches, to simple swords that give +3 defense, part of the fun of this hack (to me, anyway) is the new collection of tools to play with.
-lack of split promo: fe8s split promo is pretty useless all things considered, and for the sake of balancing units and weapon types (like knights losing bows if they went to great knight), ive done away with split promos
-actually good promo bonuses: no more glorified levelup!
-small class changes/new character balance: from bow knight forde to wolf/sedgar inspired garcia, these changes shift fe8’s meta greatly while keeping some things fairly samey (gerik is still good)

NOTES:
-this is not a difficulty hack, although i do believe it should be harder than vanilla FE8.
-this initial patch is more of a public playtesting patch. the game is fully playable thru EIRIKA ROUTE ONLY!
-any and all advice is welcome and will be taken into consideration for future patches
-im aware of a few graphical glitches & dummy weapon descriptions, i wanted to roll out a fully playable rom even if there is a little bit of graphical crust which will be cleaned up in the future

Credits

FE8: PROJECT ROCK CREDITS

febuilder: 7743
stat screen: made by circles
bow cav map anims: flasuban
heavy cav map anims: team salvaged
peg sword map anims: sephie
cav/heavy cav battle anims: team salvaged
bow cav battle anims: Pikmin1211, Maiser6, eCut
soldier battle anims: dinar
assassin bow + ponytail: kek_krebs, beccarte, sd9k
ranger battle anims: leo_link
f.merc battle anims: TBA (tweaked by sdaht)
f.hero battle anims: nuramon
gerrik hero battle anims: nuramon
knight w/ bow battle anims:IS, TBA, Orihara_Saki, vilk
general w/ bow battle anims: TBA
peg sword battle anims: IS, MK404, MakeFEGayer
nate portrait: laurentlacroix
lass portrait: levin64
marty portrait: L95
blue franz: sdaht + halbreadier + dainn
zethla portrait: L95
other portrait + battle anim recolors: me/dainn strike of gungnir
weapon icons: beansy, gabriel knight, zarg
blue water blue skies theme: meatofjustice
overall help for playtesting and like everything: dainn strike of gungnir, zantisagod

LINK TO THE PATCH BELOW
have fun :]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XVpd7BOBrsZs7r8-SBs1xby-B2ZPBTvR/view?usp=sharing

join the discord to show bug reports/balance ideas

24 Likes

this hack is so cool bee u r so talented <3

2 Likes

this hack is so cool bias u r so talented <3

2 Likes

1 Like

bow knight forde :eyes:

1 Like

Wow! What a cool hack! You’re so talented!

this hack is so cool phoebe u r so talented <3

1 Like

3 Likes

<3 talented so r u bee cool so is hack this

3 Likes

guys idk if you’re memeing or smth but please keep the spam down :sob:

8 Likes

I like the idea. Always fun to tweak FE8 with the tools in Editor.

Are you intending it to be a tweaked normal mode run with more options, or is it geared toward something like a hard mode, iron man type of run?

Also, some food for thought- ranged swords go a long way toward helping characters like elrika and joshua keep through promotion/end game

2 Likes

i have added in more characters to make the game more ironman friendly, though i cannot say it has the difficulty to accompany that (though time will tell what others think about it)

as for long ranged swords, eirika has a personal one, and there is a light brand obtainable in ch7, and i plan on adding others as well

3 Likes

Sweet! well good luck with the initial release then. I look forward to giving it a play-through in the future
And, I’m sure you picked up on this already, but be sure to credit anyone’s mugs and animation you use from the repository

ive done all the credits for the assets ive used, & thank you for ur support! i plan on releasing that patch latest within the week

1 Like

Looks super cool! Love the Forde Bow Knight, also the different stat screen is a welcomed addition. Can’t wait to try this out!

This hack looks fire. You’re so talented mate

patch released! i edited it onto the main post, as well as the link to the discord server. please let me know what you guys think, and thanks so much for waiting!

6 Likes

is franz in this game

1 Like

no, franz has been removed, and found dead in the streets of miami

3 Likes

Who is Franz? Never heard of him.

1 Like