[FE8] "P-0337: REX6" [COMPLETED] (Discord available)

Old Post

I have a little idea, I started to do Fire Emblem 6 in Fire Emblem 8, which I will do while I’m not working in RE7. I didn’t care about it and decided to start attempting to port FE6 with more knowledge thanks to my work on RE7. It’s obvious, but I’m using the FE8 Engine.

Here in the following list, I leave you the Demo patch a Public Beta, and last but not least the link to Discord.

If you want to help me anyway, join the Discord Server

Patch

Screenshots

NEW POST
This is a project restart since 0, I copied a lot of events from FE6 to be
more faithful with this hack. Also, I want thanks to @Merpin who helped me with some
events, overall with the most difficult and some of the traps in Gaiden chapters.
title screen

I’m excited to notify you of the new version with all of the following:

• Full story: from a prologue (tutorial map) to the Final Chapter
  • All characters
  • All maps
  • All traps (only left the wall spears but that is impossible)
  • A traversable world map (All nodes and roads, and with a little surprise)
  • All characters
  • All gaidens and their requirements
  • The requirements for the true ending are implemented
  • The finals of all characters are included (short and long)
  • Two triangle attacks
  • Binding Blade recovers live (vulnerary)
  • Multi S-Rank weapons

Screenshots / Pictures
(In progress)

Download Link
(we’re fixing some issues before the public launch, but you can help us by joining us on the Discord Server)

Discord

My stupid Ideas for “REX6: Remastered”
Let us look at some ideas for it; first What is?
This is the new name for the version called RE6+; in this version, I want to add some ideas for improving the game like a Redux version. Ok, now we go to see those Ideas:

Roy with multiple Classes
  1. Lord. This class is Roy’s starting class.
  2. Master Lord. A second class for Roy, because he could be used for more time in the Game.
  3. Prince/Legend. The last promotion is close to the end when you get the Binding Blade.

I want all to be infantry classes, and maybe each one adds a new weapon or ability.

Lilina and Guinevere with new classes
  1. Lady. A magic class very similar to the female Mage.
  2. Princess. Promotion of Lady class with more use of magic and staff.
  3. Queen. A type of “Archmage” with the use of all magic and staff.
For these first changes maybe I need to think of names for the classes.
Wendy turning her in a Recruit According to the story, Bors is surprised when he looks at Wendy with armor, and Wendy is chosen as Ostian cavalier.
Change character portraits to see grown-up to they

Another simple change is the greatest part of the cast looks like children, for example:

• Chad
  • Raigh
  • Lugh
  • Lilina
  • Etc.
Use of CG An unused feature, this could be more resourceful for getting a little more story.
Skill System A simple patch, I will suppose all know this. But it uses skills similar to those in FEH.
"Community Edit" Use new animations in special for the Characters and Bosses.
Rebalance Changes

Buff Archers
This class has poor strength then they are little used but with a little change, they could be more used.

More Dragons The game uses a patch for "Multiple Transforming Battle Animations" which is used with Fae and enemy Manaketes. We could use this to have more dragons in the Game only we have three Dragons:
  • Divine Dragon (Fae)
  • Fire Dragons (Enemy Manaketes)
  • Dark Dragon (Final Boss)

With this, we could add:

• Earth
  • Ice/Water
  • Magic

A total of three NEW Dragons or maybe more.

Restructure in the Main Chapters

Well, this is more a personal opinion As you know ALL maps the objective is to seize the Throne or the Gate, sometimes this turns into something boring, then maybe we could change it to have more objectives:

• Protect Character
  • Protect Place
  • Survive
  • Etc.
Restructure in the Gaiden Chapters

Well, this is another personal opinion but I don’t like the Divine Weapons are in Places taken for Bandits or the Enemy Army.
I would prefer to see the ancient “8 Legends” and spectral armies commanded by these ancient Heroes.

*But now how will work? *

• Blazing Blade
    Roland and his soldiers attack you.

• Axe of Thunder
    You’re attacked by Durban and his crazy warriors (Principplay are Mercenaries, Fighters, Brigands, and others).

• The Infernal Element.
    Athos is protecting his ancient tome used against Nergal some years ago. And his other unities could be some dragons and users of Anima and staff. (Is my favorite because is good to see once time more characters from FE7)

• The Pinnacle of the Light.
    Elimine returns to the Earth late rising to the skies. And some users of multiple magic are protecting her and her ancient relics.

• The Bow of the Winds
    The same, Hannon has her Bow, and the army is attacking you.

• The Spear of Ice
    Barigan has his lance and bla bla.

Bern’s Temple
The Chapter called “Sword of Seals” will be changed to “Temple of the Seals”, and a new Chapter called “Sword of Seals” In this new Chapter you will get this Weapon.

• Temple of the seals
    Will be the vanilla chapter where you’re attacked by Galle and Murdock.

• Sword of Seals
    Here is a new map where you’re attacked by Hartmut and a great army, this will be developed inside the Temple.

• The Silencing Darkness
    Bramimond and some things like the previous things.

Changes in the story and gameplay Well, I want to add some references from FE7 for these two games to see a little more connection. As how I said maybe some chapters could be changed to have other objectives because we need to redesign the maps.
REWRITE OF ROY And finally the most important part of this post, Roy. I read the next topic:

In this topic, Roy is mentioned as a bad character or is a character bad wroten because of it, I want to rewrite it with the support of the community (Maybe I later create a topic for talk about it).

If you have read all my stupid ideas, thanks. I want to read what you think about it.
Credits

—Portraits—

Zorua
FiukeBnuy
HauntRS
Lenh
Shin19
UltraFenix
ObsidianDaddy
Unknown
BorsDeep
PlantAcademy
GabrielKnight
Monk-han
RedBean

-----Maps-----

IS
HauntRS

—Tilesets—

Bridge {IS, Merpin, HauntRS}
Castle {N426, Flasuban}
Cave {IS, HauntRS}
Desert {ZoramineFae, N426, HyperGammaSpaces}
Fields {WAve, RandomWizard, Beast, HauntRS}
Fort {AnnoyingAnon}
Frontier {IS, Peerless}
Frontier Village {IS,HauntRS}
Mountainous {IS, HauntRS, N426}
Plains {IS, HauntRS}
Plains Castle {IS, HauntRS}
Snow Castle {IS, Peerless, HauntRS}
Temple {IS, HauntRS

—Miscelanious—

Title Screen Sheets (Recover from FE6) {SuperFlomm (Spriters Resource)}
Title Screen Scroll (RE7){Vilk}
Title Screen {HauntRS, Vilk, SuperFlomm}
Difficulty Graphics {Vesly, MegaCowsmanMan, HauntRS}
FE6 Items {F2W}
FE6/7 Spells {SHYUTERz}
[ASM] Kill with Specific Item {Shtick}
Characters Palette {Fiuke, HauntRS}
WM{IS, Alice, Rooks, HauntRS}
Villagers Class Card {Ghast, HyperGammaSpaces}

—Battle Anims—

Roy {IS, Pikmin1211, AngelDragonEzech}
Knight {FPzero}
Hero [F] {IS, Pushwall, tatutachang}
Assassin [M] {Huichelaar}
Assassin [F] {FPZero,Moocavo,Riku}
Nomads {Pikmin1211, Maiser6}
Nomad Troops {Pikmin1211, Maiser6}
Ranger {Leo Link}
Wyvern Knight (Feaw,FiukeBnuy)
Wyvern Lord (Feaw,FiukeBnuy)
Bard {EldritchAbomination}
Thief [F] {Pikmin1211,Maiser6,Skitty, GabrielKnight}
Rogue [M] {Pikmin1211,Maiser6,Ukelele,SD9k,Temp,Black Mage,Wan,Orihara_Saki,ltranc}
Rogue [F] {Pikmin1211,Maiser6,Ukelele,SD9k,Temp,Black Mage,Wan,Sme}
King {IS, Hairyblob from Deviantart, Maiser6, MageBoy, Victor, tatutachang}
Warrior (Helmfried,FiukeBnuy)
Dark Dragon {IS, Marlon0024, SHYUTERz}
Dancer {EldritchAbomination}
Mageknight {BatimaTheBat}
Summoner Female {FEGirls}
Troubadour [F] {Pikmin1211,Maiser6,Lisandra_Brave,TBA}
Mercenary [M] {Eldritch Abomination}
Pirate [M] {Wan/Eliwan}
Bishop [M] {Eldritch Abomination,Mikey Seregon}

—Map Sprites—

Lord {IS}
Ranger [F] {flasuban}
Thief [F] {IS}
Rogue [F] {Unknown}
Nomads {IS}
Bow Knights {flasuban}
Bard {IS}
Dancer {IS}
King {ElibianKnight}
Assassin {Pushwall}
Demon Dragon {IS}
Transporter {IS}
Great Lord {IS}
Shaman [F] {IS}
Druid [F] {IS}
Dragon Fae {Kemui52}

—FEBuilder Patches—

Pendiente…

16 Likes

Wouldn’t it make more sense to make the port using the RE7 rom when that is finished?

1 Like

I had check FE6 is a little most as small as FE7. Maybe only need the world map with its nodes, but everything the rest no, possibility; I will try an attempt.

That’d be a bit of a mess for the ROM size though, wouldn’t it?

You absolutely don’t need the world map nodes if you’re porting FE6 to FE8; if you absolutely can’t port over the world map cutscenes just get rid of them imo

Why tho? Rather than porting fe6 or fe7 into the fe8 engine, I think you should learn to port fe8 asm hacks to fe7. It would take a lot less time, I believe.

Most people don’t hack existing hacks, even the ones that are free to edit. People will refer to someone else’s buildfile at times and copy some code (with permission ofc), but the only buildfile that really sees use as a base to hack with is the skillsys github buildfile.

I get that in an ideal world you’d recreate fe7 perfectly in the fe8 engine and thus you’d be able to use every fe8 exclusive asm hack there is, but who knows what code edits you are going to make along the way? I would never encourage a new user to hack someone else’s f2u project (unless done via buildfiles) as there’s no way of knowing that the code is entirely bug free.

I am sorry for the pessimism. I do wish you luck with these projects, though perhaps you should finish your current one before even considering fe6 (or start a custom project). Regardless of my intuition, it’s still a great learning opportunity for you for whatever fegba hacking you continue to do.

All the best to you. Sorry :disappointed_relieved:

I believe isn’t very hard, FE8 and FE6 are very same, so I believe I may can do it easily. Though I might have problems with the world map.

Well, I tried and did this:

Patch [https://drive.google.com/file/d/13vYfclLMav1ttqM7haeFyntplr4mxYRY/view?usp=sharing](https://drive.google.com/file/d/13vYfclLMav1ttqM7haeFyntplr4mxYRY/view?usp=sharing)
Errors Still exist some errors (In the first event of the world map will freeze screen only press "Start" sometimes and continue playing, another error is the charge of units in the maps and other errors are with the portraits in some conversations). I will try to fix this later also I will send a report to FEBuilder.
The Game I added some class and maps for a whim, I will improve this later. The important here is that near totally the first chapter is playable.
Notes Besides isn't important but the event village is near correct only fail the text I forgot fix this.
1 Like

Also, I am thinking to replace “Monster Camping” with “Mamekete Camping”, so I will add more mamekete classes

you post the credits at the same time you post a link to the patch, and you do not link the entire repository to force us to hunt and peck for what you used

please

In addition, do not make multiple topics for the same project, just use the one and edit your first post as many times as needed

1 Like

I’m sorry, I didn’t know (it was my first time publishing a patch so I thought I could do it later). But I added the file in the “Credits” section and it’s next to the patch in the rar, with everything I’ve used so far. Let me know if I have made any mistakes while crediting.

In the “Assets” section there is that link with things I took from some ROMs including the original one as well as those I created or modified myself. So according to my opinion, there would be no need to remove it also would expedite that instead of patching a ROM to get what it requires from my compilations (Created or Recovered) takes it directly from there.

I’m very sorry I thought this one was more for design and stuff, and the other one for uploading updates and advances. I agree to use this one for both.

Thank you very much for making these observations, I will try my best not to let it happen again.

I am already working on chapter 2, a lot is already complete but there is something I am thinking about and it is about Merlinus. Do you want a simple Merlinus equal to FE6 or a better one equal to FE7?

1 Like

Is a quick post, about if somebody wants to help me get the text of the houses and villages de Fire Emblem 6?

Hola, yea, sure, i want to help you, you mind if i start the research the weekend?

1 Like

No problem. I will create the chapters meanwhile.

1 Like

Cool. :+1:

Eya, i got the quotes From Chpt 1 - 3
But before i keep up with the work,
i would rather prefer that you try out if it all works correctly.

Here is the link to the quotes.

Tell me if you want me to keep this up, or if something is wrong.

1 Like

Not sure all the changes you are planning to make, but perhaps give Roy a Promotion Class before he gets the Sword of Seals so he’s not such dead weight after a while?

Like allow Roy to promote to Great Lord, then have the Sword of Seals promote him to a class called “Legend” or “Justice” that acts like his normal Sword of Seals promotion.

(Same for Liliana, making her a Mage Lord that promoted into a Mage General or something instead of a generic Mage).

Don’t worry, I like what you’ve done. Chapter 1 and 2 are practically complete, I just have a few bugs and I’ll send you a report soon. And if you can continue your work is only save time it would be great just an observation the coordinates just put them like (4,3) don’t add the (x,y) so it doesn’t show (x4,y3) and if you want add a clarification at the beginning it’s ok or add something like (x,y)=(4,3).
The numbers I put are only examples.

1 Like

In fact I just thought to make an animation for as soon as I get the Binding Blade (my idea is just 2 classes for Roy) also Lilina and Guinevere already have a new class and the animation is already taken from the repository but I will take it into account to see if I can implement it correctly.

1 Like

Ok, perfect, im glad it was useful, then im hoing to fix the things you said and keep with the next chapters.

1 Like