I’ve already created and inserted many maps without problems.
But this one is driving me crazy:
- It’s a new map for CH10B (Ch.10 for Ephraim)
- The map plays out perfectly without issues during the main story mission.
All events, units and tile changes work perfectly work too.
- But when I enter this map during a skirmish this annoying thing happens:
- During the preparation menu, there are no problems; you can check the map, all units (ally/enemy) are loaded without issues and you can even swap units around.
- However as soon as you press start (during the preparation menu) to begin battle
the game will crash.
How do you know it’s a map issue and not an event one?
To make sure, I went to the original map pointers and revert them back to their original numbers
(so that the game loads again the original map with its original tile changes).
BTW these are the original map and tile changes:
Map: 0x81B35B4 (Pointer is at 8B37F8)
Map Changes: 0x8A1EAF0 (Pointer is at 8B37FC)
I didn’t change the events or unit positions, just the map and tile change pointers.
When I did the above, and entered the skirmish again
of course the units and enemy units were all over the place (since they are configured for the new map)
however, I could start battle without the game crashing.
Which points me that the new custom map has some issue I can’t find.
I tried and checked everything but this is the first time the game does that.
Can a wizard find what’s the problem?