[FE8] N426's Frozen Throes Ver: 1655085600 (15 Chapters) ~Mid-Hiatus patch #2 available!~ Temporarily Hiatused?

Ah, nice! Yes, I did get that dracoshield. Saw it was droppable and said “hell yeah!”

1 Like

Is this still in development? I’ve been looking forward to this for a while!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it still is at this time.

1 Like

Hey, the Discord Link is invalid. I wanted to join because I was curious, is the Shadowlord MIDI free to use? It’s one of my favourite songs from one of my favourite games ever, I’d love to have it in my own hack.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll just pretend it’s been invalid for awhile since barely anyone’s joined… I’ve created a new invite link up top that shouldn’t expire.

The Shadowlord midi was wonderfully created I believe by Mycahel, and from some iteration of the music repository here, so feel free!

1 Like

I just started playing and I notified ths:

Is it intended to say Grado?

Edit: I also found that this class is said to use sword but uses lances.

1 Like

With the exception of the prologue’s second boss, all the bosses are placeholder in pretty much everything save class and inventory.

And yeah, a lot of classes and generic “soldier” descriptions are all still vanilla cause I’m lazy. I can probably at least have most of the existing class descriptions correct come next update

3 Likes

I see Bergmann’s description is still that of Valter’s. sorry if this has already been fixed

Been a while since I’ve posted anything here, but I don’t have a new patch quite yet. I’ve been distracted with some other matters in life that would just drag-on and drag-on and drag-on, but I’m nierly there. In the meantime, here’s another small bunch of new characters that will be available in the next patch.

A much needed update to Auri, an archer, axe cav, troubadour, transporter, and her granddaughter. Those last two will even have a nifty special linked promotion!

11 Likes

Hey, that first girl looks sorta familiar to me!
image (Calista from Deity Device)
Man, and a guy with a hat AND eyepatch? Female(?) transporter looking sick too. These mugs are great, looking forward to the next update and that special linked promotion ingame.

2 Likes

The green haired one with the hat looks cool as heck. To me he kinda looks like an archer. Is that right?
I wonder what kind of role he will play.

I already said that I like the boy and the girl in the middle but I gladly repeat myself. You have an eye for combining colors I must say. (The blue and red combo of Auri is so pretty.) Especially the white-green-black combo of the girl works very well with her skin tone. When I look at this sprite, it really feels perfect. And while I can recognize the original sprite it feels like this is how the sprite was intended to be. If you want to go a bit further away from the source material, I’d recommend to remove or change the part that I marked red. This would make her more unique I think.

Example

And the winterly dressed village girl is just so cute. I have no words to describe that cuteness.

1 Like

Version 1627697590 is now available; the download is the same link in the first post.

This patch features 4 more chapters, resuming after the cliffhanger at the end of A1-4 of Auri’s route. Included are a bunch of new characters, classes, items, and experiences. Some of the previous chapters have also been updated based on feedback and other developments. Will this patch break saves? Don’t think so, but the new changes will probably result in some different numbers here and there between save files, so nothing really major.

1 2
33 4
5 6

Known bugs/issues/things I'm too lazy to change at the moment:

The transporter doesn’t get added to the party for some reason when she joins Fixed this
In A2-4, if the green cav is going to bump into an enemy in the fog, the map gets messed up during the movement, but quickly fixes itself
The event at the beach can lead to an extra instance of a unit under certain rare conditions
The green unit that spawns (yes, in one of two possible locations) doesn’t attack anything
Character/class descriptions are probably mostly still vanilla
Boss mugs/names are still mostly vanilla
Probably some item descriptions
Fishing and mining rewards still don’t do anything yet
Promoted palettes aren’t in yet, you probably shouldn’t be promoting this early anyways

I appreciate any feedback, here or on the discord.

10 Likes

The transporter doesn’t get added to the party for some reason when she joins

Without having played, I’d venture a guess that this is because she has the supply flag (which, somewhat confusingly, does not grant a character supply access, instead it gives them FE7 Merlinus’s traits of not being able to trade nor being present in preps screen).

1 Like

this is a complete hack now or beta??

Yep that did the trick. Never bothered to hover over the supply box in Builder which suggests that… Thanks for letting me know!

Made a quick fix to the downloadable patch, so if anyone downloaded it so far, click the link again for the fixed version (unless you don’t care about the transporter or the A support she has with the villager).

There are 14 fairly complete chapters out of quite a few more than that planned.

1 Like

Been a while since I last posted in here, motivation and all that, ya know? Well to coincide with FEE3, I’ve whipped up a new little patch (link in the first post).

ver

What’s new? Honestly, not as much as I would have liked. There’s a ton of polish and new events throughout, but only one completely new chapter. But oh boy what a chapter it is. It’s definitely one of my favorite chapters I’ve made, and screenshots can’t really do it justice, so I suggest playing through and getting to this 3-part boat chapter, especially if you like the early Celica chapters of Gaiden…

2 7
3 4
8 1

This chapter’s bosses are based on two ships from the 17th and 18th centuries bearing their respective names, both vessels found years after they last set sail in frozen seas, with their crews’ bodies found preserved in ice on board. I thought it would be a perfect fit for the first of several FT boat maps. Different events will occur later in the game depending on if you defeat neither, one, or both of them.

I know there’s gonna be some issues, but like I said, I can’t pass up the marketing opportunity that FEE3 provides for the few people that accidently develop an interest in the project and for whatever reason decide to check it out. Hopefully a new update with more/cleaner content will soon follow.

12 Likes

:eyes:
Looks great as always, and you know the old saying, “Quality over quantity”. I’d bet all the effort making the chapters won’t be wasted on people! Taking inspiration from Celica Act 2 is also really exciting, hopefully I’ll get around to trying the game soon.

Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Congrats for the showcase and the new release, I’m always amazed by the ambition of the project ! This boat chapter looks quite fun, can’t wait to try it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! That’s what keeps me going; cause I sure couldn’t do it on my own accord.

In other news, I’ve replaced the patch in the link up top. I found one line suspiciously missing from the boat map that screws up the big fun event that really goes on to define the chapter. It’s only an issue if you chose ‘blue’ during the quest in chapter N1-1x, if you chose red, it should behave correctly.

As a useless marketing statistic, the big event in question has 225 lines of commands if you’re so keen as to see what it has in store…

In more other news, to an answer to a question that has, and will probably continue to come up:
free move

9 Likes

As a useless marketing statistic, the big event in question has 225 lines of commands if you’re so keen as to see what it has in store…

How many??? :exploding_head:
That’s indeed some big event, and my brain is already melting thinking about how you made it lol ! Can’t wait to see it in game

2 Likes