[FE8] Fire Emblem: TMGC (Complete up to Chapter 25)

The FEE3 video is here! …is what I would say if the video were out. Sadly, it’ll release while I’m asleep, so I guess the true FEE3 update’ll have to go up a few hours in advance.

This update covers up to the end of Chapter 18 (Interlude 6 and following maps are still in development), and all text besides character bios and the like in the guide should be in.

Featuring:
-The papacy!
TMGC.emulator-7
-Xaney antics!
TMGC.emulator-8TMGC.emulator-9
-Player convenience!
TMGC.emulator-12
-Promotion-based mugs for characters that’re actually reflected in dialogue! (not all of them are in yet)
TMGC.emulator-5TMGC.emulator-6
-On that note, new mugs for many characters!
TMGC.emulator-13TMGC.emulator-14
-Regret!
TMGC.emulator-11
-Literacy!
TMGC.emulator-10
-Much more!
TMGC.emulator-15TMGC.emulator-16

fun little challenge for fee3 showcase watchers - count how many outdated assets there are

12 Likes

Really enjoying the game so far but had a bug that crashed my emulator when Blair died on chapter 3 after unlocking the door and having already saved that sent me back to chapter 2 after crashing it.

Writing so far is really good, Blair is a great protag, I liked it enough to keep wanting to play after this and plan on catching back up to myself.

1 Like

Thank you for playing! I’m glad you’re enjoying the hack so far. Could you be more specific on the bug? I don’t quite understand what you’re saying happened. If possible, telling me what you did to trigger the bug/sending a save so I could replicate it would also help greatly!

2 Likes

Any time a character dies, the game crashed returning me my save file to Chapter 2 pre any of my preparation. It could just be a weird NoGBA interaction. I first saw it in Chapter 3 when Blair died but replaying chapter 2 I had multiple different characters die and my prep was undone and I was back to square one.

I probably just need to paly it on a different emulator because the whole thing crashes every time a death of a blue character happens.

1 Like

I’ve not heard of that happening before, but apologies for that. All my personal testing has been done on mGBA and on 3DS hardware via open_agb_firm, so maybe it is an emulator thing? I’ve never heard of No$GBA specific issues personally, but you never know.

If it happens again, it might be more convenient to document and report in the Discord server’s bugs channel. The forum works too, of course. Again, thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

A bug report:

When Sam talked to Josef in ch.3, the game just hanged. Recruitment worked fine with Blair however.

VBA-M was the emulator i used if it helps

1 Like

Found the issue. Once I get some other issues out of the way, I’ll throw up a hotfix that fixes this. Thank you!

1 Like

Hotfix time! Grab the updated patch from the same link.

Changes:
-Fixed a softlock in Chapter 3 if Sam recruits Josef.
-Hopefully fixed crashes in No$GBA if a blue unit dies/the Give All function is used. As a result of changes that fixed this crash, a certain unit’s weapons are now freely tradeable.

2 Likes

Tested, Glitch is fixed!

1 Like

sveltalus buff
sveltalus buff

2 Likes

A suggestion for ch.10

Make Sveltzalus a green unit or make ally green units not target Svelt. Svelt dying to them is kinda sad XD

Edit:

Ch.10

I was able to keep Cid alive until all escaped, why does he die :frowning:

1 Like

I just finished Chapter 14, the game is really good, I love the level design, I love the difficulty, it’s just where I like it in a Fire Emblem game, I love the map design and the weapons, I think everything is really exciting.

I’m taking a break from the rom to switch to other things now that I hit zeke’s stuff but it was a really good time and I look forward to more.

My favorite characters are, so far, Blair [we stan a sweet lesbian lord], Sam, Arin, Athena, Peggy, Apollo and I love whatever Carboon and Mikey got going on.

1 Like

This was a highlight in FEE3 and I really enjoyed my run. I love how quirky and playful the dialogue can be at times. And gameplay is amazing. I never understood why many hacks punish the players with low growths and stats in the name of balance when you can have high growths/stats and balance the enemies accordingly.
Overall great first impression, will be looking forward to the next release.

3 Likes

Hey all, Retina here! Time for another release!
This one covers everything up to the start of Chapter 21 (21 itself is very WIP currently).

Featuring:
-Meaningful player choice!
TMGC.emulator-3
-Very funny skills!
TMGC.emulator-4TMGC.emulator-5
TMGC.emulator-6TMGC.emulator-7
TMGC.emulator-8
-The best objective (timed rout)!
TMGC.emulator-9
-A conversation viewer, for all you nerds who like reading!
TMGC.emulator-10
-Much more!
TMGC.emulator-11

woah we’re getting near the end now

22 Likes

Be sure to keep animations on fellers!

3 Likes

finally, the skip-gameplay-for-the-story function

4 Likes

TMGCers…we’ve won yet again

1 Like

Didn’t even mention how almost everyone received a facelift, smhing my head.

4 Likes

Honey Charm is not working

1 Like

I believe growth boosters do not work on fixed mode, among other things.

1 Like