[FE8][3/4 Done] Fire Emblem: The Tales of The Conquerors

Across time, across continents, several individuals stood up against the world and, by force or wits, prevailed and changed the course of history: Kings and Queens, Emperors and Empresses, Generals and Commanders. This story is about them, about those who paved the way for a new era, for better or for worse…

Fire Emblem - The tales of The Conquerors is an anthology consisting of four 4-6 chapter long campaigns regarding numerous characters of official games. This hack compiles events and stories that molded the different worlds of the saga to the ones we get to see in game.

This game contains the famous Skill system! Its usage, however, will vary depending on the story: some will use it more than others.

CAMPAIGNS

Which one will you choose first?

The Scouring - Elibe

Elibe is devastated by the Ending Winter and the War that’ll be known to later generations as The Scouring. In this landscape of darkness, eight legendary heroes have the tremendous task of not only defeat the Manakete, but of also lead humanity to a brighter future, fighting those who only desire death.

In this six chapters long campaign, you’ll play with Elibe’s Eight Legendary Heroes.

Lunatic mode is available in every chapter.

Crimean Dawn - Tellius

A frail empire, a controversial topic, and an smart but unorthodox companion are all three ingredients Senator Caradock needs to halve the Begnion Senate and march towards independency, aided by a unexpected ally: the newly formed nation of Galia.

In this five chapters long campaign, you’ll play with Western Begnion.

Lunatic mode is available in every chapter.

Unholy Empire - Archanea

A warrior with no battles. A king with no respect. A married man with no love. Emperor Hardin has everything, yet nothing at the same time. After a strange interaction with a merchant, he begins to connect with his true emotions: anger, hatred, and an endless desire to rule over the continent.

In this Six chapters long campaign, you’ll play with the Holy Archanean Empire

Lunatic mode is aviable in every chapter.

Crimson Eclipse - Fódlan (UNFINISHED)

One seemingly boring day, over the horizon of Adrestia, foreign Warships appeared. It only took them half a month to take over two domains of the empire. Members of the Adrestian nobility must repel this surprise invasion before it’s too late…

In this four to seven chapters long campaign, you’ll play with The Adrestian Empire

Difficulty selection and Battle Report.

There are three different difficulty options:

• Normal: Intended gameplay
  • Hard: Higher enemy stats, but no gameplay differences.
  • Lunatic: Same stats as Hard, with added gameplay changes designed for a more challenging experience. Note that right now not every single map has its Lunatic changes implemented yet, but they will.

Some maps can even change their objective in Lunatic!

To avoid having issues with difficulty, you’ll be able to choose it in each map. This will allow me to make a more deadly hard mode experience, knowing that if you get stuck in a certain chapter, you won’t have to restart from the beggining. Even at Hard Mode, there will be no ambush spawns unless specified in the Battle Report.

“Battle Report? What’s that?” I hear you say, probably.

The Guide has been replaced with the Battle Report!

In this section, you’ll be able to see the Side quests and Main Objectives that’ll be given to you throughout the maps. (Note that there’ll be no Side Quest that will appear in the Battle Report without notice in game)

There’s also different Tips and advices about the chapter, as well as short details about the plot and the map itself in the Battle Forectast. Of course, all of this is optional, so if you don’t like reading, you can skip these.

Before playing:

Please remind yourself that none of these stories are canon and some may deviate a bit from the official sources in order to get a better experience.

English is not my first language, and some gramatical errors may appear while playing. If you find one, please let me know so I can fix it. The same can be said about bugs, glitches, and softlocks. Some of the maps will have some heavy gimmicks (because I like to suffer), so if something breakes, please inform me! DM me in Discord, RecursiveBow#4277.

Everything in this hack can be changed. Don’t be affraid to give some advices!

Credits! Let’s thank those who help me make the hack cuter.

(I had to edit some of their portraits, you can find the edited version in the list)

SaXor - Stat Screen
JeyTheCount - Queen Sue / Hanon portrait, Ranger battle animations
Eldritch Abomination - Several FE7 portraits with FE8 colours
??? - Several FE6 portraits with FE8 colours (If you know who did it, please tell me)
L95 - Earth Dragon
SqRtOfPi - Elibean Nights’ Ice Dragon
Rexacuse, Peerless, Alusq - Soldier Shield Map Animations
Numaron - Soldier battle animation.
TBA - Halbedier battle animations.
SALVAGED, Flasuban, Epicer - Sword/Lance/Axe/Box cav battle animations.
Nuramon - Myrmidon battle/map animations
DerTheVaporeon, Pikmin1211 - Ephraim Sword battle animations
Teraspark - Ephraim Sword map animations
Imperial, CardCafe - Elincia portrait.
FEU discord server - FEBuilder and mapping help.
NickT and Stitch - Kieran, Bastian (Recolored)
Quotedotlass, Electric Serge - Titania portrait (Recolored)
Fenreir - Knight Klein portrait (Recolored)
Flasuban - Generic female soldier portrait (Recolored)
TBA, St jack, Flasuban, Sax-Marine - Baron (“Emperor”) Battle Animations
GFE1R, Wasdye - Emperor Hardin
DerTheVaporeon - Sedgar
Squidorsky - Nyna
DerTheVaporeon, Nickt, 7743 - Emerus (Recolored)
Sphealnuke - Generic boss
Blade - Lena

St Jack - Wyvern Knight Axe and Handaxe animations. Repalette by Feaw.
Leo_Link - Silver Paladin (Great Knight) animations.
BuskHusker - Sheena (Recolored)
LaurentLacroix - OC 41 “Koalemo”
thorn - several Shadow Dragon portraits: Wolf, Vyland, Roshea, Midia, Dolph, Lorenz
Edited Portraits

Spoon_rhythm, Magelord Max - Priscila Adult
Priscila Adult {Spoon_rhythm, Magelord Max}

Niharu - Dorothy Male
Dorothy (Male) {Niharu}

NickT and Stitch - Lotz
Lotz {NickT, Stitch}

Marloon024 - Saint Elimine
Saint Elimine (Marlon0024)

Peerless - Raven
Raven {Peerless}

Plant_Academy - Minerva
Minerva {Plant_Academy}
(Crown by JeyTheCount)

Squidorsky - Nyna
Nyna {Squidorsky}

Item Sprites:

LordGlenn - Executioner, Catapult, Heavy Javelin
2WB - Laguz slayer
Batima - SEVERAL item icons: Devil Sword, Gradivus, Arrrowspate, Killer Bow, Regal Sword (Recolored), Sigurd’s silver sword, Awakening’s Silver Lance
Beansy - Steel Lance
Celice - Silver Axe
Ereshkigal - Knife, Wind Edge (EDITED), Steel Bow
FuriousHaunter - Glass Lance
George Reds - Steel Axe
Jubby - Dagger
Kyrads - short sword
lovemachine - Piercing Lance
Intelligent Systems (Ported over from the DS games) - Wyrmslayer, Darksphere, Ridersbane, Cancer

If you see something that’s not credited, please let me know so I can add it!

Enjoy! Here is the link!

20 Likes

coming up with original titles is hard, please understand

What about Fire Emblem: Hope, Love, Despair, Conquest . . . ?

or something similar. I’m not sure what exact themes are in each story but some words sound cooler together than others lol

Just add world map just like in sacred echoes.

That sounds interesting. I’ll think of some combinations.

I tried that. Didn’t work, sadly. Even if it did, I’d have to make 4 maps into one, one for each story, which is way out of my league.

Next patch will be released in a couple of hours!

The Scouring

• Chapter 2 and 3 can now be played in Hard Mode
  • Made it clearer what chapter 3’s objectives are.
  • Changed Hard Mode bonuses to be the same as Moderate difficulty
1 Like

I hope in your next project will be a crossover from all fire emblem games.

Why are you talking about their next potential project when this one isn’t even done, seems a little rude.

@RecursiveBow Hope this project goes well! I can’t make any portraits but if you need help with a map or two I’ll be glad to help!

2 Likes

I hope the world map will set aside for next project.

A crossover? featuring different characters from mainline FE games? nah that’s super lame, for those kinds of stuff you have feh /s

Thank you! I mainly ask for help in the FEU discord server, but if I’m stuck somewhere, I can ask you for some advice.

For the next patch, which shouldn’t take too long, there will be a cavalry split! Each unpromoted cavalier will have access to only one weapon, which isn’t important in the Elibean campagin (which will have all of its chapters playable on Hard Mode), but will be in the next one! Also, there’s an error that causes promoted enemies to have way more stats in Hard mode, compared to Moderate. This will be fixed.

4 Likes

I know this dragon! That’s by L95, both the battle anim and the map sprites.

1 Like

Thank you! I updated the credits. Only one more to go.

New patch is up! Crimean Dawn’s first map is completed, but it won’t be aviable until some of its chapters are at least playable.

Bug fixes and misc.

• You can now skip the “Select difficulty” Text.
  • Fixed a bug in which skipping any starting event didn’t fade the screen to black.
  • Polished some starting events.
  • When in the Axis, the description of the green units now describe the campaign they represent.

Map balance and changes

• Fixed a bug in which Hard mode promoted enemies have way more stats than in Moderate mode.

The Scouring

• Changed Durbans’ skill.
  • Added Chapter 5’s Hard Mode! The AI will be more agressive.
    • Removed the Bridge event in Standard and Moderate difficulty. Now it’ll only happen in Hard Mode.
    • Last melt event will happen later.
  • Tweaked some enemy stats.
2 Likes

Oh, hey, Crimean Dawn’s complete.

New patch! It’s been a longer than I thought. I was going to release a mid-story demo showcasing the first 3 maps of the newest campaign, but I just keep saying “one more change, one more chapter” and thus I made all five before releasing them. The first 3 maps were made in july (winter vacations where I live), and the last 2 were made december-february (summer vacations) hence, why it took so long. I didn’t work on the hack while I was in class.

This one was though. It’s my first time messing with palletes and portraits, so everything took 10x more time than usual and looks kinda awful. It was also complicated to create and balance the Laguz units; there’s not a sprite that I could find that represents cats and lions, so I just used vanilla’s wolf sprites, sadly. Cat Laguz are the unpromoted mauthe doog and Lion Laguz are Gwyllgi.

Anyways, here’s the full patch notes! Changes marked with [EXPERIMENTAL] can be reverted, if enough people don’t agree with them.

General changes

• [EXPERIMENTAL] Last chapters of each story is now marked with an “x”

Mainly for clarity purposes, I don’t want anyone hoarding items because they think there’s one map left.

• [EXPERIMENTAL] In each story, starting at chapter 3, the “choose difficulty” dialogue is automatically skipped.

Allows you to enter the map almost instantly, instead of having to press A five times.

• Removed “Death of the Eddene” from the story list, added “Unholy Empire” in its place.

Death of the Eddene didn’t fit the theme of the stories. While the other ones centered on glory and conquest, this one’s more like a tragedy of some sorts. Unholy Empire follows the ascention of Emperor Hardin, which fits as a darker, villanous story while mantaining the commmon themes. I really liked the premise of the removed campaign, tho, so if I ever get to make another anthology (perhaps centered on tragedies), this one’s definitively in.

The Scouring

• Roland now has proper skin colour!

• Each character now has its own death quote.

• [EXPERIMENTAL] Athos’ hair colour has changed.

I believe in dark hair Athos supremacy

• Each playable character now has its unique battle pallete.

• Chapter 1: Changed the top left portion of the map to include a river and a forest tile.

Barigan and Hanon excels at close combats, so having them be introduced in a open map feels rough.

• Chapter 3: Included a new, optional conversation that unlocks after a certain point.

Only chapter besides chapter 2 without one

• Changed Martel III’s class to Priest, to fit his outfit.

Between that and changing his portrait, you know which one I chose

• Chapter 5: Changed the secret reward of the Village.

The prior reward felt lacking, considering they’d die almost instantly. This one at least has a permanent effect.

• Chapter 6: Reduced enemy density and changed their positions.

Crimean Dawn

• Added to the game!

What’s next

Crimean Dawn is far from complete. I assume the balance is completely wrong and the story might have its issues and plot holes. After I polish the story and gameplay even further, the last step is adding a Hard mode challenge to the remaining maps (and change the current ones.)

I decided to skip Crimson Eclipse for now, since there’s not enough portraits of the students for now in the repo. What if, at the time I finish the third story, there’s still not enough of them? I’d still want to make that story, so I would have to come up with something or change it slightly.

So, the third story that’s gonna be made is the new Unholy Empire! Don’t expect me to complete it soon. College starts 15/3 so there’s not enough time for me to come up with a story like that extremely quick. Perhaps by the end of the year? Who knows!

2 Likes

Emergency update!

Crimean Dawn

• Chapter 1:
    Added Hard Mode! Every enemy is now transformed.
    Fixed a bug where upon defeating the wind sword boss, the incorrect death quote appears.
    and it just has to be a spoiler…

• Chapter 2:
    Made Hard Mode actually playable!
    Fixed a bug where the map visually breaks if you don’t skip the starting cutscene.
    Changed the left side of the map; Selime has more things to do.
    Moved all events one turn up: the Laguz transforming back now matches with the rest of the game, and the reinforcements appear later.
    The Boss now has its range properly marked.

This time, the focus is going to be entirely on the Scouring, polishing the first campaign and making some needed QoL changes.

General Changes

• Casual Mode is added!
    Anna now appears at the beginning, and you can talk to her to activate it. Don’t be afraid to use it! The maps are designed for the entire party to survive, so it might me frustrating to play them with one or two less members.

• Heavy spear: +1 Might, -1 Weight

The Scouring

• Removed the unit’s initial skills
    Elibe didn’t have skills. Simple as that. The heroes having initial skills added virtually nothing to the gameplay, and most of them were filler skills anyways.
A few exceptions (Spoilers)
  • Chapter 4 still lets you get them
  • Aenir and Fae still has Fortune and Spur Magic
  • [EXPERIMENTAL] Elimine keeps Slayer
    This is only useful in one chapter, and without it she struggles a lot in it.

• This hurts some characters way more than others. The following buffs are to accomodate for their loss and help underperforming units:
    Elimine: +2 STR, -5% DEF, +30% RES, -15% MAG
    Bramimond: +3 DEF +3 RES +5 HP
    Hartmut: +2 STR +2 DEF +2 HP -5 Levels
    Barigan: +8 HP +3 STR +3 LCK +2 SKL +10% SKL +5% LCK
    Roland: +7 LCK
    Hanon: +3 HP +2 DEF +5% STR

• Changed the units’ looks:
    Barigan’s armour is now black and silver, hair colour is purple.
    Hartmut’s cloak colour is now salmon.
    Changed Elimine and Barmmiond’s battle pallete.
    All bosses from chapter 1-3 have new palletes and/or sprites.
    I’m new at colouring and palletes, so the game migth look worse, but at least it looks different.

• All the dialogue is polished: Added pauses and stops to them in order to give them flow. Fixed grammar issues and characterization errors (regarding Durbans)

SPOILERS from now on!

• Chapter 1:
    Increased enemy level.
    Fixed an error where, at the begining, a snowstorm effect will appear on a black screen for a fraction of a second.

• Chapter 2:
    Fixed an error where the game would softlock if the caravan in chapter 1 was alive at the end of the map.

• Chapter 3:
    Tone down enemy and player growth.
    Barigan will get his Heavy Spear ONLY IF he gained it in chapter 1
    Fixed an error where Worren would trigger his “betrayed” battle quote even if recruited.
    Martel III now can properly use his weapon.
    As indicated by a conversation, Anstice will not join you if you kill Martel III. Added enemy reinforcements in this situation.

• Chapter 4:
    Hanon’s granted skill is now Canto+, at the cost of 5 ATK (down from 8 for Rally Speed)
    The death of Elimine, Athos, Bramimond or Hanon will trigger a Game Over. Any of their deaths would softlock the game, anyways.

• Chapter 6:
    you can now arrive in the other stair tile.

Lunatic Mode changes

Spoilers!
  • The Scouring:

In Chapter 2, Hartmut no longer starts with a Knife; Aenir is defenseless.

In Chapter 3, every single healing tile is removed: this includes the church, and all forts. The gates of the castles that you control will be replaced with “house tiles” that provide no healing or defense.

In Chapter 4, the Spirits are moved to more dangerous places.

• Crimean Dawn:

[EXPERIMENTAL] In Chapter 4, Warships will appear every four turns, starting turn 12. Initial enemy placement is changed.

[EXPERIMENTAL] Chapter 5’s change is similar to the one from chapter 3: Laguz units now begin unstransformed.

This makes me think, should I make a document that lists all changes from lunatic mode? Those are meant as a second playthrough challenge (and are not canon, i.e. The Scouring chapter 6), so knowing all the changes might either make it less frustrating to play or ruin the enigma of not knowing what’s to come.

Unholy Empire Teaser

The campaign is going to be based on Mystery of the Emblem. Not the DS remake, I haven’t play it, but the SNES original game. One feature that’s coming from that game is the new mechanic of Reclassing! It’s going to be much more limited, only a few units in a few maps can do it, but it’s gonna be there. It is going to be as long or longer than the first story, consisting of 6-7 chapters with more than one party.

Some of the units that will appear are the Wolfguard! The cavalry squad that aided Harden in the War of Shadows, consisting of Roshea, Vinland, and reclass abusers Wolf and Sedgar. I’ll be fun to try and give them proper personalities.

1 Like

It’s been a while! Winter recess came and went, and I didn’t do as much progress as I wanted lmao, the good thing is that my Mondays are free now so I can work on the hack during the semester

General Changes

• Added a title screen!
  • Generic Enemy cavalier are now red instead of yellow.
  • Skill is now dexterity
  • Steel lance now gets -1 weight and +5 hit

Experience Changes

This would allow your units to level up faster, accounting for the stories’ small number of chapters.

• Increased xp you get from misses and 0 damage from 1 to 5

• Increased minimum xp you get from healing from 10 to 15

• Increased xp you get from defeating an enemy by 5

• Thieves now give way more xp when defeated
    (To be used in Unholy Empire, but there are some thieves in Crimean Dawn)

Paladin Split

Each cavalier now has a unique promotion! They’ll follow the same structure that was previously established. Each paladin now gets only one weapon to use.

• Bronze Paladins focuses on movement and speed. They’re the only Paladin with 8 movement. They lack in Defense, strength, HP, and can only use swords.

• Silver Paladins are heavy hitters with excellent HP and good enough strength. They have decent but not good Defense and speed, so they can hold a point for some time. They’re proficient in lances.

• Gold Paladins are typically juggernauts with either high defense or strength (or both!). They’re able to stand victorious against many enemies with no problem. They usually possess low speed, skill/dexterity and resistance. They use axes.

To accomodate the movement change, the Lance and Axe cavaliers will get 6 movement. Ranger will be the other “movement” path, so they’ll get 8 move as well.

• Lance and Axe cav: -1 Move
  • Ranger: +1 Move

The Scouring

• Hanon: +1 STR
  • Barigan: +3 HP, +3 STR, +1 DEX/SKL, -1 SPD, -1 DEF
  • Chapter 1: Expanded the north area where Barigan and Hanon appear, including a bridge to the castle. Changed enemy position to reflect this.
  • Removed leftover skills that enemy Bosses had

Crimean Dawn

• Fixed some instances where conversations between two units displayed the wrong dialogue
  • Nariman and Luc’s level reduced to 1. Now they’re treated as promoted unit even unshifted. This will lead to less experience gained.
  • Selime’s skill is changed
  • Chapter 4: [EXPERIMENTAL] Changed the sidequest reward to a Master Seal, which can be used by Damir and Elvira as well.
    Using it on the Laguz will promote them until they shift. Once they shift back, they’ll return to the base class. DONT USE IT ON THE LAGUZ

Unholy Empire Update

Reclassing is NOT going to be in this story. I made all the events for it but story wise reclassing just doesn’t work.

If you break the wall in the prologue, you’ll be able to play the first two chapter of the campaign. They’re in the “feels horrible to play” state, so I don’t recommend playing them. Chapter 3 has an intro but no end trigger. Chapter 2 may not end…

So, basically, Don’t play Unholy Empire (yet)

All chapters are planned. Chapter 4 is halfway done in the map department. I spent a lot of time with portraits and trying to make a good one, which is why development is slow; I have to make new ones for this story, which isn’t the case for the other two.

Crimson Eclipse Update

Crimson Eclipse might be no more! I’m considering changing the story to focus on the Dagdar Invasion instead of the Adrestian expansion over Faerghus.

A few reasons for the change include 1) Better control over the story, possibly increasing the chapter number 2) Avoid flanderization or misrepresentation of certain characters. Students of the academy are harder to write as opposed to certain people that we only know by name. 3) Exploring Dagdar and Petra’s country is always correct 4) Artistic limitations. Most portraits of the students are not F2U

The name could still remain, if the theme fits it. I haven’t decided yet, but the more I think of it the more sense it makes.

Sorry if I write too much! I’ll try to make these shorter from now on.

5 Likes

Don’t apologize, these in-depth descriptions are great! I really like the idea of an anthology game like this too. Congrats on the FEE3 trailer and best of luck with development!!

1 Like

Good evening! Happy FEE3! I submited a trailer, and it released today!

To celebrate it, a new patch is up! Including a lot of visual changes and the almost-completion of the third campaign, Unholy Empire

Visual changes

• There’s a new Status Screen, based on the DS games! It’s quite simple, which makes it perfect for this game. Thanks to the amazing SaXor, for making it on Stat Screen Blitz 1.

• Several items got new icons. Most of them come from other Fire Emblem entries, mainly Archanea and Tellius but also Ylisse and Jugdral.

The steel weapons now look like they have steel on them

Item and Class Changes

• Rangers have more movement cost in forest and deserts.

• Changed the Silver Paladin’s animations.

• All cavaliers now have more movement cost in stairs.

• Silver lance: -1 might, +10 Hit

• Short axe: Now uses the proper, melee animation.

• Horseslayer: Now named Ridersbane, +1 might -3 weight

• Heavy Spear: Renamed Piercing Lance to avoid confusion due to a new item using the word “heavy”.

• Wind Edge: -2 might, -1 weight

• Knife and Dagger: -5% Crit. They now have 10 and 15 respectively.

• Devil Axe (and Devil Sword!): The formula is now 20-luck %
    If you see an enemy using this weapon, it will NEVER backfire.

New item: The Heavy Javelin!

Ramble about 1-2 range weapons in Fire Emblem

The 1-2 range melee weapons (mainly Javelin and Hand axe) are, in my opinion, the most important items in the saga. When a game has good 1-2 range melee weapons, the gameplay molds around them, resulting in a big buff to cavalry units and fliers. When a game has both bad javelins and bad hand axes, the gameplay shifts a ton, to either mages like Awakening (There are other factors in that game but I digress) or another alternatives, like Bows from Three Houses (again, too much moving parts there, but javs are completely obsolete there). Maybe I’m exagerating a bit here but whatever.

Javelins and Hand Axes are important in both Elibe and Tellius, which is why you have access to them and the map treats your units as if they’re able to counterattack at 1-2 range.

Of course I don’t plan nor intend for the stories to play exactely like the games they’re from. I’m not that skilled of a game designer. But I want the campaigns to each feel different. Because I wanted Archanea to have close to 0 skills, and most of the playable units are going to be horseman, the idea of javelins dominating over all weapons feels boring and limiting. Which is why there’s going to be a Bad Javelin!

The Heavy Javelin is an awful version of the Javelin, with the same might and hit as the Sacred Stones one but with an added NINE weight, for a total of 20 (like the one fom Mystery of the Emblem! Of course, the inspiration behind this change). This type of lance will be used for both Unholy Empire and Crimson Eclipse, the current one used by The Scouring and Crimean Dawn will remain untouched.

A bad version of the Hand Axe would release alongside Crimean Dawn, should the story needs it. I’m sorry for the spoilers but there are no 1-2 range axes in Unholy Empire as of now. It’d probably be just like the heavy javelin, with added weight, but there are other alternatives, like decreasing the might.

Campaign Changes

Unholy Empire

• Completed Chapter 3. Added Chapter 4 and 5.

Sadly, I couldn’t finish Unholy Empire on time. I struggled a lot with portraits which took a lot of time (some of them still don’t look as good as I wanted) and I decided to polish the chapters I was working on, rather than adding the last one quickly and badly. Gameplay’s starting to get better, altough maybe it’s not as polished as the other two stories.

There are a lot of things still missing: battle report, backstory between chapters, lunatic mode… those will be added soon. The backstory (Featuring Nyna and Zeke) will come alongside the final chapter. Battle Report and Lunatic Mode will get added periodically like with the other campaigns.

The Scouring

With this one being the first campaign made for the game, there are some archaic things that now don’t really make sense. One of them is the auto level that occurs between most chapters. Some units have their stats increased almost arbitrarily to have some sense of time passed between each chapter. Due to the massive increase in chapter 1’s enemy level, these level ups are no longer needed.

• Removed Auto Level Ups and stat buffs in chapter 2, 3 and 4.
    (I’ll keep the one in chapter 6 for now due to its Lunatic mode challenge being really stupid.)

• To keep it balanced, each hero now got stat buffs.

Stat changes:

Barigan: +2 SPD, +2 LCK

Hartmut: +4 HP, +2 STR, +1 DEF, +2 SPD, -5 LVLs

Roland: +2 STR, +1 DEF, +10% STR, +10% HP

Durbans: +2 SPD, +1 DEF, +1 LCK, +2 HP

Hanon: +1 STR, +1 DEF, +2 LCK, +3 HP

Elimine: +5 HP, +2 STR

• Fixed a bug in which chapter 1’s village appears two tiles above its intended position.

Crimean Dawn

No love for this one, even though it was the most showcased in the trailer…
Slightly modified the Battle Report.

Next up?

I promise a patch will come soon with chapter 6 playable (and chapter 2 completed). Once Unholy Empire is done, next on the list is to polish Crimean Dawn. Only after that does development for the last story begins.
I would really apreciate any gameplay and story reviews, specially in the newest story. It’s really hard to balance a game with so many variables. Probably one stuff on one campaign breaks because I moved something for the other campaign, who knows?

That’s it, have a nice FEE3

8 Likes

post FEE3 burnout got hands, damn

Anyways, Unholy Empire is completed! Alongside a new feature that visually shakes everything up.

Dynamic colours!

not confusing at all, no!

Since you play as multiple armies throughout history, most of them have different colours for their banners. To accomodate this, there’s now a new, optional feature that changes the armies’ colours depending of their ingame allegiance.

Thanks to the amazing Vesly for implementing the patch that allows me to do this!

I decided to make it optional because it can be disorientating in some maps or stories, so if you don’t like it you can turn it off.

Activate dynamic colours by talking to the right Anna before selecting a campaign! You can’t change it in between chapters.

Dynamic Colour Guide (vague spoilers?)
  • The Scouring: Blue against Red and Gray.

• Crimean Dawn: Green against Gray and Red.

• Unholy Empire: Gray against Red, then Red against Gray and Blue (This is the only story in which your unit’s palette changes).

• Crimson Eclipse: Red against Green (Hopefully?)

General Changes

• New item: Blunt Hand axe
    Literally just FE8’s hand axe but with -4 might. Is used in Unholy Empire and Crimson Eclipse.

• Pressing L while your cursor is on a enemy/ally will now send you to the next enemy/ally, instead of it always sending you to your next aviable unit.

• Daggers and knifes now are considered “Bows”: they’re neutral in the weapon triangle (they don’t deal effective damage to flying units).

Unholy Empire

• Added Chapter 6! This story is now fully playable.

• Expanded Chapter 2; added its Lunatic mode changes.

• Added tutorial boxes explaining what you need to do in chapters 4 and 5.

• Added Tips and Side Objectives to the Battle Report! Battle forecast to be added later (if theres enough space after Crimson Eclipse)

• Added a backstory, similar to other stories, explaining what’s happening in each chapter.

• Wolf: +3 SKL, +1 DEF

Crimean Dawn

• Nariman now can only use daggers and knifes. He starts with a dagger.

• Now units that died won’t appear in later chapters if you play in classic mode.

• Fixed an issue in which a warrior had more levels than intended in chapter 5.

4 Likes

This might be the last patch of the year. Unholy Empire is now more polished and got all lunatic mode chapters!

General Changes

• Dynamic colours are now ON by default.
  • Added a warning before playing Unholy Empire to recommend Casual mode

Crimean Dawn

• Selime gets +2 STR, +2 levels.

• Chapter 2 enemies are now stronger.

• Added new (Experimental) Lunatic mode to chapter 4

Unholy Empire

• Roshea gets +2 Speed

• Each unit now has its own death quote.

• Lua’s death now triggers a game over on chapters 2 and 3 as well.
  • Chapters 3, 4, 5 and 6 now has lunatic mode! This means that the entire campaign got their lunatic mode.

• Reduced hard / lunatic increases in chapters 4 and above

• Chapter 2: moved back all enemy reinforcements by one turn and their levels got reduced.

• In lunatic mode, Midia now appears as soon as the Hero is killed, instead of when the door is open.
  • Hardin no longer stays around in Chapter 4

• Chapter 6: Solved an issue which gave Golden Knights extra movement

• Midia now won’t appear in your unit’s list if you didn’t do the required steps to get her
    • Green bandits now appear more often

Crimson Eclipse Teaser

Here’s a few teasers for the last campaign of the game! This could be the biggest campaign of the four, if nothing goes wrong.

Teaser
  • Classes can use more than their usual weapons; each unit will have one or two extra weapon types they can use.
  • Limited magic, in the style of Three Houses: Magic users will have strong tools, but those will be limited and could change each chapter.
  • This campaign will use Skill System the most!
  • There’s going to be at least one brand new enemy class with an unique skill.
  • The backstory (small conversation between chapters) will occur in a courthouse: unveil the secrets of the Dagdar Invasion, while saving your neck from capital punishment
  • The gamestate is undecided: could be either mid or late game. Each campaign already has an unique gamestate (late, early and mid), so it’s going to be impossible not to repeat one of those.
  • Because there are a lot of Fódlan units without any free portrait in the Github repo, I’m going to do a lot of splicing! Which means that it’s going to take a long, long time. And most of them will suck :c

Missing credits :point_right: :point_left:

I did an oopsie and somehow the credits for two custom portraits are missing. They’re the two senators found in chapter 1 of Crimean Dawn and I have no idea how I forgot about those for this long. I searched throughout the github but still couldn’t find them. Maybe I’m blind. If you made these portraits (or you know who did them), please let me know! I believe these are the only ones uncredited.

Senator Marat

Senator 2

Senator Ravil

Senator 1

3 Likes