[Fe8] Fire Emblem: S.S-Monster Mash! [v1.2.5] [A modified fe8 campaign, where you play as monster classes!] (TLCC mode Update [v1.2.2], Implementing The Bael Expansion soon, looking for partners to help out and chat with

This awesome mod was the motivator for me to finally try out Sacred Stones and I’m loving it. One thing I want to point out in Vanilla Monster Mash; I couldn’t use a Master Seal or Elysian Whip to promote Cormag. (Recruited him during Eirika’s route). Is this intentional?

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed the hack!, no that’s definitely not intentional haha. Admittedly there are still some bugs I need to fix on the vanilla hack, and some changes I liked and want to import from the tlcc mode (nothing huge but…). (I’ve been putting it off since I started working on TLCC mode haha)
I think I’m going to release a bug fix patch soon for the vanilla hack.

2 Likes

Hey guys, Sorry for the long wait between updates. I kinda took a semi non disclosed week break on developing the hack. Just to prevent burnout and such. But enough about me. Rest assured I haven’t been doing nothing throughout my development break Instead of developing I have been hard at work making This!!:

Lemme introduce yall to the Drowned!! (name subject to change)

drowned

And another one for The promoted version:

The Symphone!! (name also subject to change)

drowned Promo

That’s right!, a whole new custom battle animation based on the revenant!! I had the idea for a magic animation for a revenant and thought hey why not enhance it with an alien head and a water based theming.
(P.s One of my friend in the discord have agreed to having a try at making map animation for the class, so we might be getting custom map animation for it (nice))

Now before you ask yes I’m planning to submit it to the repo, You’ll be able to use it and edit it to your liking! (with credit of course). I should be able to put it in a repository appropriate format in like a day or two. But before i go on implementing it or anything… check the next post…

3 Likes

Okay fellow user of Feu, I hope you like poles because here comes poles:

SO I’m planning to add a new custom class to go along with the new custom animation and thought I’d do something interesting by rounding up votes from user around here about it, ya know those Pmes? this would be like that accept we’ll be voting about aspects of the custom class itself (A build my class I guess)
so here we go:

1. First of all, I’m pretty sure about implementing the new class in the TLCC mode of the hack. That being said I’m still debating about whether or not I should implement the custom class in the vanilla hack, I thought about implementing them as an additional enemy monster type you’d fight in monster maps, what do you guys think?
  • Add in TLCC mode only, I want my monster maps vanilla damn it!!
  • Make edits in the vanilla hack, enemy only (on monster maps, exp chap 11)
  • Edit as a playable class only, replace (character name’s) class
  • Edit as a playable class and additional enemy type in monster maps

0 voters

1. Next is what stats I should focus on for the bases aka the class niche and the ones they excel at (Maximum choice is 3. Will pick the 3 most voted stats)
  • HP
  • Magic
  • Skl
  • Spd
  • Def
  • Res
  • Lck (High growths I guess?)

0 voters

1. Third is the magic they can use. Firstly the tier one class. (feel free to tell me if you think they should have access to more than 1 type of magic btw, the maximal answers are 2 so…)
    (P.s I can edit the “glaze” effect of the animation so don’t worry about the magic type not matching the animation)
  • Anima
  • Dark
  • Light
  • Staves

0 voters

1. Forth the magic access for the promoted class. (Maximum choice is 3)
  • Anima
  • Dark
  • Light
  • Staves

0 voters

1. And last but not least, What kind of interesting side niche should the class have? (maximum choice is 2, might combine the top 2 picks)
  • Perfect movement on water
  • A debuffing class lock weapon
  • Gets more defense on water related terrain (beaches, sea, rivers)
  • Some kind of aura skill
  • Other (specify in replies)

0 voters

Also share your class name ideas in the replies I got some good ones but ya know always open to more ideas.
Will my custom animation be wasted because it’s attached to a memey class?, would the class be OP and softlock players? will we ever know? YOU DECIDE!

Hi, been a while huh. So university life has been keeping me busy these few weeks which unfortunately means development has been slow. Buttt I do want to give a mini update here since it’s been a while
So the new drowned class has been implemented in the vanilla hack with following the poll’s result (thanks for the voters btw). As well as this I’ve added a new character to chapter 4 as a representative for the class. Everybody here’s Arabelle!!. (portrait credit to Glaceo, Mr_Karkino)

She’s an optional recruitable in chapter 4 and was kinda set up as an alternative choice to Lute. As mentioned before you’re free to recruit or not recruit her so if you want to preserve the units that are available to you then you can just treat her as an enemy.

The class itself is meant to be a somewhat light tank archetype since you guys decided to focus on mag, def and spd. with access to anima and later the promo light, anima and staves. They are kinda meant to be counterparts to mogalls. like the polls suggested they have perfect water walking and gets defense and res on water based terrain in exchange to lower bonuses on normal terrain.

Regarding the implementation of the drowned class into maps. I’ve done tiny edits to replace some monsters in monster maps into drowned while keeping them mostly the same, the main problem really being my motivation to playtest the rom to get to that point again.

in all honesty my motivation has been waning recently, maybe just need to sort some things out, but hopefully i can upload a new patch for the vanilla hack soon. Wouldn’t want these updates to take like 5 years in between haha

5 Likes

Okay Class, new Updates!!, Finnnnally managed to get a new patch out. Bruh, making custom assets is no joke. But if you haven’t been keeping up, We got a new Custom Class and promo in the vanilla hack now, and a couple of bug fixes of course (hopefully). also implemented these:

THAT’S RIGHT class, we got map animations for the drowned and symphone class as well. (you could actually tell the difference between the zombies now)
Man gonna give credit to ma boy @Lukirioh as well, I had no idea how to make good map sprites so I bothered him a lot during a weekend. Here’s a link to his personal thread.

Anyways, look out for the new class and their weapons cause they’ve been implemented to the monster maps in the vanilla hack. Like the results of the vote, they have +1 def and res on water and sand at the cost of getting less on forests and forts. Anyways, have fun class, I gotta go to class lol.

9 Likes

Hey, I have nothing really constuctive to say but I nonetheless want to inform you that this hack looks great and I can’t wait for the TLCC version to be fully completed to give it a try ; keep up the good work and thanks for sharing it with us ! <3

1 Like

Thank You!!, i do try my best, well sometimes hehe. Hope to get out a new patch for TLCC mode soon, with implementation of the new character there. I really appreciate some comments from players after a pretty long dry spell without it.

1 Like

Just a mini update guys, I’m working on putting Arabelle in TLCC mode, as well as making adjustments to chap 1-7, also as you might’ve noticed I’ve submitted a new staff animation for the drowned and Symphone class for the repo, so I of course will be adding those in for the Symphone class next update. But the main reason for the mini update is mainly to actually ask you guys about how Arabelle is playing as a character? She does have to compete after all with the other mages, especially lute as they have the same weapon type. I’m also just generally curious as to how good a mage with high defense but low res handles with the buffed triangle.

In my recent playtest of TLCC mode, she’s actually pretty damn reliable as a mini tank, debuffer and because I gave her spur strength, a buffer for the other units considering the small maps.

so How was your experience with her? admittedly It’s actually pretty damn hard to balance a unit that has perfect movement on water, not only because there’s few places where she can stand on water and making hurdles for enemies with water movement is hard lol.

1 Like

I just realized I’ve somehow forgotten to lower the drowned move to 4 lol, guess that’s why arabelle became more viable during testing, I think it’s fair to transport this change to the vanilla hack as well

Keep up the good work man! Your animations are great!

1 Like

Thank you!!, admittedly I’m no Nuramon, Obs or Fae but I hope to contribute and populate the monster section in the repo, hehe. I did see an increase in the amount of monster animations submitted to the repo recently and that’s got me super pleased hehe

1 Like

A taste of what’s to come in the next TLCC mode update, why is Seth getting a pay cut? will we ever know?

4 Likes

Morning!! I got a new patch out bois!!.
This one feature’s a completely original map made by me (with the help of the mappers of course), 2 new recruitables and 3 bosses!!
(Credit and thanks for Levin64, ZoramineFae and flashuban for the repo portraits, animation and map animation used in the map (names also in credits))

Now I know that people are busy so I’ve included my own save file in the tlcc download folder so you can play the new map immediately (just select restart chapter 11 and you should have it appear on the world map)
Now the map can be access at any point once you clear chapter 10, similar to like awakening’s paralogue. since it is accessible anytime I did make the enemies pretty difficult to account for it so you might have to watch out for that
also while this map is a world map node, it can only be cleared once. i’ve put in a global flag at the end chapter events so that it’ll kick you out in the start if you select the map node twice.
Good luck and Have fun!! I’m gonna go try sprite some stuff

1 Like

Oh yeah btw, we’re almost at 250 downloads!! at least from the counter beside the dropbox link. I think I’m just gonna thank you before i forgor lol. But yeah, I’d like to thank everyone massively who’s help me make the project, who’s taken the time to play/playtested it and those who has provided me with feedback and compliments on the thread. 250 might not be a lot in the scale of other huge towering intimidating 30+ chapters fan fave projects like VQ and such but I think it’s a pretty good number for a solo dev hehe.
I know my project is but a reskin and there’s most probably more projects on the site that’s more exciting, have interesting ideas and more original but i do take pride in developing it.
I ain’t no game dev but I’ll try my best to make the hack play good and all those other commitment stuff hehe.

5 Likes

Hi!, been a while huh, just wanted to inform everyone that ephraim’s route up to chap 14 is “finished”, aside from further change, balance and all that haha. Anyways really sorry for the almost 1 month radio silence on the website. Truthfully I’m dealing with lotsa personal change etc and unfortunately Fire Emblem is not at all involved with that haha. Well just be assured that TLCC mode is still going to be worked on. I’m committed to finishing this project, even if that commitment sometimes wavers. Anyways I’m gonna be moving on to Erika’s route then. Catch ya later class

5 Likes

Wow 2 months huh, Hi, so how is everybody doing? I’m aware that it’s been quite a while since i made a post or updated the hack, though i did have good reason since i moved to a new city for college. But anyways, not to worry, i have made progress on TLCC mode, chapter 8 and 9 of Erika’s route is as of now complete. That being said there is a reason why i haven’t updated the post to put in these updates, which is because:

Lance

Bow(Ballista)

I was waiting to implement both of these to the hack as promotion for the Bael and as a whole to rebalance the bael classes, as it stands i don’t think the class has much to offer especially the male baels as such i’m not just gonna implement these 2 as new promos for the baels but also rebalancing it.

4 Likes

Which leads me to my point. I’ve been in feu for like 1 1/2 + year (wow time flies huh) and as of yet haven’t really worked with anyone here. And while i have plenty ideas for the hack, it would be nice to have other poeple to share ideas and develop it with. I know it’s just a reskin but hey, maybe i could make a decently good hack from it yknow. So if you wanna help out or maybe even just share ideas:

PassingbyStranger(DAT)#9686

That’s ma Discord ID. It’s not really necessary but areas I would love to have assistance in are:

• Map making
  • Playtesting
  • Eventing
  • Palette fixing

I can do those things myself and development will continue regardless if i have other’s help or not but it would be nice to have other people’s ideas as input and such.

5 Likes

wait how you can play this hack?

What do you mean? Like how to you patch it or-