[Cancelled] Fire Emblem: Dreams of Twilight

Yo, I haven’t sent any proof that proyect is not kill in a while, so here’s some stuff to look forward to in the next update.
Twilight Remaster.emulator-82 Twilight Remaster.emulator-83
For starters, shove! All infantry can shove now with the exception of armored units, who can smite. There was a patch that lets me use movement skills without the skill system and Vision Quest made me realize how nice it is to have shove so here it is.
Twilight Remaster.emulator-80 Twilight Remaster.emulator-81
A sneak peek at Chapter 4 as well as one of the new units you get (look familiar?)
Twilight Remaster.emulator-78 Twilight Remaster.emulator-79
Two things to mention here, 1 of which being the weapons overhaul. I buffed the might of most weapons and made lancers and shamans faster as I wasn’t quite satisfied with the difficulty and I felt like I’d eventually hit a road block where enemies would cap strength early on because they need the strength boost to do meaningful damage, so thats why I buffed weapons. Also, Ivy prf! I swear shes good now!
I also recolored her armor because I felt like recoloring some mugs and I like how Ivy’s armor makes her the Cain to her dad’s Abel
Edit: Forgot to mention I have to test the first 3 chapters all over again because of the weapons overhaul :pain:

10 Likes

Twilight Remaster.emulator-81

Amazing

4 Likes

New release poggers. No new chapters, but there have been a lot of changes to pre-existing chapters.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m3ap4mu1cqv16ha/DoT+Release+1.2.ups/file

Important Changes
  • Canto+ has been properly implemented (Thanks, Epicer)
  • All infantry units have shove and armored units have smite
  • Weapons are stronger all around
  • Ivy has a prf which she gets from a talk convo in Chapter 3
  • Some other stuff I’m probably forgetting

EDIT: I forgot to finish my sentence oh my god I’m incompetent, also not sure if I mentioned this but intended difficulty is Hard

9 Likes

Hey so I noticed I haven’t posted anything to prove this hack is in fact not dead in checks notes 4 months! Unfortunately I have not made too much progress since then as I was pretty demotivated. Luckily, I’ve gotten a sudden surge of motivation and have been slowly but surely been chipping away at my to-do list before next release.
Twilight Remaster.emulator-156 Twilight Remaster.emulator-157
Twilight Remaster.emulator-158 Twilight Remaster.emulator-159
For starters, some snazzy new portraits for the starting squad (courtesy of Bwan and RandomWizard, as well as Pushwall for Colton’s updated mug).
Twilight Remaster.emulator-154
Secondly, a sneak peak at Chapter 5 (yeah I know, grrr rout map).
Twilight Remaster.emulator-155 Twilight Remaster.emulator-160
Finally, a look at the updated UI. DoT’s now rocking the FE7 battle frame, darker colors for other UI elements, and gasp palettes for all the playable characters!

So yeah, that’s all for now. I’m very much looking forward to releasing the next major update some time within the next 400 millenia.

14 Likes

I like how the battle frame screenshot is just Marius suiciding.

6 Likes

Y’all know what day it is? Yeah, that’s right, today marks the 1 year anniversary of the day I first made the DoT thread (also, it’s Marius’ birthday, ain’t that dandy?)
birthday mar
But of course, what is a birthday without a present? My original goal of finishing Chapter 7 before making my next release is a tad too ambitious to be done in time for today, and since this release is pretty hefty as is, I decided that I’ll settle for release 2.0 only going up to Chapter 5. Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/27pn1h5rbksr606/DoT+Release+2.0.ups/file

10 Likes

This game was unplayable before, but due to the prettier graphics, it’s amazing now!

no but fr congrats on progress, will play it more later

Oh boy its everybody’s favorite time again: hotfix time!
Fixes a hiccup in Chapter 1 that loads an event that definitely should not be there
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zhi5plttjyxtv11/DoT_Release_2.1.ups/file

3 Likes

It’s ya boy back at it again with another EPIC hotfix that disables fixed growths mode (which I only had on for testing purposes) and also fixes a bug where Dante hecking died after chapter 3
https://www.mediafire.com/file/abi77kwt0kakjr3/DoT+Release+2.2.ups/file

4 Likes

New, albeit small, update. Mostly just some small tweaks and fixes, the big thing here is a new palette for Chapter 2 done by famous hackrom YouTuber Pandan, so big mcthankies to him for that.
Twilight Remaster.emulator-188
As a side note, I ask that anyone who plays DoT and can properly articulate their feedback to me does so. Feedback goes a long way and will ultimately result in a better end result.

Changelog
  • Increased Blessed Lance might by 1, lowering Lagertha’s strength threshold for OHKOing.
  • Added a warning for the Chapter 3 anti turtle, similar to the Chapter 2 anti-turtle.
  • Added a Ren-Gwen talk convo in Chapter 4. You don’t get anything for it, it’s just for flavor.
  • Fixed some text hiccups with regards to Livana’s name.
  • Chapter 2 has a new palette

Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1ioppq9av9k4we0/DoT+Release+2.3.ups/file

2 Likes

I’ve been putting this announcement off for a while but today’s been crap as is so I might as well just bite the bullet: Proyect has died again, and this time there is absolutely no chance of me wanting to come back to it. The SotF type gameplay is fun to play, but extremely boring and limiting to make. If you’re one of 2 people who care enough to want to know more, ask me on Discord, I don’t feel like typing an essay.

14 Likes

Excited to see what you come up with next. DoT was neat but I’m confident you can take the lessons from your dev time here and make something better. Good luck.

5 Likes