[FE8] Fire Emblem: Celestaris Book 0 v0.14.0 (WIP) Book II v1.0.3 (WIP), Book I v1.2.4 (Complete)

First off the name, I just like combining words. Celestial-Star-(Aurora) Borealis. I’m also obsessed with space, stars and the moon. Carrying on!

All releases for both Books I and II (And any further that may occur) are now found in a folder so I don’t need to remember to keep redoing links, efficiency!

Synopsis

Lovis, the world home to many different races, continents and nations, although as of the more recent years more bizarre and unexplainable things keep happening; in the year 1120 of the Unified Calendar the world of Lovis is at a tenuous peace, brought about by many previous pacts, alliances, wars and armistices-- A story of many, of those who call the world their home as some just live their lives, some wish to explore, others who want to change the world, and others still who would like to make it their own.

Random stuff!

• The majority, if not all of the portraits are mine, depending on if what are currently placeholders are made permanent. Or if anyone helps out. So there might be a unique portrait style if you like looking at character portraits!
  • Quite a large number of custom animations, a few are mine, although the majority are by the wonderful people who donated them to repo!
  • Custom Items! Everyone in Book I has a personal weapon by the end, a select few even have two. The other books also have a few personal weapons not just attached to the ‘lord’ characters.
  • Light magic has its own identity. Anima is the normal magic with no special effects, Dark is the weird magic with lots of strange effects, while Light has passive auras and buffs to help with support. (There are some exceptions, like Jormungand being a standard, mid-level Dark tome, or Resire being a Light tome that siphons HP)
  • Experimentation! Most books will play differently in some way, with different systems, while you may not like something of a particular book, you may yet find something you adore about the other ones. (I do a ‘dev playthrough’ for those who wish to skip any books in favour of just watching and not missing any potentially important story beats!)
  • Many… many characters for people to obsess over! find neat!
  • Different races if you like the spice of characters not just being Humans and sometimes Manaketes and/or Laguz!

Book 0

Features!

• Lots of foxgirls! (YET again!) A number of other fantasy-flavoured races too!
  • It’s probably playable!
  • You beat the chapter and then you play the next one, how novel!
  • The writing is still being written by a mad fox with a keyboard!
  • Constitution and Movement growths!
  • Custom skills!
  • Thracia trading again!
  • New affinity!(ies?)
  • A different take on ‘battle music’-- it’s based on the character’s home nation, including for generics.
  • A fairly full ‘misc info’ page from the character status’ for those who like random info!
  • A take on Engage’s Smash weapons and Revival Stones!
  • New weapon types! For example Gun using Skill for damage and Knives being the stat reduction menace they are in Fates!
  • An expanded (and probably also convoluted) weapon triangle!

Cast! (So far!)
EveryoneBook0

Screenshots

blasphemy
Pure blasphemy!
Infos
Lots of random character info!
poi
Ooh, what does this mean?
bossyboss
Woah creepy.

Changelog

v0.3.0.20240115

• It exists!

v0.5.0.20240208

• No more Supply/Convoy from the start! You’ll get it later.
  • Character inventories effectively ‘reset’ between the ‘prologue arc’ chapters-- there IS a large timeskip between each, you’d assume that everyone would do something during that time.
  • Xihe has a new Forbearance tome in place of her Lightning tome, this gives her access to the ‘Mercy’ skill.
  • Xihe will now rise from the dead if you get her killed!.. This also only applies to the ‘prologue arc’, again, having time between to heal.
  • More chapters!
  • As it stands now, Easy reduces enemy levels by 5, Normal has no change, and Hard increases enemy levels by 5.
  • All class growths +10%, this should mean enemies should ramp up in threat as time goes on.

v0.6.0.20240303

• Chapter 3 has had some of its mountains and trees culled to hopefully make it a bit easier to traverse.
  • All currently playable units have personal skills.
  • A new ‘icon’ to the side of a Lord characters’ name in the character stat sheet, just a clear way to show that a particular unit is a lord, meaning they can seize, but will cause a game over upon defeat.
  • ‘Blade’ weapons now have +5 MT compared to their ‘Sword’ counterparts.
  • Iron Sword ‘nerfed’ by 1 use to keep consistency with other Iron weapons. Steel Sword/Bow gives 2 WEXP for the same reason.
  • Chapter 4 exists!

v0.10.0.20240331

• Aoi buffed a little. +2 RES.
  • Eira buffed a bit to make her more tanky and damage-ey. +2 HP, +2 STR, +1 DEF.
  • Lorelai gets +1 SPD.
  • More chapters with more characters!
  • Bonus Exp!.. working basically the same as Pyrathi Warlords-- at the end of a battle preps map all undeployed units gain 50 EXP.
  • Pegasus Knights buffed up a bit so they’re at least on par with Drake Riders.
  • Shamshir is now Wo Dao and has more CRIT so it’s a little more than just ‘worse Killing Edge’.
  • Eira’s ‘point of interests’ now have a little notifier on maps.

v0.10.1.20240404

• More personal skills! The majority of playables have their skills now.

v0.14.0.20240420

• Even more chapters!
  • Restore Staves now only cost 1500 and have 1-3 range.
  • Status staves only last for two turns.

Book II

Features!

• Lots of foxgirls! (again!) A number of other fantasy-flavoured races too!
  • Constitution and Movement growths!
  • Custom skills!
  • Movement Stars!
  • A take on Engage’s Smash weapons!
  • It’s still playable!
  • Chapter selection yet again!
  • Save data that carries over! Process here~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MBQrrRl3GM
  • Weird writing!
  • Chapters have music unique to the chapter!
  • Thracia trading again!
  • New affinity!(ies?)
  • New weapon types! For example Gun using Skill for damage and Knives being the stat reduction menace they are in Fates!
  • The ability for any character to capture and foot-locked units to shove/smite!
  • An expanded (and probably also convoluted) weapon triangle!

Cast! (So far!)
EveryoneBookII

Screenshots

A Master Knight! Oooh.
lotsofdamage
Personal skill!.. And an extremely muscular elf woman.
Guns and knives!

Changelog

v.(75).0.3.0.20230604105826

• Release!

v.0.4.0.20230614211854

• New weapon triangle stuff! Guns and Knives are part of their own Ranged Physical triangle along with bows!
  • Chapter X-1 added.
  • Gun weapon type damages based on SKL instead of STR.
  • A few changes to the character status screen pages.
  • X-2 Lyulf given Fenrir instead of Jormungand
  • Sionnach’s sword/axe rank removed.
  • Rowena’s sword/lance rank removed, has a Steel Knife instead of Steel Sword.
  • Likely a few other things I’m forgetting, having recreated the chapters from scratch again, haha.

v.0.4.1.20230617121508

• Those missing personal skills before now have them.
  • The ‘protagonists’ (Chapter select characters) are now considered ‘Lord’ characters.
  • The ‘Misc’ page of the character status screens now shows a character’s race. (If one of the features is non-Fire Emblem races, may as well lean into it)
  • Fixed growths option! Will give the option once on the chapter select. Will also work for existing saves when you get to the chapter select next.
  • Unique ultimate weapons will now be ‘refreshed’ upon re-entering their origin chapter as with Book I.
  • The pointless ending spiels from Book I return!

v.0.4.2.20230620124321

• Fox mama Anji and fox grandma Azukiiro have had their portraits updated for bigger ears.
  • A few musical themes have had their volumes reduced.
  • Ylva ‘should’ properly rejoin if you redo X-1 (If you looked in the unit menu before you’d not see her there)
  • Tarvos and Maelduin are now also considered mounted for anti-cavalry weaponry.
  • X-2 Kiyiya (Oasis house) will now give you a Hammer instead of Armourslayer.

v.0.4.3.20230627205831

• X-1 there seems to have been a bit of forgotten code which made something spawn when it shouldn’t have, that’s been rectified.
  • Typo fixes.
  • Monster weapons can no longer be yoinked if you capture the monsters (Which… is good, stop pulling zombie claws out and putting them in your pocket ew). (This DOES exclude the ‘Dark’ weapons like Crimson Eye, though!)
  • Removed the ability to throw knives into the supply! (This was because if you put them in you couldn’t get them back out so they’d waste space AND you’d lose the thing.)
  • Silver Weapons are now B Rank, with Brave weapons being A Rank, Steel Axe’s rank corrected to D as well. Greatlances all went down a rank as well. (The Silver Nageyari and Silver Flatbow stay as A Rank)
  • New shiny chapter intros!
  • Character status screen updated a bit.
  • Characters you’ve got killed will now be revived upon doing their origin chapter via the power of necromancy!.. Again.
  • Save file changes, so now there should be room for 200 convoy items like Book I, hopefully this doesn’t kill everything.
  • A number of map sprites (mostly monsters) squished to reduce the chance for map sprite weirdness.
  • Now there’s a more visual indicator on the status screen to show if a unit can use a knife/gun/etc. (Still need to figure how to get rid of the usual bar/text it shows, since those are useless here.)
  • Book I save compatability is here! As of yet it only boosts Velvet’s stats (Being the only current returning character) and keeps most of your convoy items, but keep your completed Book I save handy in case more is added later.

v.0.4.4.20230628210923

• Extra weapon types on the status screen now only show the icon.

v0.5.0.20230709225319

• Now you may freely move in the chapter select!
  • Chapter X-S2 is now playable!
  • You can check a character’s race description to learn more about their race!
  • No more weapon rank limits, if a character has a rank it can become S.
  • The level cap glitch should be fixed now.
  • Typo fixes and description updates.
  • Special weapon rank icons updated thanks to Lukirioh!
  • Dancer ring usability is now shown in the weapon types. Same with Monsters showing an icon for the ‘Evil’ type.
  • More weapon types! X-1 Xtabay’s Demilune is now considered a Scythe.
  • Now you can toss knives into the convoy again! Some jiggery-pokery was done so it may take a while to get used to new item placements.
  • Weird chapter select glitchy enemies are no longer an issue.

v1.0.0.20230716162153

• Typo fixes and description updates.
  • Chapter X-3 is now playable!

v1.0.1.20230718201230

• Weird character stuff should be fixed after finishing X-3 (For example losing Veliko if you didn’t open his cell)
  • A new ‘Battle Preparation map’ to sort through character inventories more efficiently.
  • A new ‘Password’ system, right now there is only one password that will be revealed in that ‘Just Another FE8 PME’ I’m working on.
  • Title screen updated a bit.

v1.0.2.20230722105701

• Everyone in Chapter X-3 has personal skills.
  • A description update somewhere.

v1.0.3.20230303

• Aokoran’s Elementalist skill updated (Now if you somehow get your hands on a Siege tome, she’ll be able to use it.)
  • Rapier changed to E rank from no rank, oops.
  • Velvet can now use Knives and Fist weapons, though still no animations for either, and no things she can use to punch with.
  • Lyulf and Ceres’ MAG stat upped to what they were supposed to be.
  • Magic weapons used SKL instead of MAG from when I made Gun type use SKL and I never noticed. Derp. Fixed.
  • ‘Blade’ weapons now have +5 MT compared to their ‘Sword’ counterparts.
  • ‘Greatlance’ weapons rebalanced a bit, most of their numbers changed in some way.
  • Iron Sword ‘nerfed’ by 1 use to keep consistency with other Iron weapons. Steel Sword/Bow gives 2 WEXP for the same reason.

Book I

Features!

• …You can play it, I guess!
  • Currently 5 main chapters and 4 side chapters.
  • Chapter select! Play in any order and re-play chapters if you want to grind characters up! Stats/items carry over!
  • Shared convoy! This is mostly for fun, it’s shared between every team so you could theoretically cheese that way.
  • Some marginally unique animations!
  • …Lots of foxgirls?
  • A few other races like Elves and Dwarves.
  • Convoluted writing! Seriousness and humour is somewhere around 50-50
  • Every chapter has different music!
  • Thracia trading!.. And convoying! (That is, neither take a turn if cancelling)

Cast!
Everyone

Screenshots

Chapter selection!
FE Celestaris X-S3 133AggressorSkill.emulator_00
Annihilating zombies through utter fear!
FE Celestaris X-S3 133AggressorSkill.emulator_03
2-3 bow range and weapon triangle addition! (Bow>Sword/Axe/Lance) only on initiative, no advantage or disadvantage if you’re under attack.
FE Celestaris X-S3 133AggressorSkill.emulator_04
People complaining about monsters smelling bad!
FE Celestaris X-S3 133AggressorSkill.emulator_05
Disintegrating bandits with a tiny robot!
FE Celestaris X-S3 133AggressorSkill.emulator_06
Zombie bishops!
FE Celestaris X-S3 133AggressorSkill.emulator_08
A chapter to abscond with all of the shinies!
FE Celestaris X-S3 133AggressorSkill.emulator_09

I also do progress/gameplay on this on my Youtube channel.
…If I forget to remove Neoma from the chapter select, I quite recommend not saving in the ‘test’ chapter! Have fun playing it though.

Changelog

v.1.0.1.20221226222244

• Valentina’s magic rank removed, it wasn’t supposed to be there and somehow I never noticed it was.
  • Tafel no longer starts with Provoke skill
  • Lillith can now use her own tome. Not that you’ll want her to.

v1.0.2.20221227144737

• A few item descriptions reworded, like ‘effective against infantry’ now being ‘effective against armour/cavalry’.
  • Now all ultimate-like weapons only have 20 durability-- aside from Aurion having 40 (Since it’s weaker and is used more often) and Juniper’s I.E.E. due to being unique. (And like, infinite)
  • Sterling’s Amaterasu skill replaced with Bond, so he ‘should’ passively heal allies now.
  • West-side enemies in X-3 nerfed a bit.
  • Juniper’s caps reduced to 25 (So they’ll have 40 max with the I.E.E. bonuses)
  • Added more targets to effective weapons (So the Swordslayer in X-3 is actually effective to Akiyama for example)

v1.1.0.20230105204133

• Chapters X-5 and X-S3 added!
  • Some funky portaits in the statscreen should be fixed now.
  • Light magic changed around, all Light tomes now buff/support in some way (Aside from Judgement since its thing is an attack version of sleep).
  • Wicked’s Might and Weight upped. (16 Mt > 17, 9 Wt > 15)
  • Ultimate weapons will now disappear from your inventory upon redoing their origin chapter, this is so you can’t just stock them infinitely.
  • Updates to Velvet/Vagrant’s Vanaheim animations.
  • Updates to Yuki’s sword animations.
  • Update to Spartan class’ weapon animations.

v1.1.1.20230107085320

• The last boss now actually does damage properly, goodie!
  • Last boss should now be less obnoxious with a certain skill activating, Barricade+ added so you don’t just kill it in a single turn. (Probably)

v1.1.2.20230107174628

• Things seem to have portrait changed accidentally while I was playing around with stuff, that should be fixed now, oops! (In particular, Lakche’s portrait in X-2)
  • Sapphire’s Banneret class has 6 move to be in line with the other classes.
  • Update to Io’s sword animation.
  • Update to Ceres’ sword animation.

v1.1.3.20230117224138

• Fixed a typo in last boss class’ description.
  • Small camera fix for X-5 during some Entombed spawns.
  • Thieves and deriatives now have the Lightweight skill instead of Heavy Blade.
  • New conversations for X-5.

v1.1.4.20230219221237

• A few ‘ultimate’ weapons didn’t reset properly in X-5, that should be fixed now.
  • Typo fixes.
  • Obscura Stella had the wrong weapon description. Oops.

v.1.2.0.20230626110412

• Character status screen changed to be more consistent with Book II, same with chapter intros (…retroactively)
  • A bunch of map sprites-- mostly monster were squished to decrease the chance for weird map sprite shenanigans.
  • Judgement’s tome icon changed to what it should have been this entire time.
  • Chapter X-S4 now exists!
  • ‘Big Velvet’ portrait updated to be more consistent and have proper fluffy ears.
  • Juniper’s Infinite Energy Engine renamed to Infinite Energy Engine Alpha, nerfed to give +15 STR/SKL and +7 DEF/RES, but they’ve also gained Infinite Energy Engine Delta giving +15 DEF/RES and +7 STR/SKL and Bracing Stance skill.
  • Lyre has a new little animation for her Final Hour bow.
  • Title screen updated a bit.
  • Characters you’ve got killed will now be revived upon doing their origin chapter via the power of necromancy!.. They’ll start at their base stats though, so there is still punishment there.

v.1.2.1.20230628205616

• Fox grandma Azukiiro’s portrait updated for proper ears… again. (i forgot for the supposed ‘final’ update oops)
  • Fixed growth mode added as an option.

v.1.2.2.20230704090918

• You should be able to steal things properly again!
  • No more weapon rank limits, if a character has a rank it can become S.
  • The level cap glitch should be fixed now.

v.1.2.3.20230709222900

• Weird chapter select glitchy enemies are no longer an issue.

v.1.2.4.20230718172152

• Title screen updated more. Opening ‘movie’ no longer plays.

Inspirations and stuff~

Fire Emblem series (Naturally!), Tales series, Ys series, Kingdom Hearts series, Live A Live, Xenoblade series, Metroid series (I mean there’s a robot with beams), Zelda series
Likely more I forget, but that’s the issue with forgetting, you don’t remember them.

Random spiels

I have no sense in art and… whatever, so character battle sprites and portraits are going mismatch a bit.
I also have no sense in colours and all that, so there may be weird things there.
I’ve ALSO also no sense in level/map design so these map monstrosities were left to the randomness of the map randomiser for the most part, with me just tossing a random tile/chest/house here or there. (Thank you map randomiser for making it possible for a derp like me either way!)
I’ve also x3 got zero sense in balancing, everything here is guesswork.

Really a lot of what motivates me to do stuff is just what I find fun, but I’ve got a weird idea of fun so I’ve no idea of what anyone else thinks. Related to that a lot of what I do is on a whim with no planning, so I don’t doubt inonsistencies there.

If something’s gone terribly wrong, since I’m the only one to work on this it is quite highly likely that it’s my fault. don’t yell at me too much though pls.

Some ‘promoted’ classes (In particular ‘special’ variants like Black Crusader) and special classes cap at level 30 instead of 20, still debating if I should just make EVERY promoted class cap at 30.

For a bit of weird explanation to what this might be, I do want to do proper game dev stuff with this as a guide at some point, so a lot of this is prehaps selfishly for me to have something to work off of for story and general events and stuff, but hopefully this hack will at least be fun enough in its own right.

There are going to be a few inconsistencies in character portraits, most of them are years apart in creation and need updating, I’m really lazy with updates though so they might just stay as is.

Gameplay!

38 Likes

Welcome to the community first off!
I’m having a lot of fun so far, currently only beat X-1 and will probably update this post after. Currently noticed the following issues:

• Tafel already has Provoke skill before Valentina talks to them.
  • Medve has poison affliction when he joins
  • Lilith has a Pale Beyond tome but can’t use it

EDIT: I’ve played X-2 now.

• Noticed I can move, trade, cancel move to pass items around without spending turn. Unsure if intended.
  • Boss for X-2 feels a bit too-strong unless one is expected to lose some units fighting them. Playing on Normal for context.
    May very well be the case with spider about poison can check again later.
2 Likes

My. Those are very strange issues, I wonder how I broke that, huh…

Edit~
Valentina’s magic rank removed, it wasn’t supposed to be there and somehow I never noticed it was.
Tafel no longer starts with Provoke skill
Lillith can now use her own tome. Not that you’ll want her to.

I’m not seeing Medve poisoned when he appears. Did you leave the creepy spider where it spawns and he got hit by it or something? Anyways, thank you!

Finished, some further observations of possible issues:

• Noticed I can also use convoy then cancel to put things in/out without a turn.
  • X-3, if player doesn’t move fast enough, Chie, Akiyama and Thorgas will die without savescumming.
  • Amaterasu on Sterling doens’t seem to work
  • Test map has entire party off-screen, can be seen via menu. Due to this turn won’t end after only usable char finishes moving.
  • After test map one is put onto the vanilla worldmap although the only fight is X-2 which then has an extra unit off-map. Afterwards returns things to normal chapter select

Medve wasn’t poisoned this time so must have been spider.

I really enjoyed this overall and can see myself messing around a little to maybe grind up units even. Thanks for making it and will be keeping an eye out for further things :slight_smile:

1 Like

~ Trading/Convoy thing is most definitely intentional! Maybe I should’ve mentioned that. Oops.
~ Is Liusaidh too much? I generally keep Dulam entirely to whittle her down and heal any backfires, then Fenris the rest of her HP down. Oops. I’ll need to think on what to do there! Thanks!

~ Hmmm… I was sorta thinking of ditching the Gorgon entirely and weakening a few enemies around there and/or buffing the group, so maybe I should get to doing that.
~ Doesn’t it? That most definitely needs to be looked into, a heal that doesn’t heal isn’t quite so handy.

~Anything test map related won’t really be fixed, it’s not really supposed to be there and should not be saved within. Maybe I should mention something more properly about that. Or just remember to remove it for releases.

I also want to have it so that if units die they ‘reset’ if you redo their origin map, as well as doing something with ultimate/unique items so you can’t just duplicate them infinitely by continuiously redoing chapters but we shall have to see!

1 Like

Zombie bishops? And monster girl? I’m in

2 Likes

Hello! Just popping up to say the next update with the newest chapter and side chapter is up! Along with that, for fun a collage of sorts with all of the characters that appear (Though not all are playable.)

Everyone

v1.1.0.20230105204133

• Chapters X-5 and X-S3 added!
  • Some funky portaits in the statscreen should be fixed now.
  • Light magic changed around, all Light tomes now buff/support in some way (Aside from Judgement since its thing is an attack version of sleep).
  • Wicked’s Might and Weight upped. (16 Mt > 17, 9 Wt > 15)
  • Ultimate weapons will now disappear from your inventory upon redoing their origin chapter, this is so you can’t just stock them infinitely.
  • Updates to Velvet/Vagrant’s Vanaheim animations.
  • Updates to Yuki’s sword animations.
  • Update to Spartan class’ weapon animations.

…And as an extra, there are little comic thingies that may put more context and background to the world and characters. Ideally I’d put them into hack form of course, but my way of doing things never makes sense.

Have a good day! And uh… very… very belated happy new year!

Spoiler related stuff

Soooo… why’d I decide to have it that you control literally everyone by the end? I just sorta wanted to see it done, I’ve not played a hack where everyone was fielded at the same time so a bit of selfish fun, then I ‘balanced’ it around that so there are also a LOT of powerful enemies to spawn to still give some challenge.

Could I condense the chapter in some future version? I dunno it’d be weird to do, especially since everyone spawns in their own groups… Maybe if it was split or something? Dunno. Probably won’t be condensed.

Update~

v1.1.1.20230107085320

• The last boss now actually does damage properly, goodie!
  • Last boss should now be less obnoxious with a certain skill activating, Barricade+ added so you don’t just kill it in a single turn. (Probably)

While playtesting initially I already wanted to do something to make it less stupidly annoying, but it seems playtesting more again yesterday just pushed me over the edge on that decision, so if you’re playing and find the boss annoying… So did I! Hopefully this’ll make it more fun.

Stupid update the second~

v1.1.2.20230107174628

• Things seem to have portrait changed accidentally while I was playing around with stuff, that should be fixed now, oops! (In particular, Lakche’s portrait in X-2)
  • Sapphire’s Banneret class has 6 move to be in line with the other classes.
  • Update to Io’s sword animation.
  • Update to Ceres’ sword animation.

Just a few smaller things (Unless you really like movement because extra movement is always good to have)

Random pre-Engage update~

v1.1.3.20230117224138

• Fixed a typo in last boss class’ description.
  • Small camera fix for X-5 during some Entombed spawns.
  • Thieves and deriatives now have the Lightweight skill instead of Heavy Blade.
  • New conversations for X-5.

Thought it’d be fun to fill the chapter out with a few more conversations, as usual you might get stuff from them.

Edit: Oh my, it seems I forgot to test with an older save for 1.1.3, if you’re using an older save you’ll likely have glitches like freezing and the game restarting, this means you’ll need to start your file over, sorry for inconvenience!

…After testing more it may just be that you’ll need to suspend and restart a save, well that’s convenient.

8 Likes

Following this one with interest. Convoluted writing, foxgirls, sounds fun.

2 Likes

Random small update!

v1.1.4.20230219221237

• A few ‘ultimate’ weapons didn’t reset properly in X-5, that should be fixed now.
  • Typo fixes.
  • Obscura Stella had the wrong weapon description. Oops.

…You’ll also see on that test chapter there’s a new character, so uh right now I’m debating with myself to continue on with this or instead move to a ‘Book II’ of sorts, with the limited character slots and me being a stubborn dummy wanting to keep the ability to grind characters up and wanting to play around with even more random character stories and stuff this seems to be the only thing I can think of.
Might do an extra chapter or two here but dunno yet!

8 Likes

Erm… Hello!
What’s this? Well, it might be that ‘Book II’ I mentioned. Possibly. …Maybe. Early days still so there’s really not much yet, but basically everything from Book I is being thrown and or refreshed. excluding the chapter select apparently. I’ll probably do a new map for the chapter select but lazy for now.

Some example of changes are… No longer an arbitrary number of skills! Two max per character! One personal skill, and one (promoted) class skill. …well there might be exceptions, but again, early days-- this’ll be the general layout, personal skills (At least for most characters) will be custom skills not seen in the base skill system!.. I won’t lie though that I’m uncreative so some could be basically variants of existing skills with different numbers or something, but that’s not unlikely when you’ve got a million characters to make skills for.

Since this is technically a separate thing, I’m unsure if I should keep Book II in this topic or just make a separate thread. I’d ask opinions but I’m too used being ignored whenever I ask so I’ll probably decide by the next update or something.

While it ‘is’ separate and not evern character slots line up, I DO want to have some little bonus if you played through Book I and carry your save over (It’ll probably pick up on flags, delete all of the progress you have via events and then do whatever) but as of yet I’m not sure on what to do for a little bonus thing.

Anyways, that’s it for now, hopefully everyone’s having a good day! Ciao!

7 Likes

For some reason when adding a talk event the initiator turns into Eirika and teleports to the top right of the map, followed by the dreaded screech of death and freeze right before text pops up.
Not pictured, the dreaded screech of death, since it’s a sound and not a picture. Now I need to figure out how I’ve destroyed talk events, neat!

If this wasn’t a way to make me want to learn more about buildfiles I dunno what is. Depending on stuff the next ‘proper’ update may not happen for quite some time. If I can fix this it’ll just go on as is, if not I’ll try and figure my way around those.

7 Likes

Great game i hope you make many more chapters
And a continous story like the other fire emblem
I like the characters
And weapons
and i think it deserves to Be a longer game …
Like 40 chapters or more i hope you make it longer
In the next update

1 Like

I have no idea if it’s actually apt to post this here but it’s my thread and i’ll do what i want but I thought I may as well say something on what’s happening-- learning about buildfiles seems to be progressing somewhat. Rather slowly. I’ve finally got all of the (generic) classes in and all that entails.

…Just using FEBuilder here to illustrate, no changes have been made in it.
Will I actually USE all of those bloody class slots? Probably not, but this particular version with all of these new ‘generic’ classes is just a base for me to use for any further things. I tend to put effort into things allowing myself to be lazy you know!

…By generic classes, while likely obvious, I just mean anything not used for unique character classes, like Nue up there! Poor Nue being the cause of a crash.

…Well actually there is this weird issue where map sprites attached to classes after a certain point will seem to use the standing sprite from something else, in this case the Wolf Knight using Ephraim’s map sprite (Which in this case is just Ephraim’s lord class)
ProgressSorta
(The Ephraim to the side of Eirika) How strange. Ignore the dead Nils i didn’t do it i swear for some reason the dragon vein seems to be using that map sprite. Who’d have thought dragon veins were made from uh… not-so-living dragons. I didn’t think the ‘vein’ referred to the veins of the body, who knew.

@Qais Hehehe thank you. We’ll have to see what happens! Maybe after I do a few of these ‘books’ I’ll do a proper one taking a few characters from each or something.

4 Likes

That’s a known issue.

To fix it, add this somewhere in the buildfiles:

PUSH
ORG 0x26706
BYTE 0xFF
ORG 0x2678A
BYTE 0xFF
ORG 0x2680C
BYTE 0xFF
ORG 0x26C68
BYTE 0xFF
ORG 0x27250
BYTE 0xFF
ORG 0x27B96
BYTE 0xFF
ORG 0x27C82
BYTE 0xFF
ORG 0x27D30
BYTE 0xFF
ORG 0x27DF0
BYTE 0xFF
ORG 0x27E84
BYTE 0xFF
ORG 0x27F5A
BYTE 0xFF
ORG 0x2804C
BYTE 0xFF

ORG 0x268E4
SHORT 0x2000
ORG 0x26A52
SHORT 0x2000
ORG 0x26B42
SHORT 0x2000
POP
1 Like

Yeah its amazing this game needs more episodes and to be longer
I mean its a great job
You sould continue and make more games
I will wait to try them all

1 Like

Ah, I already had that-- which is what made it so strange. Thank you though!

Did end up fixing it by looking at what FEBuilder patched and added the extra lines from that.

2 Likes

Welp, more progress before Zelda devours all of my free time tomorrow-- about all of the setup is finally done. Yaaaaaay. All that’s really left is to get weapon locks working to give knife users exclusive rights to all short and stabby weapons aaaand uhhhh… fixing some sound stuff.

A few sounds I imported from FE6/7 like both of the Forblaze variants and the Exaccus (I can’t remember if there’s a more recent translation) ranged sound as of yet are just pleasant piano noises before they delete your face instead of their usual sounds. How grisly.

I imagine it’s due to instrument stuff which I currently know nothing about, but we’ll see if my dumb brain can get it.

4 Likes

So uh what knife classes do we have? Ahem ahem

1 Like

Of generics currently? Uhhhh… Thieves, Assassins, Rogues and Wolf Knights.
A few characters might get knife access as a special thing, but I am not even totally sure on characters that’ll appear yet.
They’re a bit of a late addition so it’s very sparse right now, I’ll decide on more after getting bored of Zelda probably.

No magic unit daggers? ;"(

1 Like