[FE8] FE:BR (MOBA Emblem) (1.04)

I have been playing for a while and found a few glitches and bugs that should be reported.

First, when you get the missing ring, if your inventory is full, when you discard an Item, the game will Crash instantly.

Next, on Challenge mode (i cant renember if this happened on the other modes), when Cath weapon level reaches S rank, the next time you chose, fight, with anyone, the characters freezes and nothing happens, forcing to reset the game.

This aside, im having a lot of fun with the new updates, i like it.

3 Likes

thanks for the feedback! i’ll see what i can do about those glitches.
i’m honestly not entirely sure what could be causing these issues, could you possibly upload a copy of your save file?

edit - nevermind

i was able to replicate the S Rank glitch with a different character, so i think there might just be an issue with unpromoted classes being able to hit S Rank in general. there are no S Rank weapons available currently so i think the best option for now is to just set unpromoted classes max weapon rank at A again.

the missing ring glitch might have something to do with the lack of access to the convoy, but i’m not sure why discarding crashes the game. for now, i’ve just made it so that the missing ring goes right to the convoy on pickup.

hotfix in the OP!

1 Like

I tried the new Patch, and the A weapon rank was a good way to prevent this glitch, sadly i found a new one.

Moba Emblem_1637247354044

In this chapter, bosses spawns every turn, but the worst is one of them get 2 lvls per turn witch make this impossible to complete.

1 Like

oh boy that definitely shouldn’t be happening!
looks like when i did the enemy hero rework, i somehow forgot to update the event for that map -_-
hotfix now in OP.
thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

This looks like a really creative hack! I will definitely give this a go, after I finish this game I’m working on!

1 Like

Ayo, Lesk here, with overly editted message on tier-listing multiple characthers on this game.

Now, in my opinion, this has balance issues, where it comes out clear what choices are the absolute best and which ones don’t offer anything good - so get ready for a tier-list/explanation:

With LeskTech disabled for 1v1, current rankings are only for 1v1 combats, thus no outside skills to boost up the characthers’ growths, abilities or similar to enhance their performance.

Cath - S Tier

Cath is broken. Why, you say? She’s a speedster unit with the ability to rack up enormous amount of avoid and, with the ability to get Lancebreaker at lv5, she rarely will get hit by anything that isn’t a Bernadetta. Although frail, Shade makes it so all enemies will prioritize goons (if able), which lets her get enough attacks by herself with her prf brave dagger to go to town.
It’s quite advised to buy an Energy Ring turn 1 as, although high def enemies like Oswin might be a slight block, she’ll be able to tear through enemies rapidly.
She’s also a thief. Thieves are both a great grind tool and a counter tool for many other users - stealing their statbooster items for 500/1500 gold allows you to get abnormally large amounts of gold for either resources in-match or out-match.
Pass is a great cap skill as it lets you dash thru enemies and finish a map when needed.

Toxic Strike and Steal+ are skills there that will slightly aid her but aren’t too groundbreaking.

Sue - D Tier

Considering Cath as the other starter unit, Sue really doesn’t feel like a unit that is truly worth of using - her personal weapon, while nice in concept, a 1-2 range bow, doesn’t get much mileage when knife users and tomes are quite a major thing.

Then, her kit feels… weird with the feeling you’re given to a bow of this kind - I’d imagine a 1-2 bow would allow me to enemy phase better since she has the ability to counter back, but her bulk doesn’t aid for it - and she doesn’t have the early weight to pull damage on player phase on the first turns.

Insight and Sure Shot together feel strange, to the point you realize that Sure Shot works off skill to not miss, when skill as a stat does that by default - then also crit, which gives you the ability to do more damage than Sure Shot ever will.

Opportunist feels like a good skill on her thanks to her initial 1-2 and later 1-3, and +15 crit is a good present, but she doesn’t have the numbers to back it up.

Serra & Erk - C/B Tier

Serra is… a strange unit. She has a type of archetype that doesn’t seem to bode well into the game, which combined with the AI of the game, makes it so that her full potential isn’t really shown.

Serra feels like a mobber, that is, a characther capable of being able to swarm opponents with greenbies thanks to her being able to keep them alive - if it weren’t by the fact that after some turns, any hero will simply erase any mobs from the map.

She has probably one of the slowest leveling speeds ever, making her a very slow characther to play, but has both access to healing and summoning to patch up for that, and her levels quickly put her on a respectable statline capable of holding on the frontlines if an attack goes her way.

Erk is a mage that can be summoned with a skill that currently doesn’t seem relevant, but could be a brutal counterpick for fliers.
He can get Filbumvtr which can be huge at some points, and can even be suicide-bombed if it lived last turn for a double attack, which is a huge sell.

In general, Serra feels like the kind of characther that requires more skill to play, both for the player and for the unit in general.

Dorcas - D Tier

What I thought at first was a possible niche turned out to be a drawback, and a large one at that.

He has a poison prf, which while it has the ability to delay enemy hero spawn by one turn if it dies by poison, it also has the common issue of being unable to kill early, hurting his xp scale.

But then, the point reaches where Poison stealing kills becomes poison being unnecessary, as reaching level 5 gives him a potential extra +10 damage through Fiery Blood, Puissance and Elbow Room - to what he becomes a standard cleaver.

It’s one of those units where you debate whether buying an iron axe for extra hit or a steel axe for damage to replace the fact that poison will steal kills and on late, it’ll just hold you back.

Corrossion is a skill that won’t work here, since not only most goons die rather quickly, but heroes have each a --/-- weapon, making it rather complicated for Corrosion to work.

Capstone Berserk is… well. Has the same issues as poison, except Berserk can cuck you out of killing Tact with the poison prf.

On general, Dorcas is just your basic fire emblem fighter but heavily extrapolated, and considering other units, that’s not a good place to stay at.

Canas - B Tier

Canas comes up with a +2 Spd tome that hinders equipment slot usage, as you might as well grab a Spd boosting item to ignore Light Weight, but has a very solid skill kit.

Vanity, which later complements with Hex to have a permanent +10 hit with an extra effect dependant on range is an asset that works well, and Anathema as a capstone is a great skill, but the selling point is the combination between Steady Stance and Frenzy.

Canas can, if injured (commonly forced on player phase), lash out tremenduous amounts of damage at 0 retaliation, where his skillset and some good rolls can guarantee survival before unleashing a devastating blow.

Lucius - C Tier

Lucius is just a lesser mage with a chance to crit and a good speed stat. Skills and abilities are nothing out of this world - Voice of Peace will work for goon trading early, and Odd Rythm is an added bonus that works with Seal Skill’s -12 to hit.

His capstone is a simple one, a generic boost to all combat attributes.

Oswin - C Tier

Oswin is just your traditional armor unit that suddenly grows into being a magekiller, but takes too much time to do so, and even then, its not effective enough against mages. He has a 1-range prf, requiring the purchase of javelins to work as a magekiller on enemy phase.

Since you’ll be mostly playing defensively with him (-3 damage on terrain, crit halved, and so on), the only selling point he can have is being a physical counterpick to low-atk heroes that start slow

Batta - A Tier

Batta is a Devil Axe user - it’s a strong threat early game, but it’s sort of a scary gamble - to the point of even risking an early death, but he has actual acuraccy and great skills to back that up.

Daunt and Intimidate together work nicely, making people less capable of standing against Batta, but then comes level 5.

Despoil. That skill alone, even on a 0 luck unit 0% growth is huge. Considering luck statboosters are around, giving Luck to Batta is both an investment for more gold and for his weapon to work, as more luck will greatly aid both, and one single Despoil proc will be a large advantage.

Desperation is a great skill for his great attack and offense, cleaving through bosses at ease, and Heavy Strikes is a nice +10 crit on his main weapon, and or a small extra on others.

Echidna - B Tier

Echidna is kind of unremarkable as a unit, as she’s mostly a counterpick hero (that will not work against characthers like Mozu that just work by raw stats, or like Cath, that live on by weapon), as Nihil and later Boon become simple skills that impact the enemy hero highly - as per example, Echidna will outright disable Dorcas’ combined +10 damage.

Patience is simply a +10 avoid, and then Sol is a great tool for self-sustain. Defiant Spd might be the iffiest of the kit, as she doesn’t have a high enough HP for 25% to be a safe threshold, and also due to Sol itself conflicting on that.

Bernadetta - B Tier

By default, Bernadetta comes up with a Res targetting bow, which combined with a normal bow, allows her to target both def and res from the get go, being able to get on the opponent’s weak side fast. Her skills quite much go in one single direction - dealing as much damage as possible from far away, thus Bowfaire, Savage Blow and other skills on her kit are made to reflect that.

Vantage is a skill you’d imagine on a 1-2 range unit, but regardless, it lets her strike down enemies that attack her as archers and mages, as well as there’s a distance or cover (attacking behind walls).

Then Deadeye’s just hurtful. Deadeye is a skill that just melts any dodgetank away, as the doubled hit rate combined with high Skl will make it rare for Bernie to not have a hit rate nearing the 100%.

General issues may be the fact that her early game is lacking as, despite being able to fiddle with defenses, her base speed won’t let her finish goons quickly, putting her on a bad position.

Mozu - S Tier

Obelisk is just that good.

Although she has a slightly problematic early game, a 1-2 prf and the absurd growths she gets further on makes her an absolute beast on the field.
Her skills, Forager and Infiltrator give her a slight edge at all times, and Lancefaire is a nice add-up. Re-move is just nasty, on a characther that’ll usually have a one-shot comp, extra kills will just eliminate threats further.

Fir - C Tier

Fir’s a tough unit to place on a specific rank spot, mainly because she has the potential to be a very dangerous unit (crit build) but also suffers from various issues.

On first, she has 2 Con. That’s a huge pain on early game, as it slows her down by 3 AS when using her prf, making her susceptible to not doubling against enemy heroes and rapidly dying, but then there’s her early skillset.

For the reasons mentioned previously (Con and low bulk), Wrath as a starter skill is not a safe sight, as she’s on the verge of dying early, as on low levels she’ll have issues trying to hit dodge based heroes and heroes who she has weapon disadvantage against, and then comes Gamble.

Gamble’s bad. Her hit rates are kind of turned to 0 against enemy heroes at early game and her crit rates become overkill on late game. The rest of the kit, +15 Crit and Critical Force are simple skills that help to her kit, and Astra is, most of the times, either a safekill or an overkill.

Titania - A Tier

Titania, as the second secret boss, is a unit that doesn’t fall short of powerful. Having growths that will almost guarantee that all levels give a boost to everything makes her scaling great, and her skill set further on plays on that.

By default, Titania comes with Trample. Currently, at the lack of other mounted units, this means that Titania has an ensured extra 5 damage against almost the whole rooster, and, what possible sword combats you could suffer early game can be solved thanks to the ability to also wield lances.

Her skills on level up, Charge and Counter, help up on dealing even more damage, and making every little combat ensure your opponent doesn’t come unscathed.

Then comes Swordbreaker. Swordbreaker and the ability to wield both lances and axes ensures that there will be no combat where she’s at disadvantage, thanks to her general large defenses, additionally, Canto lets her visit villages, enter in shops and gain items without losing her whole turn, which is handy.

Generally a good simple unit capable of impacting the game early and late.

Eliwood - B Tier

Eliwood’s start is somewhat weak, due to his vanilla statlines and an unimpressing base skill, but his lance and bow access make him get through that.

Additionally, his lv3 skill, Axebreaker, puts him on a similar ground as Titania, being able to fight most enemies with the advantage on his side, but he doesn’t get enough mileage out from it.

The rest of the kit, being Death Blow, Lancefaire and Impale is focused over dealing as much damage as possible when attacking, giving him a slight usage as a cleaver, along with his anti-cavalry/armor prf.

Lyn - B Tier

Lyn is a (very) fragile speedster, generally basic on player phase - Duelist Blow, Swordfaire, and Ready Stance for some speed on the enemy phase, but then you see that she has access to axes.

While those slow her down horribly (a Hand Axe kills off 7 spd away from her), this also gives Lyn an easy access to 1-2 accurate range thanks to Axefaith, and with Axefaire, she also is capable of dealing an interesting amount of damage with axes to compensate for her low Str base.

Hector - B Tier

Hector, another part of the Lord package, comes with an armorslayer/cavalry slayer prf, and with another stance, Sturdy.

But his most interesting and defining skill is Resolve, at level 3. Considering that defeat restores you a low amount of health, this allows Hector to charge brashly into battle with multiplied Str, Spd and Skl, which retroactively boosts the effectiveness of booster items.

The rest of his crit is balanced around getting some defense and damage around, as where Counter will heavily damage opponents, Tower Shield reduces damage taken from archers and mages, and Aegis might turn that same magic damage null.

His only weakness is how easily he is put down by use of Armorslayers and similar weapons, rendering him unable to stand a chance.

Roy - C Tier

You just don’t make Roy viable.

Low Str/Mag while using the weakest weapons, Light tomes and Swords. His kit begins on Mirror Stance, which then adds Darting Blow up. Then, he caps at Flare, a slightly unimpressive skill, considering Luna exists.

He also gets the basic sword user kit, being Lancebreaker and Swordfaire, but he still hits as a wet noodle, faithful to the original game.

Cloud - A Tier

Cloud, third secret boss, has some nice growths and base stats, and an interesting base skill - a bonus to Hit/Crit based on Magic when intiating, to be added up by Thunderstorm, which, with a 14 wt prf, it’ll be hard to be outweighed by other enemies.

Swordfaire and Strong Riposte help rack up damage which with his 160% Str growth, it’ll easily deal devastating damage to enemies, even with a crit.

Then Foresight, his capstone, disables some of the proc-based characthers and crit-based characthers like Fir.

Nino - B Tier

Nino begins with Adept and a 1-3 range tome, which is quite strong, as it lets her counter every other hero and lets her attack almost every hero without a counter (only exception, lv10 Sue and lv10 Lysithea), and gets both Focus and Relief. Due to the current state game being 1v1s, this means that Nino has a permanent +10% Crit and +20% HP restore each turn.

Her other two skills, Glacies, and an additional +2 damage to magical attacks to all enemies two spaces around her work, but don’t alter much her way to play.

Overall, a good hero to play with, capable of getting good xp early.

Moulder - B Tier

Moulder, for now, is quite much a semi-upgraded version of Serra - his summon, Sif, applies a strong amount of pressure with their raw strength, and their base kit, Canto+ and Provoke, make them an easy and tactical summon to use.

Meanwhile, Moulder’s kind of your basic staff user except for a monster slayer prf, as he might come under the same issues as Serra, where the lack of early output might slow his game - which is solved by Sif reliably taking most opponents to barely dead most of the time, letting Moulder gain some easy xp.

Live to Serve and Defiant Avoid further entice this, as the Moulder experience will be grabbing the safest terrain, sending Sif away and healing him to heal yourself.

Seal Res is there, though he doesn’t get to capitalize on it. His capstone, Slayer, is deemed useless since his prf has the same effect and no other offensive staves exist.

Lysithea - B Tier

Lysithea gets early access (at lv3) to Light Magic as a Shaman, and while wielding her iconic tome Dark Spikes (everyone knows it from her Brave alt), she is mostly the slow hitting variant compared to Canas, also attaining +1 range to her tomes when reaching lv10. Overall versatile thanks to Lumina, but not very remarkable.

Jaffar - A Tier

I have conflicts with Jaffar, as he’s kind of a double-mix in of two archetypes (damage dealing and self-sustain) that somewhat contradict each other, yet work together regardless.

Jaffar’s prf is simply a Nosferatu dagger, and with his base skill Assassinate, one can guarantee that foe he initiates at, foe that dies, and hp that is gained back. But against that selfsustain hits Life and Death at level 3. While yeah, those 10 extra damage are quickly healed back on your next attack’s 10 extra damage, it also makes you ridiculously squishy.

But then comes lv5 and lv7, granting you two great effects after initiating and killing in combat: Restoring half your health and Galeforce.

While the capstone, Lethality, isn’t that much of a thing since your damage output is heavy, Jaffar can easily remove opponents from the field and run somewhere safer or keep dealing huge strikes to the opponent’s forces, as long as he’s capable of living one strike back.

So, generally, he just jumps back and forth between one and other, and feels like it barely works, but when it does, you better not be against him.

Sonia - S Tier

Sonia, fourth secret boss, comes as a Baal with a Tactician slayer prf and access to dark magic.

Her great bulk on early game, combined with her generally great growths (only faltering on luck) make her statwise a threat that lasts the long game. Any hope for being doubled is gone with Pursuit amidst her base kit, giving her a frightening early game.

Bowbreaker and Tomebreaker make it so only the “weakest” magic users, staff units, have a fair shot at fighting her, which is further diminished by Countermagic.

But, the true terror awaits at lv10, Double Lion. I think you’ll all agree with me if I say that Double Lion is worth all the wait.

Merlinus - S Tier

Merlinus begins with Canto and Bargain as his base skills, as well as having access to bows, staves and swords.

Now, Bargain here is a incredibly huge skill, as it allows for incredibly fast stat transitions when purchasing statboosters - what would cost 1000 gold for one +2 on one stat not only costs 500 now, but also features no loss of gold when selling.

This means that usually, you’ll see a Merlinus rocking a 3000g worth item quickly, as the initial 1000g funds only require him to defeat 5 enemies to gain the gold necessary to rock a huge boost. This feature alone already makes him fearsome in the field, alongside his weapon variety, and a worthy unit of the S Tier.

He gains the skills Outrider and Point Blank, showing his focus on using bows, although not shying out of the utility that can be achieved through swords and its varied effects, and his capstone skill is Powerstaff - the ability to pop a staff and move again is sure to be a scary thought, not only now via status staves, but on a future with allies.

The tierlist is complete as currently outdated as of 1.04

1 Like

hey lesk thanks for giving the hack a try! i’m glad you liked it.

i would definitely agree with you there. i’m more than open to specific suggestions on what i could do to make any character more fun/balanced.

the original intent behind oswin’s magic user effectiveness prf being 1 range was that, i was worried it would straight up counter all magic classes. at full hp on player phase, an enemy oswin can usually just tank the 2 hits then delete the unit on the swing back. if he could do that at range, it’s basically just +1 turn advantage.

what i found interesting in your post was the use of mozu’s obelisk on oswin. while that shouldn’t normally be possible with the way i set up prfs, it does inspire an idea on how to buff oswin. maybe i could add some growths to his weapon. what stat ups did oswin super benefit from because of the obelisk’s upped growths?

i’m /extremely/ interested in how the other characters rank as you play them, it’ll be a huge help in finding what is/isn’t working.

also thanks for the bug report! you should be able to sell your nickels now ⸂⸂⸜(രᴗര๑)⸝⸃⸃
the way to unlock characters after defeating them is evented in a wierd way and somehow i missed changing the new values for batta, it should be fixed now.
hector’s (as well as lyn and roy) base class being set to promoted is fixed as well.
and the map 4 enemy hero spawn bug has been fixed as of 11/20.

the patch linked in the OP has been updated to reflect the bug changes

Generally what it does (what I think it does) is that Innate weapon skills still activate if you leave it on the top spot - which is a passive nerf on your playstyle, as initating an attack just puts that weapon down to equip another, meaning you can only fight on enemy phase - thus, by doubling growths, my main thought is that, besides Oswin’s def becoming stellar, he also gains enough Spd and Res to greatly work better on turn end moments.

As an extra note, I boycotted myself at one point by giving myself 84 spd just to see it cap to 60 after being attacked, so a cap just like weapon ranks display might be cool.

1 Like

interesting! i had no idea this was something you could do. i think this is an exploit i have to do something about, or else the meta just becomes obelisk + enemy phase battles only. i’ll try to have a fix for this soon.

so what’s supposed to happen, is that during the tactician level up event if you were already at 60 in a stat, it would display an error message and have you pick a different stat. but i didn’t take into account that you could also just skip right over 60. the event has been updated to now include stats being at 56-60. patch in OP has been updated.

1 Like

To be honest, there’s the fact that not everyone can enemy phase well, Oswin is the best one to do this because of Provoke, but other units will either die or see their kills get diverted elsewhere, so I don’t currently see it as an issue - you’re trading your whole player phase in exchange of a weapon skill, which in this case also hurts your leveling speed - feels like a fair trade.

At level 10 Serra, Erk may randomly spawn in with an Iron Axe, and being able to attack with it. Unsure if its normal summon carry-over or intended.

1 Like

i did some thinking last night about what i could do about the “gaining effects from other heroes’ weapons” exploit, from now on respectfully referred to as “LeskTech”. i’ve come to the conclusion that as far as single hero deploy maps go, LeskTech is a little too busted (and possibly meta-defining).

because of this, some changes have been made

• after you’ve chosen your hero on the preparation screen but before the map begins, your chosen hero will “drop” any prf weapons they might have in their inventory that belong to another hero
  • weapons “dropped” in this way are deleted, as in they are not sent to the convoy
  • in your castle, in the castle shop area, there is a new brigand NPC named McCartney
  • when you talk to McCartney, he will ask you if you’re looking for any “lost items”
  • if you say yes, prf weapons that have been “dropped”, manually discarded, stolen, or have otherwise gone missing will be returned to the corresponding hero’s inventory free of charge

don’t fret, as LeskTech is not gone completely. it is still possible on future maps that allow you to deploy more than one hero. your heroes will still drop foreign prf weapons at the start of battle, but there’s nothing stopping you from trading weapons once the map has started.
meaning if you want to take advantage of LeskTech, you’re going to have to spend your second deploy spot on the hero with the weapon you want to gain effects from (as well as probably spending your starting gold on buying them a replacement weapon).

also, the “Erk/Sif getting iron axe at level 10” bug has been fixed!

patch/patch notes in OP has been updated to reflect the current changes.

1 Like

Forgiveness crashes the game when used to attack at 3 range.

1 Like

oh jeez that’s not good. does it work fine at 2 range?

At 2 it does work, seems to have an issue on anims-off when attacking at 3 range.

At first I thought it was a tact attacking cleric issue but then it showed to be an issue regarding the 3-range attack.

Additionally, Moulder attacks with anims on will softlock if he doubles (I loved those abs). Not sure if Serra or other staff users have this issue as well.

1 Like

okay then i suppose for now, forgiveness is getting nerfed to 1-2 range instead of 2-3. i’ll look into what is causing the 3 range crashing. i remember this being an issue with other weapons during the rework process too.

yeah right now turning animations on can cause a variety of bugs, especially with staff users attacking (same issue as tethys crashing/hanging the game when doubling if you taught her dark magic with stone in the base FE8). for now, the solution is to just keep animations off. but you do miss out on moulder the boulder’s abs because of this, so its obviously something i have to look into and fix in the future. i think the solution has to do with editing the individual animation scripts and i’m not very knowledgeable in that area.

Choosing an already chosen weapon rank after a map clear repeatedly will scale into visual corruption (does not corrupt file) to this point.
MOBAller-13

Not a very threatening bug, but just felt funny to see as I attempted to look through, which made me ask myself - what will happen once you max out all weapon ranks?

1 Like

well this is certainly not intended, does look pretty though. i wonder what causes the glitching since you shouldn’t be gaining any weapon levels if it’s at max rank. something is probably overflowing somewhere.

currently, you should only be able to hit max weapon rank on every type of weapon if your tactician is hitting the level cap + you answered the questions at the beginning of the game. otherwise, there will be one weapon stuck 50 weapon level exp from S. i’m pretty sure that green units can’t gain weapon level exp, so there shouldn’t be a scenario where a player maxes everything legitimately /and/ can level up again.

I actually was wrong on what I said and mislead myself on that - the bug that crashes the game is actually caused by the tactician’s third combat (on their phase).
Been playing extra maps and found the crash issue again when having weapons equiped, and thus realized that the crashes happen on his third combat (the second one has a visual bug where the Tactician dissapears completely when attacking)

As an extra note, due to Luck’s cap being 40, pressing +Luck while capped will not trigger the block message, which can possibly lead to lost levels.

it might just be because i just woke up, but i’m very confused here lol. could you possibly get video of this happening so i could understand it better (preferably the whole map from enemy hero select to the glitching)? i haven’t personally come across this particular bug yet and i’m not confident in how to replicate it.

i forgot that the luck cap is handled by a separate patch, for now i’ll just edit the tactician level up event with the 40 luck cap in mind. patch in OP has been updated this change.

Roy doesn’t have a lv10 cap (being able to reach lv20), additionally, Mani Katti, Rapier, Reginleif and Wolf Beil’s description say “Effective against Infantry” and not “Effective against armor/cavalry”