[FE8]Fire Emblem-Ancient God Awakening V1.7 [Prol+ 'till Ch.17+Gaiden RELEASED] First+Second Arc Complete

Hi everyone! I’m dioRE, a brand new aspiring romhacker.
I’ve been wanting to create a Fire Emblem ROM hack for some time, after seeing several tutorials I decided to challenge myself in creating and publishing this hack!

And here you go
“Fire Emblem - Ancient God Awakening” V1.6
(You’ll need to patch a fresh FE8usa ROM)

PLOT-
The continent of Yggdre is divided into 4 kingdoms: Terril, Barona, Volslok and Myria.
Periodically, in the center of the continent, more precisely in the heart of the desert that divides the continent, a council of rulers is held.
During the last council, King Aarnum I of Barona dies mysteriously; from that moment on, the former ruler’s reign fell into chaos.
The bandits plunder far and wide and the new king, Askan, son of Aarnum I, is unable to put a stop to the situation.
You will play as Blane and his band of rebels, formed after years of harassment and violence suffered by the population of Barona.
Proud warriors who will try to put an end to this nightmare

PATCHES-

Summary

-!!! [PATCH1.1] FIX for the freeze that may happen when you play the patched UPS file, apparently the problem was the “Health and Safety” screen !!!

-!!! [PATCH1.2] Fixed an issue that could cause a freeze beetween chp5/6,
fixed an issue that could potentially reset the game after lootig the deposit on chp7,
correction of the misleading “no crit” item description,
ADDED Chapter7, ADDED Chapter8, ADDED Chapter9, ADDED Chapter10.!!!

-!!![PATCH1.3] Fast patch that heavily nerfs the myrm on chp5, reduced the waves from the navy unit and the cavalry unit on chp5, Fixed an issue that would make Tien too
strong for no reason the moment he spawn in chp5.!!!

-!!![PATCH1.4] Fixed an issue on chp9 for the 2nd door, now the door can be opened,
balanced some generic enemies.!!!

-!!![PATCH1.5] Fixed an issue that would stop music while thunderstorm is casted, Fixed and issue where the game could potentially freeze in the cutscene between chp.9-10 if you did a certain action, Balanced enemy and NPCs stats in various levels.
MAGIC CIRCLE MODIFIED:
The basic rule still persist-Anima>Light>Dark
but magic has been amplied:
ANIMA-Every anima user can acces to the “Basic Spell”, a blue blast with low might but infinite uses, highly increase wpnexp.
Fire is WEAK vs Thunder but STRONG vs Horses/Ice.
Thunder is WEAK vs Ice but STRONG vs Fire, have higher might but is melee.
Ice is WEAK vs Fire but STRONG vs Armored/Thunder.
Wind has great might and effectivenss vs Fliers.
LIGHT-Low might but each spell has different perks that helps the caster,
great durability and accuracy.
DARK-Highest might but heavy and unstable. Can inflict various buff/debuff.

!!![PATCH1.6] Added Ch10, Added Ch11, Added Ch12, Added GAIDEN chapter.
modified/rebalanced previous chapters(new enemies/reinf/items), almost every item has been renamed and rebalanced.!!!

!!![PATCH1.6.1] lil patch that fixes an issue that wouldn’t allow player to beat Ch9 after defeating the boss.!!!

!!![PATCH1.7] Added Ch13, Added Ch14, Added Ch15, Added Ch16, Added Ch17(preview not playable) for a total of 19 Chapters implemented.
SECOND ARC. COMPLETE!!!

SCREENSHOT-

Summary

DOWNLOAD-

YOU WILL SEE-
An OG story,
Something between 32/35 chapters,
About 30 characters that may join you,
Selfmade maps,
New classes,
New items,
Skills,
Two possibile endings.

CREDIT-
SqRtOfPi, AmBrosiac, GaryTop, SterlingGlovner, ObsidianDaddy, CranJam,
Orihara_Saki, Sphealnuke, MiguelRojo, XPGamesNL, Blade, Autonima_4,
Tom776, WhydidImadethisaccount, Rory, Zelix, Valak, Zarg, 2WB, Beansy,
Zane, Kanna, standluc, Ereshkigal, Fenreir, Kyrads, Aruka, Ririk.
(Hope I mentioned everyone!)

!!The game is actually meant to be played in “Normal Mode”, strange things may happen if you try the “Hard Mode”!!

KNOWN BUGS-

Summary

-Not properly a bug but a malus, If you do not recruit Olio at the very beginning
(or somehow you get him killed) you will still automatically get him but with MUCH
LOWER STATS.
-In chapters 4 and 5, when you meet the requirements to go to the next chapter, SOMETIMES nothing happens! To overcome the problem just move any unit on the map!
-In chapter 2 if Lylo dies, you MUST manually reset the game! I explained why in the
death quote!
-NEVER, NEVER EVER use Arya’s staff to attack someone (or getting attacked from someone with a long range weapon) it freezes the game! (tip-turn anim off for her?)
-Since English is not my native language, I will surely have made various grammatical mistakes, I will try to improve!

11 Likes

I’m excited to hear that, and do you have any specific plans for how many chapters? I can’t wait to play him!

Hi there buddy, thx for the interest!
I have in mind something like 23/25 chapters plus a couple of Gaiden chapters.
Plus I’ll add (near endgame) 4 crossover characters from other universes, divided in couples.
The couple of crossover char. you will recruit will depend from which gaiden chapter you will play :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d be more specific than “an original story, maps, classes, and items” because literally most original hacks have those. Same with skills, but not every hacker decides to include those.

2 Likes

Why does the sword say no crit, but has 10 crit?

1 Like

As I said in the bugs sections:-I just realized something that can be misleading, when an item (ex:Crux) says “No Crit” it means that the item is protecting ITS USER from crits(like the Iron Rune)! Sorry that was really not intentional!

I know It can be very misleading, I Will change the description of the NoCrit items for sure.
Thx for pointing out!

I mentioned the the plot of the game at the beginning of the post, and I am no fan of big ‘spoilers’, when the plot says all already.
But If you have suggestion to male the post more appetible I all ears buddy! Thx for the interest btw! :slight_smile:

!!! [PATCH1.2] Fixed an issue that could cause a freeze beetween chp5/6,
fixed an issue that could potentially reset the game after lootig the deposit on chp7,
ADDED Chapter7, ADDED Chapter8, ADDED Chapter9, ADDED Chapter10.!!!
!!![PATCH1.3] Fast patch that heavily nerfs he myrm on chp5, reduced the waves from the navy unit and the cavalry unit on chp5, Fixed an issue that would make Tien too
strong for no reason the moment he spawn in chp5.!!!

!!![PATCH1.4] Fixed an issue on chp9 for the 2nd door, now the door can be opened,
balanced some generic enemies.!!!

!!![PATCH1.4] Fixed an issue that would stop music while thunderstorm is casted, Fixed and issue where the game could potentially freeze in the cutscene between chp.9-10 if you did a certain action, Balanced enemy and NPCs stats in various levels.
MAGIC CIRCLE MODIFIED:
The basic rule still persist-Anima>Light>Dark
but magic has been amplied:
ANIMA-Every anima user can acces to the “Basic Spell”, a blue blast with low might but infinite uses, highly increase wpnexp.
Fire is WEAK vs Thunder but STRONG vs Horses/Ice.
Thunder is WEAK vs Ice but STRONG vs Fire, have higher might but is melee.
Ice is WEAK vs Fire but STRONG vs Armored/Thunder.
Wind has great might and effectivenss vs Fliers.
LIGHT-Low might but each spell has different perks that helps the caster,
great durability and accuracy.
DARK-Highest might but heavy and unstable. Can inflict various buff/debuff.

!!![PATCH1.6] Added Ch10, Added Ch11, Added Ch12, Added GAIDEN chapter.
modified/rebalanced previous chapters(new enemies/reinf/items), almost every item has been renamed and rebalanced.!!!

!!![PATCH1.6.1] lil patch that fixes an issue that wouldn’t allow player to beat Ch9 after defeating the boss.!!!

1 Like

!!![PATCH1.7] Added Ch13, Added Ch14, Added Ch15, Added Ch16, Added Ch17(preview not playable) for a total of 19 Chapters implemented.
SECOND ARC. COMPLETE!!!

3 Likes

If I might suggest something-when showing off screenshots for your romhack it’s typically best to show screenshots that aren’t upscaled. That being said, it seems that in your screenshot where the lord is fighting the axe fighter, the axe fighter has a palette issue.

Also, I don’t mean to be rude but 30 units is extremely small for the scope of your hack. Not every hack has to be iron-man friendly but if you do plan to make your hack long; I would bump up the army size to at least 40-45 or so. This would be more in like with FE7’s 44 or so playable units. (Not sure if that counts the route-split characters upon googling it, FE6 has even more btw)

1 Like

First of all thx for the reply!
For the palette issue of the Axe fighter fighting the lord u right, I wanted to give the impression that blood was dripping from the axe blade, after several attempts that red reflection on the axe blade satisfied me.
While you are right about the number of playable units, my intent is to make a fairly difficult hack but yes, the allied units were really too few, in fact in the last patch I added some playable units (including a boss that can be recruited in 2 phases) and I will add more in the next updates!

1 Like