[FE8] FE:RL - Hetja's Quest v0.7.07 (Roguelike) (ON HIATUS)

You can only get one through codes.

There are fixed growth mode? if not, can you added it?
I can’t play it at the moment, i am in the hospital right now, but in 3 or 4 days i will be free again, so i do not want to loose from my TOPLAY list.

1 Like

I can certainly look into it and do some testing, but I’m unsure if Fixed Growths would fit this type of hack.

From my understanding, roguelites/roguelikes are purposfully balanced around this type of randomness and heavily lean into it. Getting rid of the possibility for bad level ups would certainly make runs more consistent, but also takes away from some of the replay value.

I would suggest giving it a try without Fixed Growths and see how you like it. I completely understand if not having a Fixed Growths mode is a deal breaker.

I hope things are going okay!

1 Like

I believe I found a bug, that being Deadeye does not seem to have double hit rate when enemies are attacking, or it may not be clear when shown as a skill in game.

1 Like

The Micaiah experience
FERL-7

2 Likes

I’ll be putting out v0.7.03 soon. Just doing as much testing as possible with the new stuff.

Good catch! I would suggest sharing this info in the Skills System thread. It may already be fixed (since I’m using a more than year old version), but there’s no harm in submitting it anyway.

Definitely a Micaiah moment.

1 Like

Would it be a good idea to add traps/debuffs/penelty in say chests at least on hard mode?
Some roguelites have those but idk if it can work in this particular game.

1 Like

looks like if you have more then 4 weapon types already you cant get more or be able to use the one you reclassed too if you change class.

honestly I would get rid of Staff since no staffs anyway for the players.

promotion fixes it.

1 Like

This is definitely something I would like to look into/expand on. There are already some “unfavorable” outcomes within Chest events (chests are “safe” until you’ve opened 10, then there’s a chance you lose money instead of gain it), but I think there’s definitely room for more. I think that traps/debuffs can be fun if they’re done correctly.

Oops, looks like this is an oversight on my end. After some testing, it looks like the “Display All 8 Weapon Ranks” patch fixes this issue. I’ll continue to do testing to make sure incorporating it doesn’t cause any significant issues. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

1 Like

0.7.03 (6/7/2023)

Labyrinth Specific Changes

• Edited the inventory of the Secret Shop

• Added 2 additional possible inventories for the Secret Shop

• Added 9 new enemies
    [Mid Bosses]
    Narcian (Wyvern Lord)
    Renning (Dark Knight)
    Ena (Red Dragon)
    [Final Bosses]
    Ashnard (King Daein)
    Zephiel (King)
    [Boss Additional Forces]
    Murdock (General)
    Brunnya (Sage)
    Guinivere (Priestess)
    Nasir (White Dragon)

• Edited event related to Garden Construction
    Added event cooldown
    Chance of occurrence reduced (10/256 → 10/512)
    Rewards are now based off the current unit’s Luck stat
    Luck 0-14 - Random Fruit Seed (1 use)
    Luck 15-29 - Random Fruit (1 use)
    Luck 30-39 - Random Fruit (2 uses)
    Luck 40 - Random Fruit (3 uses)

• Fixed bug where boosting Luck would display an emote above the wrong character’s map sprite sometimes causing visual bugs

• Fixed bug with Endless Mode where some generic enemies were lower level than they should be

• Fixed bug with Endless Mode where Node Event generation was not consistantly alternating between Mid Bosses and Final Bosses

• Changed Endless Mode default to ON upon your first labyrinth win, can still be turned ON/OFF via Options before a run

Character Specific Changes

• Updated multiple enemy character’s descriptions to include what game they originate from

• Updated instances of Sofiya to Sophia

• Fixed enemy General Gilliam’s palette

• Fixed Swordmaster Lloyd palette

• Fixed enemy Great Lord (Ephraim) palette

• Fixed enemy unpromoted Sophia palette

• Fixed bug where Sophia can promote to Druid (M)

• Ephraim has been nerfed
    Using Ephraim was like starting off a run at LV 4. This change is intended to bring them closer in line with the rest of the cast.
    Base Stats
    HP reduced (23 → 21)
    POW reduced (8 → 6)
    SKL reduced (9 → 7)
    SPD reduced (11 → 10)
    DEF reduced (7 → 6)
    RES reduced (2 → 0)
    LUK reduced (8 → 7)
    LV 1 BST (69 → 58)

Class Specific Changes

• Fixed bug during Ephraim’s promotion where the classes didn’t show their full description

• Updated Cavalier (Skeleton)'s description to omit unequip able weapon types

• Updated Great Lord (Eirika)'s description to include equip able weapon types

• Updated Bonewalker’s description to include all equip able weapon types

• Updated Valkyrie to have stat caps consistent with other classes

• Updated Great Lord (Ephraim Infantry) to have stat caps consistent with other classes

Item Specific Changes
Added a few weapons related to the new Bosses/Final Bosses.

• Eckesachs
    Uses 20 / Pow 15 / Hit 90 / Weight 15 / Crit 5 / Range 1-2/ Cost 12000

• Gurgurant
    Uses 20 / Pow 20 / Hit 90 / Weight 25 / Crit 0 / Range 1-2 / Cost 12000
    Negates critical hits

• Dragon Breath (White)
    Uses Inf / Pow 10 / Hit 75 / Weight 0 / Crit 0 / Range 1

• Dragon Breath (Red)
    Uses Inf / Pow 10 / Hit 90 / Weight 0 / Crit 0 / Range 1

• Forblaze
    Updated description
    Gained +5 Luck while equipped

• Fixed bug where Flametongue’s description crashed the game

Misc Changes

• New Character Submission Form
    Want a new playable Fire Emblem character in the game but don’t want to engage in human interaction to make it happen? Now you can anonymously submit a character for consideration via this google forms link.

• All 8 Weapon Types are displayed on the Status Screen
    This should hopefully fix the bug where you can only know four weapon types at a time, using Display All 8 Weapon Ranks by Kirb. Apparently there are reports of this patch in particular causing freezing. Doing a quick search, I couldn’t find any documentation on the types of freezing or what causes them. If you are familiar with this, or encounter any issues caused by it while playing the game, please let me know!

Credits and tables on the website have been updated.

7 Likes

Finally
I can now do my original goal
get S rank on every weapon/tomes on all characters.

2 Likes

I don’t think this is right

You’re definitely right, something is wrong here. But this has helped me pinpoint the issue. Looks like I forget to update a couple GOTOs in the Cagnas class change event. It should be fixed now. Class changing again should fix any saves already affected.

1 Like

Your hack is amazing! I have played this after the hospital and man, it was soooo original!
But i have a question: in the comments people says something related to change class. It is posible? and how?
And, i add an stupid and gamebreaking bug playing vs Lilina and her Finbulvetr, the game freezes, fuck, i have lost a lot of progress for nothing! I have unlocked her killing her before she uses the fucking tome.
And i add something, i use a mercenary, and the hero unlocks Sol, one of the strongest skill in the game. What would she receives if choose swordmaster? A sad 15% crit, and no axe weapon use.
Regardless, a good hack!

1 Like

FERL-8
Hey, uh, is leveling up to level 21 normal? I killed Catherine, and then became level 21?

1 Like

FERL-10
Well now when I kill enemies, I either level up, or nothing happens. Its really weird.

1 Like

If you beat Hard Mode, you are able to build more facilities in the hub area (Off The Beaten Path). One of those facilities is the Cagnas Statue. If you interact with it, you are able to change your base class to any of the classes that were available during character creation.

Sorry to hear that! Do you remember what character/class/weapon you were using when it crashed? What class was Lilina? I think there’s a patch that let’s your skip battle animations by holding a button before battle. I’ll look into adding that in the next update. That way any battle animation related freezes can be skipped over on the fly.

Hm, this certainly strange behavior. All classes should be capped at LV 20. I’m scratching my head trying to think of how something like this could happen. I’ll do some testing with Astrid to see if this is a general bug or a character specific bug. If you can reliably recreate this in another run, let me know. Luckily, this should fix itself at the end of a run.

Here is your request. The bug triggered when she attacks my character.
Skills: i don’t know, but the 2 normal skills, Astra, that one who negates enemies skills, and that one who negates counters.

1 Like

Thanks for providing a screenshot. I think the Lilina battle animation is the culprit, but I’ll do some more investigating.

finished a hard run, and Nephenee became possibly the strongest character that i had in any fire emblem game

2 Likes