[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

Oh Santa came late but with gifts. Is she the only one who got changed?

EDIT: OK this is still a Lite version then.

The mad lad has done it again

1 Like

So, can we buy those dragonstones in some secret shop or are they obtainable throughout the ruins ?

And if you are planning to overhaul more characters then please look for Garcia. Maybe trade his strength for speed growth or straight-up buff him.

1 Like

First of all I really like the concept of 19x albeit I needed FEbuilder to access it since the event taking you to 19x gets overlapped

This is the end event of chapter 19, issue lies in the fact that you get sent to the world map, where Melkaen coast doesn’t open a node to start chapter. You could use the command to go to the next chapter without using world map.

As for the chapter itself 19x is real fun, but needs some fine-tuning. Jake is too frail for what comes to get to him

Maybe make the shark bandits spawn a bit further from the Fleets, I do not know if they count towards the Nihil scrolls since they are supposed to still be NPCs so if they do I’d say to give a more reasonable timeframe to defend them. The same applies to the Sniper with a Ballista nearby since he will jump on the ballista and get doubled by any bandit that comes around.

It would feel better if the right path had an acess to Jake for any type of class since the warrior on the right at the beginning with a swordreaver is basically asking Ephraim to go onto the path on the right, which leads to the village with Blue Flame but then you have to go back down.

I would say to maybe delay reinforcements by 1 turn since It’s easy that NPCs could die to bad rng until you get there in time. (I’m definetely bringing Falco Knights for this when full skills comes.

I think that would be it for now. If I feel like pointing something else out I’ll be sure to edit this post.
Congrats on 19x Blood, the chapter feels like a breath of fresh air and it was enjoyable despite the few nitpicks I had over it.

Jesus, how did you get there so fast? I barely managed to make time to reach chapter 6, much less 19x. Can you show screenshots of Myrrh’s new stones or if Hayden got new bases, if you have those? Or hell what class is Anna?

I’ve yet to get the new stones for Mhyrr since I only got up to 19x so I cannot say anything about Hayden either.

As for Anna

Swordlocked thief with unique animations for her, she also has her one prf sword that deals magic damage. Honestly I hoped crit boost since at the moment (probably due to Lite version) she is worse than Rogues utility wise (stave access) so getting her crit boost would make her more a mix between a thief unit and a combat unit, which would shake things up

Oh, ok. If (and when you get then) do show the others, i’m really curious to see if any characters got new bases. Honestly seeing Jake as a Paladin made me think Anna was also gonna be a cavalry class and that Blood was doing the Pent/Louise A support straight-outta-the-box gimmick.

EDIT: Side note. @blood would you like me to write some support convos for Hayden between him and his kids and maybe some Frelia subbordinates? Maybe for some other characters with less supports like Knoll?

EDIT 2: Really liking some of the new icons for stat boosters and such.

I’m pretty sure I buffed Hayden a bit at some point, but I’m shitty at keeping changelogs, so I cannot confirm that.

They’re obtained while progressing the story. Now that the sacred weapons can be made unbreakable, the dragonstones will be the prime target of the hammerne staves.

It’s not really in the plans… I always wanted Sacred Trilogy to be a vanilla + experience, and the less I change from vanilla, the better.

Ah, I did that for Eirika’s route but forgot to do the same for Ephraim’s. Thanks for reporting the issue.

Thanks for the feedback! I’m glad you liked it. Creating an entire chapter from scratch was harder than I thought it would be. This particular one has different events based on the outcome, so I spent a lot of time with the end chapter event conditionals. I’ll make adjustments based on your feedback.

I think you’re selling Anna short, dude. She’s the only unit aside from the main lord who has the ability to access the supply. On top of that, her Prf dagger has the “Despoil” skill built-in, which allows Anna to rack in money pretty quickly.

I would love it if you’re up for it. Do keep in mind that the game engine only allows a limit of 7 support partners for each character. Both Ephraim and Eirika are already capped from vanilla.

Figured I’d make them all ingestibles so it makes more sense for the characters to consume them.

Here’s a new version considering the feedback I’ve received so far. Saves are compatible.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/olbk6w81rr38qsg/Sacred%20Trilogy%200.99.1.ups?dl=0

1 Like

Ok, so tell you what, you tell me which characters you want to see with new supports and paired up with who i’ll write them up.

Also, a suggestion…do the Pent/Louise gimmick for Jake and Anna…it would be fitting.

EDIT: One detail, in the arena, Finbulveter doesn’t work as it’s a 2-3 range tome, but the arena AI still uses it as a major Anima tome for higher end mages. Also the Warriors still have their vanilla sprites?

Well, I don’t really want to impose anything since you volunteered and all. Just write supports you’re interest in. Though I will say that Hayden’s main supports should be with his children.

Done. Gave them an A rank support.

Yeah, I actually noticed that right after sending the previous fix. Already corrected that. I never really gave much importance to the arena, but now I’m considering awarding the player with the final Magvelian Ore after defeating a special arena boss of sorts. I’ll have to see whether FEBuilder’s tools will allow me to do that.

2 Likes

Well, that might have been a bit exaggerated on my side, both because I was comparing her to Full version Rogues and Assassins and also because I had to hurry to post this before going to do an exam I had today. I can say that Anna’s bases are really good and on a normal run she’s VERY unlikely to get benched. About the prf… On Lite this item is quite good, what worries me is that Thiefs on Full skill version already have despoil as a skill…

Having said that, congrats on the amazing unit Blood, she looks like she will be very fun to use!

2 Likes

Fixes for the arena and Anna + Jake support. I also wrote an ending for Anna.

3 Likes

Are Hammerne staves available for purchase in the post-game?

1 Like

No, but you can get one on Lagdou ruins in one of its chests, at least in the current full version

1 Like

Changelog:

• Added awesome support conversations for Hayden with his children, written by @adalvar
  • I decided to make Hayden fit the Gotoh archetype and heavily buffed him.
  • Corrected the event that spawns Anna in Eirika’s chapter 10. She should appear when there are 10 or less enemies on the map.
4 Likes

Oh this is soo cool. One request…can you post a screenshot of new Hayden’s stats, since i haven’t had enough time to actually play the new hack (currently on chapter 7). Also i don’t remember that aid of Riev in any previous test versions. Is that a new thing?

1 Like

I’ll do it later today.

Spoiler

She’s the boss of the new chapter. I added her to some vanilla events just so she wouldn’t show up out of nowhere.

2 Likes

finished today and speechless on the evolution since the first versions years ago, the inclusion of 19x was epic so many classes beat so many beautiful animations and i have never seen the inclusion of something as well done as the way to use the infinite holy weapons i can barely waiting for the full version I’m very curious to see the skill set that each class will have, I’m very happy for this evolution and I’m on the team to adjust efraim’s limits. thank you so much for everything.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! What did you think about the difficulty of chapter 19x?

3 Likes

Hey I was playing a previous patch but now I see that there is a new one (i guess?) The beta
So is it the final one or are you gonna make some new one ? (Sorry if I made some mistakes english is not my main langage)