[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release - 27 Chapters, no fatigue, 100% growth now added - 5/22/2022)

This hack doesn’t use the standard exp formula, but the fixed one. You typically get 30 exp per kill if you are the same level, and then 3 less every level higher you are. That is a pretty cool hack, though and I recommend people use it.

I could work it into my hack as well, probably.

1 Like

Something I put together for fun. Expect a review sometime soon!:
Sun God’s Wrath Starring:

1 Like

V1.42 is now up. It contains a potentially important bug fix! There was no formal announcement for V1.41 as it was made within a day of V1.40 and had very minor updates. The changelog for these two versions is as follows:

V1.42:

• Fixes some typos
  • Fixed potential game breaking bug in chapter 12

V1.41:

• Updates chapter 3 to have one less archer enemy
  • Fixes error with chapter 14 and 15 prep shop
  • Updates tier 3 promotion text in chapter 15

As always, the update can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck6l6c5ri3fwhon/SGW_Complete.zip?dl=0

5 Likes

i found a bug Evan staff rank doesn’t increase at all

This is not a bug. Staff rank in SGW only increases through promotion.

3 Likes

With permission of Blademaster, Sun God’s Wrath is now available on Emblemier PatchUp:

What’s Emblemier PatchUp?

1 Like

Happy early new year! SGW V1.5 is now live at the usual link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck6l6c5ri3fwhon/SGW_Complete.zip?dl=0

V1.5 has the most changes of any release so far and is the last release I will be making this year unless a game breaking bug is reported.

V1.5 Change Log

V1.50:

• CHANGED EXP FORMULA FOR PROMOTED UNITS, SEE README!
  • THERE ARE SOME MINOR AND RARE NEW GRAPHIC GLITCHES WITH FIVE SPELLS! SEE README!
  • Weapon rank bonuses have been updated. Please SEE README for exact values!
  • Updated Arcanist animation
  • Fixed bug where if you killed the sub boss lance/sword cavalier in chapter 14 before a certain turn, the game would freeze
  • Fixed bug with Pitfighter Bow animation
  • Fixed bug where, on certain maps, if you saved in the prep screen, started the map, and recruited an old character, that character wouldn’t be able to be the last one to move in the map
  • Lowered the cost of Dark spikes
  • Fixed various typos
  • Fixed bug where wind and tornado bow weren’t treated as wind magic
  • Fixed bug where Moloch’s weren’t magic enemies
  • Changed dialogue to further clairify how personal skills work
  • Changed dialogue to clarify how the boon skill works
  • In chapter 7, the unit that joins you on turn one now has the cursor flash over them to indicate they’ve joined you
  • Changed FOW theme in chapters 3, 10, and 20
  • Updated expertise skill text
  • Updated chapter 5 dialogue to make clear that certain enemies are indeed beatable
  • Updated chapter 16 dialogue to reflect that unit is meant to start with weapon they can’t use
  • Made adjustments to the chapter 14 and 16 maps
  • Fixed some odd enemies in chapter 17
  • Tried to fix double watchful enemies where possible
  • Made more generic enemies capturable, including some monsters
  • Monsters now captureable are: Worren, skeletons, Bigl, angels
  • Prologue: Certain enemies were unintentionally uncapturable
  • Lowered Chapter 3 Boss’s leadership by 1
  • Lowered Chapter 7 Boss’s leadership by 1
  • Lowered Chapter 9 Boss and sub boss’s leadership by 1
  • Lowered Chapter 11 Boss’s leadership by 2 and sub boss’s leadership by 1
  • Lowered Chapter 12 Boss’s and sub boss’s leadership by 1
  • Lowered Chapter 13 Boss’s and sub boss’s leadership by 1
  • Lowered Chapter 14 Boss’s and sub boss’s leadership by 1
  • Lowered Chapter 15 Boss’s leadership by 2
  • Lowered Chapter 18 sub boss’s leadership by 2
  • Raised Chapter 18 temp unit’s leadership by 1
  • Lowered Chapter 19 sub bosses total leadership by 3
  • Lowered Chapter 21 total sub bosses total leadership by 2
  • In chapter 22, the four NPCs are now temp units.
  • In chapter 24, more enemies have insight.
  • Raised the total Leadership of the chapter 22 enemies by 8 and gave all enemies insight to counteract the above change.
  • In chapter 5, Neried now starts as an NPC and you recruit everyone on turn 1 instead of turn 2
  • In chapter 6, you can now capture the hatchet axe colonel
  • In chapter 7, nomad characters are now capturable
  • In chapter 8, the berserker boss is now capturable and has slightly different equipment in normal and hard mode
  • In chapter 9, a sub-boss had a skill switch
  • Added a boss quote to chapter 12 between the berserker sub boss and mercenary girl
  • In chapter 13, made some uncapturable cultists now capturable. Raised level of uncapturable cultists by 1
  • In chapter 17 more enemies are now capturable. Less NPCs show up so that the total is now only 10 NPCs. Less flying enemies appear on turn 3
  • In chapter 18 more enemies are now capturable, however less are available for capture in hard mode. Removed a wave of reinforcements.
  • In chapter 19, adjusted some NPCs.
  • In chapter 21 more enemies are now capturable
  • One of the chapter 21 bosses is now magic type
  • Fixed minor weapon display issue with chapter 22 boss
  • In chapter 23, made more enemies capturable
  • Buffed Nicole’s base magic by 1
  • Buffed Ricky’s base magic by 2
  • Condor movement growth buffed to 5%
  • Clint movement growth buffed to 8%, PCC buffed to 2
  • Chrysler movement growth buffed to 15%
  • Buffed Kirin’s light magic rank to C
  • The third lord’s leadership was boosted to 2
  • Aofaye’s base sword rank was dropped to B
  • Buffed the speed cap of the armor line by 3 (NOTE: Generals and Doma Knights not affected)
  • Dreadfighters/Excutioners have C rank dark magic

As mentioned in the change log, there are minor graphical bugs with five spells after I performed a ROM rebuild to make more space be available to complete a few of the updates in this patch. As such, the next update I hope to release will fix these minor issues, but with how many other fixes this patch has (including to one game breaking bug) I didn’t want to delay the release over something so small.

The biggest changes to V1.5 is that you can capture more enemies, enemy leadership has typically been lowered, and promoted units gain even more exp than before.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has supported and played SGW. It’s been around half a year since the first release, and the feedback and support I’ve gotten on the hack and how to improve it has been overwhelming. I can never thank you all enough for taking the time to play this hack and provide feedback! It makes all the time I spent working on it more than worth it! This has been a challenging year for everyone in some way or form, so I hope SGW was able to provide even the smallest bit of joy to you during these troubled times!

Here’s to 2021!

11 Likes

My sincere apologies for the double post. There was a game breaking bug with V1.5 that has now been fixed. Please download V1.51 that fixes the bug at the usual link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck6l6c5ri3fwhon/SGW_Complete.zip?dl=0

V1.51:

• Fix game breaking bug with wind, blizzard, tornado, death, and jormungandr spells.
3 Likes

We have our first 0% LP! Tez is doing a 0% growth rate LP that can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg7R_OIjbpo&list=PLR0kOFrq7gs1rc7hgDBd6b4mHNljUgHmV&index=1

While the prologue is pretty simple in 0% growths, the later chapters will be sure to be more exciting, so I look forward to his progress!

And on that note, happy new year again everyone! I’m always happy to share LPs anyone wants to do and I look forward to any that start next year!

3 Likes

Hello! Been playing this Hack, im in Chapter 11 and i have to say that im having a really great time!

The game has been very fun and fair, every unit has a little thing that makes them special. And im liking a lot the story, chapter by chapter i’m becoming more invested in it and want to see what happens next.

Just wanted to leave this comment here because you made a great game!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m glad you are enjoying it and I hope you continue to do so! Please feel free to keep me up to date on your progress!

1 Like

Hope everyone had a happy new year! SGW V1.52 is now out at the usual download spot: Dropbox - SGW_Complete.zip - Simplify your life

Mobile link: Emblemier PatchUp!

The change log is below:

V1.52:

• Fixed various typos
  • Added new class cards for female fighters, female warriors, ravagers, and angels
  • Added boss conversations between the cav units and the boss of chapter 14
  • Added an extra conversation to the final map
  • Attempted to remove ballista tiles from chapter 20 map
  • Ricky can now use C rank staves and starts with a heal staff
  • Gamble was changed to only lower hit by 20 and increase crit by 20
  • Boar tactics has been buffed so that on certain maps, unit gains +20 hit/crit and +2 Attack speed
  • Chivalry now boosts atk, mag, def, and res +5 and AS +2 when foe HP is full
  • Strong riposte now gives +3 atk/mag/def/res and +10 avoid when under attack
  • Generic braves no longer have strong riposte and have pursuit instead
  • Buffed Nicole’s Str and skl growthes by 5%
  • Buffed Derek’s spd and def growthes by 10%, luk by 15%
  • Buffed Nereid’s HP growth by 30%, base str and con by 1, base def/res by 2, base mag by 5, sword rank boosted to B
  • Buffed Oreades’s base speed by 1 and base def by 2
  • Buffed Dullahan’s res by 12
  • Buffed Jeff’s HP by 10, speed by 4, but lowered luck by 7
  • Buffed secret character R’s speed by 5 capping it (speed growth set to 0 as a result), buffed movement growth to 200%

A lot of these are changes I wanted to make for V1.5, but forgot to do so… as such, this patch was released quite quickly. I have no other balance changes in mind for the foreseeable future, so the next patch should hopefully just be for the release of lunatic mode.

Thank you all for your patience with lunatic mode and for putting up with all these updates for the past few months since the initial completed release. I hope you’ll enjoy SGW in 2021 as well!

7 Likes

Promoted units no longer having the harsh exp penalty made this game way more enjoyable for me. Thank you so much.

2 Likes

It was actually a mistake in my math that lead to them gaining as little exp as they did. I didn’t realize that just raising their level in general would lead to them getting so much less exp, regardless of the enemy level.

I wasn’t able to read this before it was withdrawn, so I hope if you had a question or concern you were able to figure it out. If not, please do not hesitate to ask me any questions you have.

is Chunji recruitable?

No, he is not.

2 Likes

Here’s my review of Sun God’s Wrath!:
The Review.

3 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to write this!

I was playing normally, and when this monster attacked the background turned like that, i don’t know if this is intentional
Fire Emblem - The Sun God's Wrath_1610584088778
And it also happens with other units
Fire Emblem - The Sun God's Wrath_1610614783687

2 Likes