[FE8] [COMPLETE] Iron Emblem (v1.3.1, Full-Length) RR Out!

Congrats for being the first Romhack in a long while that got me to jump up and immediately download and play. Played till Chapter 11x yesterday and only had like 5 deaths so far (Rip Bishop man and those 2 hunters that i equipped with steel bows, causing them to get doubled). I love Ironmans so this is right up my alley. Haven’t run into any things i honestly dislike so far. One thing i think could be cool is having Pirates/Brigands differ atleast slightly from each other, like maybe give pirates slightly higher speed growth at the cost of a tadbit of hp/str growth.
Iron Emblem02
Also tanky pegasus knight.png

3 Likes

I love the idea of not being the main character. I always wanted to see generic’s side of things !

1 Like

Oh just a heads up, another bug I guess. Since the game gives you the iron emblem before the prep screen, you can save the chapter and restart for infinite iron emblems. Maybe move the event to start at the beginning of the map instead?

1 Like

The current patch shouldn’t have this bug, since I think I fixed it a few days ago. If you update it shouldn’t be an issue.

Generics are awesome and always will be

4 Likes

IT IS GOOD. I AGREE TO THIS PROJECT. DID THE COMMANDER HAVE A PERSONAL WEAPON? FEELS WEAK MAIN CHARACTER.

6 Likes

The people you play aren’t meant to be strong, or to main characters. They’re just some guys who got into this mess

2 Likes

Nations. I don’t understand but okay.

Come to think of it, i have a question : Is it a valid point of view to see them as Tankmen, with commander as captain ?

“We’re Generics, Sir ! We’re meant to be weak and have bad Growths !”

“Lol” Said the Merc “Lmao”

Iron emblem

13 Likes

I’ve run into the same convoy bug where it is completely full at the start, (which i also initially thought was as feature)
Save file here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I441WpC1fSqjeodd34oE7UA_XKvlRZu4/view?usp=sharing
on another note, i love this hack alot, and i think that this hacks gameplay combined with another hacks story would be amazing.

1 Like

So as it is right now, the issue seems to occur if you suspend at all. For now, I’d just avoid suspending at all until I can find a better fix. This won’t work if you already triggered the bug. Instead of suspending I’d recommend savestating if you’re using an emulator (but don’t abuse it!).

Convoy issue has been fixed thanks to Smethlyn! Updated link is in the op, unsure if this will fix the issue for those who already have it.

1 Like

I was about to ask if I was expected to play all 21 chapters in one sitting, but it turns out that I can suspend, but it turns out that suspending is bugged, but then it got fixed so now I can suspend after all.

1 Like

Footstep of fate is never die in FE

Hey, I understand your frustration, but I’d like to request you to move this sort of thing to DMs, since it doesn’t relate to the thread topic. Thanks!

Decided to give this hack a whirl, and it sucked me right in! I’m up to Chapter 6 and I’m having a great time!

I’ve never actually done an ironman run before, and it’s really cool to me the sorts of emergent stories come out of it. Chapter 4 became a desperate scramble to the throne as two of my MVPs since Chapter 1 fell and the powerful Cavalier reinforcements began pouring in. In Chapter 5, one of my Fighters made a heroic last stand, surviving for far longer than I frankly expected him to in the face of certain death. Ultimately, he did succumb, but not before helping carve through the opposition to save a village and buy the rest of his ragtag little platoon the opportunity to survive. Every clutch dodge, hit, or critical—by an ally or an enemy!—is amplified by the knowledge that there’s no turning back if an ally falls.
…it’s really neat!

I am curious, though; are there any recruitable enemies? I ask because I spotted an enemy Cavalier in Chapter 5 using the ally palette, and the description of Chapter 6’s boss makes me think she might be recruitable by intimidating her into un-defecting somehow… that said, it would be rather tricky to make intuitive recruitments from the enemy side in the absence of defined characters, so I understand if it’s all just characters who are blue from the get-go.

3 Likes

Glad you’re having a good time.

As far as I am aware, there are no recruitable enemies in Iron Emblem. There are some recruitable NPCs, though.

2 Likes

Glad you’re having such a fun time with the game!

Which cavalier specifically? I can look into fixing this inconsistency.

And yes, pandan is correct, there are no recruitable enemies, only units that start blue or recruitable green units.

EDIT: If you’ve beaten the game or gotten past chapter 15, please let me know anything you want fixed or changed! I’m working on a 1.1 update that adds some gameplay and general improvements.

2 Likes

It was the Cavalier who starts closer to you, or the first one you’re likely to fight, along the Eastern path through Chapter 5… I think other Cavaliers might have also used the generic palette, but I’m not sure; I just know that that one did.

1 Like