[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: Vision Quest (v3 by Pushwall - 1-Oct-22)

I’ve seen things like this:

As long as it can play the hacked rom, then you could just replace the sticker.

As far as the box I’m sure there’s a template online, you could get it printed at any place that prints semi gloss on cardstock.

I just didn’t make a back of the box! I’d be willing but wouldn’t dare come up with the game description on the back, maybe let the creator do that!

1 Like

I’d say it’s possible one could find a way to do it.

9 Likes

Always surreal to see this

3 Likes

there are single-flash (well technically you can reflash if you have a flasher) repro carts, probably on vennbenn’s store

I just can’t get enough Vision Quest man. I recently sat down and ran all of Chapter 3 in a weekend-it’s my favorite part of the game! This time I finally got that Brave Sword. I stopped being stingy with my good stuff like the sleep staff, nosferatu tome, and the brave bow. My Onderdonk got a few lucky speed levels and was actually doubling :). I think 3-E is my favorite map in all of the FE8 hack universe. By the time I got all my units promoted and a full army, I felt like an unstoppable wave crashing down on Lori. Very satisfying stuff.

Has anyone done a reverse-recruitment or randomized recruitment patch for VQ? While the game is already very replayable, I would love to do a run where you never know who is about to join. I realize this would mess things up story wise, but I skip the cutscenes anyway, having seen everything a couple times already.

:v:

2 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying it. Yes, Kyrads did the reverse recruitment patch based on the v2 patch.

Loving the hack so far! Been a long running fan of the franchise in general, but never really dove into the world of FE Rom Hacks. Only on 1-5, but I’ve been scared to death of having units die because of dumb mistakes, but I am curious to know if permadeath (aka classic) is enabled. It feels like a cop out using casual, but that’s how I run first runs of any FE titles, but a lot of my units death dialogue make it sound like they aren’t actually dying, but instead just retreating off the field? Just wanted to know. I like all of my units, and I’d rather not lose any! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Permadeath is enabled. Some units will retreat in their battle quotes because they have a presence in the story that is necessary for the narrative. They will not be playable after retreating.

1 Like

Thanks for giving this a try.

Permadeath is enabled by default and the game is designed that you get enough units to help you through the game (62 in total) if you choose not to reset every time a unit dies.

Good luck and thanks for playing.

1 Like

I recruited Lori in 4-6 and kept her alive, but she isn’t showing up in the unit selection screen for endgame. Is this supposed to happen? I’m on the most recent version of the patch.

Hi, i cam across this game last night and love it so far! However, after completing the battle in 1-3, i get thru the dialogue (ending with the sisters talking about cheese and wine) then the screen goes black. I used the download link at the top of this thread and im using my boy on android. I have deleted the files and reinstalled but it keeps happening. Any help would be much appreciated so i can keep playing this awesome game. Thanks!

So I’m still new here and my only reasons making account is to say thank you for this amazing game, your game is the first fire emblem romhack i play because i usually play pokémon romhack

Thank you for this amazing romhack, the story is pretty good and better than recent three house in my opinion, both the story ending and epilogue chapters also designed to hook people curiosity. I don’t know are you planning sequel or not but what i know is this game is amazing and thank you for giving me a fun experience to play a game.

once again thank you for it

Update: I’ve replayed through 4-6 twice now. Lori still disappears after I complete the chapter. Was there some death flag earlier in the game that prevents her from joining?
She’s grayed out in the support viewer when I check to see who Zuzana and Timmonen can support, like I haven’t recruited her yet or something.

Edit: I still cleared endgame in one turn. Rescue + Warp + Power Ring + Brave Axe Waluyo did it without any Secret Shop statboosters. He did have to hit four consecutive 75% hit rates and faced like a 5% crit chance, so it took a couple of tries. Lori didn’t get an endcard. Then Endgame-X was also pretty easy, although to be fair I had given a couple of levels to Tien, Otilie, and Gunnar beforehand. Overall a great story, the twist flashback right before 4-E got me, and now I’m kind of bummed there’s no sequel.

There’s actually a sequel unfortunately though it was cancelled. I think the reason for the cancellation is either it is rushed or Pandan Burned out. Although correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

kinda spoilers not really

first time posting on the site, so i’m not sure if i’m posting this in the right spot haha

not sure if this is an intended feature, but after murdering all the dudes on map 1-7, I didn’t get the chance to wait on the specific tiles near the end, it just booted up the next story dialogue and thus missing the map/dialogue between 1-7 and 1-8 (i think its called 1-7x?). I was really confused when I missed a couple characters on the recruitment list, and I’m 99.99% sure it’s because I didn’t step on the end tile at 1-7.

anyways I was just curious if this was the case, or if I’m just misreading / misunderstanding the recruit list
the character in question starts with “o” and ends with “e” btw
(ps loving the game so far!!)

Can’t seem to get the s-rank staff Gezond from 4-2. Made sure to visit the house and save all green units. Haven’t lost any friendlies and even tried having the general enter the castle last. Still only getting a talisman or a light rune when 1 green unit dies. Any ideas what the problem is?

Welcome to FEUniverse!

You need to have anyone wait on those specific tiles in order to unlock the sidequest, 1-7x, which does, indeed, include recruiting a character whose name begins with an O and ends with an E. In fact, I think there are two other characters you missed as well because of this. Note that 1-7’s win condition is to defeat both bosses, so you need at least one boss alive to be able to step on those tiles. Always try to be aware of what the chapter victory conditions are, so you can make sure you’re able to do everything you want to do in the chapter before you clear it.

Also, since you’re evidently okay with checking out the recruitment list, you could consider checking out the gaiden requirements listed in the first post of this thread (under Resources)

By the way, I was initially confused by your post, since there is actually another character (who you can recruit in a later chapter shortly afterwards) whose name also begins with O and ends with E, before I realized you were referring to someone else.

This is one of my favorites hacks, i really love it from the 1 chapter to the last boss, so thank you, for all the hard work.

Thanks for the reply, it was super helpful! I ended up playing back from chapter 1 because I saved over my file TAT. But it was totally worth it, the maps n characters were so fun!

I’m experiencing the same bug. All green units saved, entered the castle, and all I get is a Talisman. Was there an update that messed this up?