[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: Vision Quest (v3 by Pushwall - 1-Oct-22)

You can check out “Call of the Armor” (made by Pandan and a bunch of other talented hackers)

You can also check out “Sun God’s Wrath” by Blademaster. Amazing title if you’re looking for a different FE experience.

Lastly, I’d recommend “Cerulean Coast” by Rivian. It’s in its baby phase but shows lots of promise

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing - glad you enjoyed it. Unsure if it would work with a randomizer, I haven’t tried it. My guess is you’d need to tweak it so that the game knows which player units to move around since both character and class tables are adjusted from vanilla FE8.

Hard to say what I’d recommend w/ similar gameplay. Road to Ruin is my favorite, but I think it plays a bit differently than VQ overall. Call of the Armor I worked on w/ a team as AtomicBanjo mentioned, and some of the maps may feel similar to VQ. It had 14 different chapter creators so it’s a pretty wide range. Was a fun project to work on.

@Kyrads is working on a VQ Reverse Recruitment patch as well, but unsure when it will be ready to share.

1 Like

Another bug report, probably one everyone’s mentioned. Waluyo’s class still has hitreg effects show up when he misses with a 1-range axe.
Also, the Lance Cav’s map movement uses regular foot infantry sounds and not cavalry sounds.

Hey Pandan, I just finished the game and wanted to say you did a great job! I’ve been working on a hack of my own for a couple years now, I’ve gotten a good amount of inspiration from yours. Although its not ALL good, Volume (Volume? Act? Yeah) 1 was easily the best but afterwards I feel like it dropped off, but all the hard work you put into it still made me appreciate it. The best part is that it feels like a real fire emblem game, the worst part is that it feels like a real fire emblem game haha. With that ending I really HAVE to ask, is there a sequel to this? There was still a lot left and I have to wonder what will happen. Thank you for your hard work!

1 Like

He’s currently working on the sequel.

There is no guide for gaiden chapters?

Is there a problem if I ask how each character is recruited?

Awesome man

There is a text file called ‘recruitment guide’ included in the zip file u download when getting Vision Quest. That file contains what you’re looking for!
Otherwise, just download that text file directly from here.

Thanks, i have other doubt. Do the lords of a game promote by object or by event?

By Object.
Storch at the Beginning of Act 1-E and Titus at the end of Act 2-3.
Waluyo is promoted.

Thanks, and my last two questions

1.What are the requirements for gaidens?

1. Are there any desert chapters? And where is each item?
  1. Here are the Gaiden requirements, there were on the first post on top. Saved you a trip.
    1-7x - Gunnar alive
    1-7xx - Gunnar alive
    2-1x - Honeydew alive
    2-3x - Visit the village
    2-5x - Duck and Mango alive
    3-3x - Michael alive
    4-1x - Kir alive
    4-3x - Lajos and Onderdonk alive
    Endgame X - Gunnar, Cassius, Otilie, Freyja, Tien, Radoslav alive (This chapter is an easter egg please do not go crazy trying to get it)

2. Yes, there are two desert chapters that you need to look out. No need for a thief to get a 100% find, any playable unit can get it.

2 Likes

That reverse recruitment sounds awesome, definitely post if you finish this @Kyrads :partying_face:

1 Like

you can also read the post as you can find both “gaidens” and “desert items” under “resources” :grimacing:

Scroll to the top of the post (ya know where ya download the patch from) and check “resources”

Tell me if you find something :sunglasses:

will do, hopefully gonna be posting it this month or next :ok_hand:

So basically, “recruit everyone and make sure they all live, and also visit the village in 2-3”. An easy thing to remember.

1 Like

It’s simple and easy to remember, just try not to perform an Iron Man run on your first try.