[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: Vision Quest (v3 by Pushwall - 1-Oct-22)

Think this one was fixed. Thanks for flagging.

I do also want to thank everyone who submitted questions for FEE3 - I recorded the Q&A this morning and we had over 50 submissions. Had lots to discuss and share, and hope it is informative for everyone.

3 Likes

Had a bit of time and wanted to share the results of the survey for v1. I’m slowly starting to work on version 2 updates by playing through the game on HM to see what adjustments need to be made to improve balance. It’s been a while since I played the game front to back, and thankfully I’ve been having fun doing iron man on the hardest difficulty.

First, I want to say that all of the feedback is immensely appreciated and helpful. I reviewed the data carefully and already started addressing some of the main concerns that I saw. It’s interesting to see what people like and don’t like, and what they choose to highlight as major wins or opportunities. It’s a great well of data and I enjoy reading all of your thoughts.

Here are a few items of note to share.

Total responses: 87

“I enjoyed Vision Quest”: 4.62/5

“I would recommend Vision Quest to a friend”: 4.63/5

“I found Vision Quest’s difficulty to be fair (fair being that it was not random or based around hiding info from the player)”: 4.31/5

Most interestingly, people were in general pretty split about their favorite and least favorite parts. Everyone had something different to say, but general consensus based on the anecdotes was that Part 1 was overall the most well-liked. Part 2 was the most divisive of the four parts.

When it came to favorite and least favorite chapters, 2-1x: To Fly the Coop, aka the Honeydew Chicken gaiden, had the most comments both for and against it. Some people enjoyed it for its whimsy and experimental objective, and others who disliked it found it unforgiving and out of place narratively. It had more mentions in both columns than any other, with ~6 mentions on each side.

1-7xx and 3-1 were also called out as favorites, while 2-3 had the most mentions outside of 2-1x as the least favorite map. People love Kitozawa, but they hate to face him in battle. :kitozawa: I’ll also add that a few of the other maps that rank low for me seemed to also be among the least favorites of everyone here, including 4-2 (which will likely be redone).

In general, the anecdotes and compliments were all inspiring and helpful. I’m glad to hear so many of you enjoyed the hack and were willing to share your feedback. Means a lot and will be huge for me as I work on making updates to improve the gameplay experience.

Stay tuned, and thanks again.

18 Likes

I’m still miffed that the token edgelord isn’t the protag.

4 Likes

Hi, just started Vision Quest (I’m about 3-4 chapters in) and I LOVE the features you added (map displays inventory and stats, viewable growths, skills, classes, visuals, etc.). I was wondering if there’s a link somewhere to your discord server? I’ve only been able to find dead invite links online.

2 Likes

Hey Kingboo,

Thanks for giving the hack a try! I closed the discord server recently. Right now it is only for the dev team. I may reopen later, but for now I am keeping it closed to help me focus on updates.

Feel free to ask any questions or report any bugs here. Thanks.

1 Like

You might be interested in the feuniverse discord server as an alternative. It’s not specifically VisionQuest related, but many users are actively working on their own hacks and there are often interesting discussions regarding design. Just thought I’d throw that out there in case that sounds appealing.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! I actually did just start my first hack (but I’m in grad school so maybe I’ll finish it within the decade?) so that’s really helpful!

2 Likes

Good luck! Definitely follow Vesly’s advice and check out the discord. Lots of us are willing to help. Good luck with the hack and grad school!

2 Likes

Finish the game like 2 times already and it was really great, i really love storch the “heck” man (because he always saying it) and a commoner main is reminding me of ike, nonetheless the first units are group of thieves not noble and bunch of its knights or mercenaries. I didn’t encounter any bugs so i played it with ease. Act 1 and 3 is probably the best ,act 4 and 2 is good but it can’t contain what fun i gain in 1 and 3, all unit is not a waste of slot they are all good. The only thing i don’t like is titus, he’s not a bad unit actually he’s just like the guy that the first time you see him you want to punch him in the face.

6 Likes

titus, he’s not a bad unit actually he’s just like the guy in school/work that when the first time you see him you want to punch him in the face.

FINALLY! Someone gets it!!!

5 Likes

You must feel so validated rn.

3 Likes

I have a problem with chapter 1-4, after the battle and the conversation about cheese and wine with the two sisters i get a black screen that doesn’t disappear. Is there anyway to fix it? I have seen someone else with this problem too, is it common?

1 Like

Thanks for reporting. Are you on the latest version? This should be fixed. Alternatively, it could be emulator related (try mGBA)

You should be able to skip past it - try resuming at the chapter end and start to skip past it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply, i think i have the latest version. I was on VBA, is there anyway to move over save files from VBA to mGBA?

1 Like

Yes there is. Just put the ROM and save file in the same folder, make sure they both have the same name (minus the file type), then run the ROM using mGBA.

2 Likes

Thanks! was confused for a second on how to load up the save, since it wasn’t a state but it worked in the end

2 Likes

Make sure you back them up too! Don’t want a repeat of that guy whose saves corrupted on the last chapter…

1 Like

Around how long might it be until the next update is finished? I’m wondering if I should download this now or wait a few months after I’ve played other games before playing this one for the best possible experience.

1 Like

I’m on chapter 17 (2-5) and I’m stuck on the ally phase, all of the units are just grooving on the map now that Obermueller used his turn.

Update: I tried a few things and after trial and error, it looks like using the arena turn 1 (I warped Storch up there) is what caused the problem. Weird!

1 Like

I bet it was bugging out because Mango had nowhere to spawn!

1 Like