[FE8] Can I make a specific song play when 2 certain units fight? (Solved)

First post here.

I’m using FEBuilder to make a hack and I was wondering if I could set it so that when a certain
character (in my case the main lord) attacks a certain boss, a different song will play from the
typical boss theme that will play for any other person attacking.

Use “Unique Battle Music Per Unit” Patch.

NAME.en=Unique Battle Music Per Unit 20200603(Installer)
INFO.en=In order to use "Sound: Unique Battle Music Per Unit Installer" must be installed.\r\nThis editor modifies the new unit music list.\r\nAllows for custom battle music based on unit, chapter, battle anime, and event flags.\r\n\r\n\r\nMusic selection rules\r\nRules\r\n1.\r\nIt has a lower priority than Boss Music.\r\nIf Boss Music is specified, Boss Music has the highest priority.\r\n2.\r\nIt is used only when the specified unit attacks an enemy from hisself.\r\n3.\r\nIf none match, play the battle background music defined in the chapter editor.

As stated in the description, this patch has a lower priority than boss music.
If you attack the boss, the boss music will have the highest priority.
Also, it is only valid if you attack the enemy yourself.

1 Like

You can also create an event with a boss quote event that calls for different BGM, which will override the boss theme, although that will only work once.

2 Likes

@7743 Unfortunately the patch was incompatible with another patch that I implemented, but I appreciate the help.

@Agro This solution helped. Thank you.