[FE8] Behold the Mega-Flare v1.2 [Upto Ch.9 ending, Ch.5x still not ready]

End of ch4
Is it my memory wrong? when did atlas talk to alicia?
And atlas and the boss conversation yeah atlas head showing at both sides again
And infinite horseslayers and hammers ty
Wtf the merc just said i put the fightimg behind me when he want a job
Great maybe I shd hire a mercenery to do houseworks later
And my total gold didnt change when olivia gave arkas 5000 gold
So … Since olivia lost 5000 gold and arkas gained 5000, and they’re in the same army so I got nothing and I’m gonna have only 2k gold that atlas teleported to the 4 guys?
Wyvern rider descirption missed out counter armor weapons
The boss’s name sure is… Rude
Btw both ch 4 and 5 rightmost housr is un-visitable
So in ch5 u have to rush towards right huh
Will there be magic lances? Oxis mag growth is pretty high lol
And is he related to the rude name guy?

End of ch4
Is it my memory wrong? when did atlas talk to alicia?

Player Phase on turn2 she immediately runs upto Atlas and has a small convo with him.

And atlas and the boss conversation yeah atlas head showing at both sides again
Wyvern rider descirption missed out counter armor weapons
Btw both ch 4 and 5 rightmost housr is un-visitable

You right, I’ll fix those in the next release.

So … Since olivia lost 5000 gold and arkas gained 5000, and they’re in the same army so I got nothing

That was just “plot” gold. So she really didn’t give him anything so you didn’t lose anything. And the reason you don’t actually get it. Is well it’s his personal money. That’s his paycheck.

So in ch5 u have to rush towards right huh

What worked for me usually is sent Cross to fight the left Merc and stall the wyverns for a turn, sitting on a house and they kite back to the center. Quinn+Arkas to take out the armors+mage on the right. While Olivia goes south and solos with Mjolnir+Elixirs. I’m actually thinking of raising the turn limit from 7-9 so you have a chance at the boss if you hard rush him.

Will there be magic lances? Oxis mag growth is pretty high lol
And is he related to the rude name guy?

There will be, and he’s not related to the rude named boss.

Btw the ch4 one im referring to the one at the right side of the mountain, (you re not supposed to get there)
Wow another jojo reference
And the death quotes/retreat quotes (yes im talking abiut that halberdier with no retreat quotes) are messed up and olivia death doesnt game over
Btw some sentences end with [A (pegasus face)

Really i love ypur work :'3

Got stuck

That should be the end of chapter 6 so there’s nothing past there. Guess I forgot to add the ending kill room in that patch.

Have a few issue with the prologue. The top reinforcement is essentially an ambush spawn if you try to get the houses and finish the chapter by killing the left boss in the same turn.

My fighter lived, somehow, only to be killed by the bishops later because I assumed they only have heal staves since they didn’t go for the 1 hp fighter and prioritized healing.

And nice hack, by the way. Really like some of your characters.

Thankyou, and yeah the prolouge ambush is a bit cheeky. I let the boss tell the player that he can hear his ally in horse hooves coming from the north and they should finish the battle asap, but with the way the houses are I understand getting them before the chapter ends.

I could delay all their movements by a turn to prevent situations like that from happening again.

After almost a month I finally updated my game. I wish progress was better, but with job and being lazy and not knowing the end of the story it was slow. It should be getting faster and faster to progress now.
I’ll post the bigger changes below, the full changelist is at the bottom as well as in the rar when you download it.

Biggest Changes: Playable from Ch.5-Ch.9 ending now. Ch.5x+ still not done yet, I changed the story so that had to take a backseat until It’s fully sorted out.

Every playable character gets 1 personal skill (not counting canto). And every boss gets 1 personal skill too. The poll I posted earlier went 50/50. So I decided to add them, give characters more flair/personality in their skills.

Cross, Quinn and Oxis all got their stats moved around. Quinn and Oxis got a brand new face portrait.

Atlas now properly has boss convos will all bosses after their normal conversations happen.

Supports were already in the game, but getting points wasn’t. Now you can gain points and get support bonuses, no convos are here yet though but still.

Three magical swords got reduced to just one, and you get a magical lance+axe before ch.5

Version 1.2 FULL CHANGELOG

Version 1.2 Changelog

Difficulty selection is skipped and now defaulted to Hard. (I’ve always done testing in hardmode, and I’m 90% sure there’s no difference between that and normal anyways, this is a just in case).

Supports are also enabled in the game, but no text (yet). (technically they were always in the game so you could see who supports who, but now point gain is granted.)

=-= Characters =-=-=

Slight Palette adjustments, notably less contrasty more smooth colors.

Atlas growth rate: +5%Str/Def -5%Luk

Jaxon: +5%Spd/Res +30%Mag

Arkas growth rate: -5%Str, +5%Spd/Def/Res

Beatrice and Oxis join dialouge changed around. (Still joining for same reasons, just clarified more.)

Oxis growth rate: +5%HP, +10%Str, -10%Luk/Spd +5%Mag -5%Res
Oxis base stat: +2Str/Def, -1Spd, -2Res +6Mag

Quinn adjusted to be a tankier Druid, but has a chance for speed growths.
Quinn growth rate: +10%Hp/Spd/Res, -10%luk
Quinn base stat: +1Skl/Spd, -1Def, +2Res

Cross growth rate: +5%Def, +10%Luk

Olivia growth rate: -10%HP/Res +20% Mag.

Boss Tsunora Ch.2: -1 Skl/Spd/Def/Res/Mag (Might revert nerf based on Levin Sword nerf).

Oxis + Quinn got a new portrait. (Oxis wasn’t fe8 styled, and Quinn was literally tharja and I wanted to not reuse old FE characters.)

=-=-= Classes =-=-=

Normal Female Shaman battle animation changed to Normal Female Druid animation (class and everything still the same.)

Terrain movement penalties organized across all classes: most are unchanged.
Drifter counts as Promoted Infantry,
Knights move across all land excluding mountains only costing 1mv
Scouts move across all land costing less then normal
Mages/Fliers/Cavalry unchanged, but now all classes follow same logie. (before bow cavs could move farther for no reason etc etc)

All enemies knights get +1 base speed. Reasoning in bug fixes section.

=-= Chapters =-=-=

Several Enemies now have Magical Lances+Axes. Also both will be an enemy drop before Ch.5

Prolouge: Sekunds Army now takes a turn to start moving to prevent ambush 1 turn KO’s.
Ch.2 Bomb Saber chest changed into Duel Axe.
Ch.3 enemies levels increased from 1 -> 3.
Ch.4 enemies levels increased from 3 -> 4.
Ch.5 ending songs were added. Also farthest right village now has a talk conversation.

=-= Items =-=
Preparation screen prices reduced to normal. (from 1.5x)

Raiha got a new weapon icon. Old one moved to Levin Sword

Wind Rapier/Bomb Sabers removed from game and replaced by below.
Levin Sword renamed into Blar Sword
Wind Rapiers replaced by Gronn Lance
Bomb Sabers replaced by Raour Axe
The three magical weapons are about Steel quality, with +2dmg and +10hit when used at range.

Flux/ElFlux/ArcFlux all lost 3weight.

Mjolnir (Olivia’s PRF) no longer protects weaknesses while in inventory, it has to be equipped now.

Steel Axes now rank D (from E), Silvers are now B (from A).

Killer Weapons changed from 20uses to 35.

Infernus name+icon changed to Longinus. and Uses raised to 50 from 45.

Chest Key now works and is a Chest Key. Door Key also works and is now a Door Key.

=-=-= Other =-=-=

Changed music when enemy starts battle

Factions have certain themes now: Knights of Argonia, Northern Knights, Bandits, The Flare. Each faction plays a certain theme for player and enemy phase.

=-=-= Known Bugs =-=-=

Chapter 6 title screen name doesn’t pop-up when starting chapter.

Arkas Seal Speed lowers enemies speed by 3, when afflicted on enemies with 2 speed, they “rollover” into 275 avoid. All classes in the game now have above 3 base speed. but just incase.

2 Likes

I got softlocked in prologue because this fighter tried to attack from across the map.

Honestly I’ve never seen that happen and I actually don’t know why or how. There was another fighter on the map that was messed up but not him. If you restart does the same thing happen?

After restarting I ran into a different glitch.

You did patch it to a clean FE8 rom right? Also which emulator are you using?

I did use a clean FE8 rom. I’m using mGBA.