[COMPLETED][FE8][29 Chapters] Grug 2: Grug's Prehistoric Truancy

Yaaaay the OST is almost done, now all I need to do is deal with bug headaches!

also i may or may not be already working on another project while i wait for tzar to get all this composin’ stuff done

expect to wait awhile for it (the next project, that is. Grug 2’s probably gonna be done in a short bit)

Grugdate

HEYYYYY SO I’VE BEEN WORKING ON THIS

New stat screen, courtesy of our artist, @LonkFC
Updated maps, thanks to the help of @Goldblitzx

Beyond this, I’ve also added character endings, chapter convos, and done an overhaul on the balance of some characters!

(Wait, none of this matters since none of y’all got to play the unbalanced editions anyway lol)

OST’s almost done! Have a listen to some tracks:

What’s left until release?
We still need to do:
-Character Palettes
-Fixing up the danger radius a bit
-Finishing up all the chapter convos
-More playtesting for balance purposes
-Bugfixing
-Finishing up the OST

So, I don’t know when exactly we’ll be out with Version 1.0, but we’ll try and make sure everything’s ironed about by that point!

5 Likes

Omg, @Goldblitzx Is me:flushed:

2 Likes

That’s crazy!
I just want to know what’s Ping4plant?
It’s your friend?or something else?

2 Likes

ping 4 plant is an old running joke i have where if you ping me on discord, i’ll give you a random wikipedia article of a plant and a review on it

4 Likes

ooo,thx

3 Likes

Good news, everyone!

The Grug 2 OST is officially completed!

Now all that’s left is a few extra things like palettes and we can ship this out!

7 Likes

Well, time for an irregular update!

Not much to say, we’re almost done! (I keep saying we’re almost done and then going silent for weeks but I promise we’re getting there.)

Only things left for the time being are to unfuckup fog palettes and write some convos. Other than that we’re chillin.

I look forward to when you guys can play this project, and I thank you all for your patience.

-Rye, the local shithead

5 Likes

Racism, the game

This shit is gonna be the best part of E3

And that’s my second FEE3 submission this year!

Honestly Grug 2 could be released rn and totally be playable start to finish but I just need the last two things (fog and player unit palettes) to wrap up the whole gig.

So yeah once those are done, expect a release!

5 Likes

Oh right this project is VERY MUCH ALIVE

Apologies for the silence for the past couple of months, but I have been working on this (well I’m currently not working on it since I’m on hiatus)

But we’re nearly there!

All that’s really left is some writing portions and palettes, and it’ll be ready for release!

Expect a release sometime in the first half of next year! (Very possibly, like 90% sure unless something goes horribly wrong).

Screenies:
gruggygaiden_1669093341684
gruggygaiden_1669083961801
gruggygaiden_1669082965023

Yup, nothing wrong

7 Likes

HOLY FUCK I FINALLY COMPLETED THE GAME

It’s been a long time coming, but Grug 2 is finally done.

I

really don’t know what to say other than

we’re quitting lol

This is our last hack. It’s been an honor and a joy working on it, but we will be moving onto other mediums in the future. But hey, one last hurrah for Team Stoned Stoners.

Recruitment guide will be up in a short bit, but for now…

This is Grug 2.

18 Likes

it’s been an honor

9 Likes

It’s been fun y’all, hope the rest of you hackers can finish your hacks too

9 Likes

Congrats

3 Likes

Grug 2 for a birthday present has to be the nicest thing I’ve ever gotten /j

in all seriousness, thank y’all for all you’ve done; I’ll be looking forward to whatever comes next wwwww

2 Likes

Yw Tezzie I will reserve a nice warm seat for you in playtester hell

1 Like

Omg I forgot to say something. Grug 2 is peak and epic and omg what if you turtled in this hack that would be funny i think.

1 Like

would be incredibly funny imo, should do it

nah you should like
use your keys instead
that’s like, actually funny

1 Like