(I promise that this is a placeholder name)
What is this?
This is part 1 of a FE8 romhack I have been working on since December. Part 1 features 11 chapters with 4 side chapters and 39 new characters in a completely original story set on the continent of Rechul following the coup of the royal family of the Kingdom of Balyra. It is titled Attempt 3 as it is my 3rd attempt at a romhack that is to my liking.
At this point I need playtest feedback on part 1 of the hack and with that motivation to dive into part 2.
- SkillsSystem (though the number of skills in this hack is relatively low)
- Str/Mag Split
- Splitting your army into smaller units for spilt chapters
- Daggers, shields and ring items
- Trainee units and unit flexibility
- Maps with dynamic objectives
- A plethora of new classes and items
- QoL stuff
- Lots of balance changes
- A more punishing magic triangle ±20 to hit and ±2 dmg
- Anima triangle (Wind>Thunder>Fire>Wind) with water as neutral
- Light is effective against monsters
- Map palette changes
- Third faction green units (sometimes)
- A lot of other features!
This hack is significantly more difficult gameplay than FE8 (which is not that hard to do, but worth pointing out).
- The hack is meant to be played on normal mode
- Easy mostly normal are the same, but on easy mode causal mode is engaged and you get access to two jaigen units who will help you out from chapter 2 onwards.
- Hard mode is still in development and only Ch.0 and Ch. 1 have a hard mode.
- I think this hack is ironmanable, but like what do I know, I don’t ironman things.
- Weather events mostly doesn’t affect infantry units, but do affect mounted and flying units more severely.
- Support range is increased to 2.
- Each character has a personal skill
- Trainees all gain a skill at level 10 and the skill is unique to the specific trainee character, so you can think of it as a second personal skill
- Most T1 foot-locked classes have a movement skill (shove, smite, pivot, etc…) learned at level 1
- At level 10 T1 classes learn an additional skill
- T2 classes learn skills at level 5 and level 15
- Bosses/named NPCs will also have personal skills.
- Some weapons and/or items grant skills when equipped.
This hack tells the story of a group of young villagers, brigands, mercenaries and other miscreants recruited by a squire to fight to restore the royal family to power, as they make their way to a resistance stronghold.
The first chapter of part 2 is also included which tells the story of the fall of the royal family and features the prince of the royal family as the main character.
- Continuing the refinement of the hack and adding paralogue chapters as I go
- Support Conversations
- Thieves can steal from party members. This is a bug from the “Allow the player to steal from NPCs (green units)” patch. I’m unsure how to fix it/if it needs to be fixed.
Recruitment Guide (beware spoilers)